Affiliate Marketing Tips -
TO KNOW before you start!
Affiliate marketing provides loads of advantages, but you need to know the basics, this guide prepares you to take full advantage and guarantees you higher commission checks!
With affiliate marketing, you simply post a link, a banner, or a short recommendation letter on your web site and then collect a percentage of the profits when a sale is made!
Among other benefits, it allows you to:
- Start your very own online business without the usual hassles and expense of product development and fulfillment.
- Capitalize on the lifetime value of customers you may have from an existing e-business by sending them "back end" offers of affiliate products and services.
- Get more sales than you would promoting your own product by making a "friendly recommendation", as opposed to pushing your own product or service.
But in the mire of hundreds of useless junk and false promises on the web, the million dollar question is:
"How to find a credible and profitable affiliate marketing program?"
Some simple, but significant questions you should ask yourself are:
- Is it a quality product or service?Remember that any recommendation you make will reflect directly on you. If you recommend a good quality product or service that is reasonably priced, your customers will continue to trust you and be interested in future recommendations that you make.
However, if your customers have a bad experience with a product or service that you recommend, they will likely hesitate to act on any new offers you send them.
Try the product or service yourself. Talk to other people who have bought it. Don't ever promote something that's going to hurt your reputation!
- Does it pays you TOP Commissions?It is OK to expect to be paid 20% to 50% commission on the profits on each product sold but 5% to 10% is really low.
Ultimately, you should look for companies who understand the "lifetime value" of new customers you send them, and who appreciate your efforts enough to compensate you generously.
For example, SBI pays affiliates a generous 25% or US$75 commission on every sale sold through the affiliate link to their site.
Why are they're willing to pay such high commissions? Because they recognize the *lifetime value* of each new customer their affiliates send them. Only consider joining programs that offer a similar level of respect for their affiliates.
- Does the program have at least a 1% conversion ratioCheck out their web site and their sales page to see if it "makes you want to buy." After all, while it's your job to send them targeted traffic, it's their job to turn these prospects into paying customers.
- Can you join for Free?Why should you pay to promote someone else's product? This is a popular scam, don't fall for it.
- Does the company uses quality affiliate tracking software that is reliable and tracks ALL of your sales...this includes offline sales.
- Does the company uses "cookie tracking"?This helps to ensure that you will be credited for the sales of people who don't buy the first time they visit, but come back later to make the purchase.
- Does the program offers real time email notifications?Every time someone joins or purchase a product from your link, you should get an instant email-after all this is the 21st century.
- Does the program offer you affiliate marketing support?These include tutorial, traffic-generating ads, letter templates as well as email AND phone contact.
- And MOST IMPORTANTLYDon't choose numerous programs and try to promote them all at once.That doesn't work! More is NOT always better! You will devalue your site and destroy your credibility by coming across as "greedy" rather than "helpful."
One or two solid programs can guarantee you nice commissions checks each month- and you maintain your credibility.
If you are interested in a few solid programs that pays high commissions, offers 24hrs support, provides instant email notification, cookie tracking & the works, Click Here to view my personal Top Three.
I speak very highly of them.
And by the way, you may also take a look at SBI's Affiliate Marketing Guide page for even more invaluable tips.
There is enough above to get you started, but for an even more comprehensive guide to affiliate marketing, we call it "THE BIBLE", download this FREE Affiliate Master's course [A pdf file].
All the best.
Return to Best Affiliate Programs from The Affiliate Marketing Guide
Return to My Island Jamaica Homepage from AffiliateMarketing Guide