Big Fire in one of the oldest buildings in Savannah la Mar this morning!
by Sue Mckenzie
(Judy House, Negril)
The spectacle drew crowds from all over town
Arrived in Sav la Mar, to do some business today, to find the upper floor of one of the oldest buildings in Sav, housing a restaurant & two tiny shops, on fire.
Firemen and lots of onlookers were already on the scene. As fire burned out the upstairs of the building two shop owners from the lower level evacuated their precious goods.
Fire & bellowing smoke covered the street for about 15 minutes and it took about an hour to finally out the fire.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Jamaican News And Events.
Looking For Something Special?
In most cases, we have what you are looking for. Just search the entire site using this Google Search bar (below).
Great Articles You Might Have Missed
Was The Information Helpful?
Great! Please help me get the message out by sharing with your friends on social media (links below)
You are also welcome to join my special friends list and receive exclusive updates (like this), tips, trivia and stories from lovers of Jamaica! Just enter...
Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
Top Of Page
Need More Help?
We have a cherry list of top Jamaican companies that might be able to help you. Please click here to see them, our preferred partners and site sponsors.