How To Send Free Text Messages To Jamaica
How To Send Free Text Messages To Jamaica
Here's How to Send Free text messages to Jamaica
Every wonder how to send a free text message to a Jamaican mobile number regardless of the provider?
I'll show you in 10 seconds - and you'll be able to do it at zero cost! You'll simply send it as an email.
This facility becomes even more helpful if you have many friends in Jamaica and would rather send then all one text, eg. "Merry Christmas from Joan in Michigan".
Here is how...
- First, find your friend's Jamaican phone number.
It should be something like this "8764446387" (Your friend would normally give you only the last 7 digits)
- Check to find out the provider they use.
The majority of mobile users in Jamaica are subscribed to Digicel and chances are, your friend (or family) number is on that network. But just to be sure, here's an easy way to find out...
- Go to http://www.whitepages.com/phone/.
- Click on the "Reverse Phone" tab and enter the Jamaican phone number in the search box that says Phone Number and click "search".
- The results will either say something like:
- Mossel (Jamaica) mobile phone from Kingston, JM
- Jamaica Tel. Co. landline from Discovryby, JM
Make a note of either.
- Sign into your email account (yahoo, gmail etc.)
- Click on Compose (or create) an email message, as you'd normally do for regular emails.
- In the "To" field, simply enter either of the following:
- The mobile number, that is 876 + seven digits then @digitextjm.com, if the provider said "Mossel (Jamaica) mobile phone" from step #2 above OR
- The Phone number, that is 876 + seven digits then @mylimemobile.com, if the provider said "Jamaica Tel. Co. landline"from step #2 above.
- The recipient's address should now look like this, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Simply type your message- you can type the entire text in the subject field or use the regular email body; the first 130 characters will be sent.
- Click Send email.
- That's it!
- Within short order your friend (or family) will receive your email as a text message on their phone in Jamaica!
- Just note that your email address will be sent as well and in the case of Mossell Jamaica" (Digicel) the recipient will see the sender as "555".
- There you have it!
No verfication code, No sign up, Nothing! Just a quick, simple, and FREE way to send free text (SMS) messages to to Jamaica using your email.
- Jamaicans (locally) may also do the same - it doesn't have to be from outside the country.
I currently use this feature to send messages to many of my fellow clubites and cricketers to advise or update them on matches or meetings.
It can also be an easy way for PROs and secretaries to communicate with church members, students or members of other organizations.
If you found this useful, please share this article with a friend or send this link: http://www.my-island-jamaica.com/how-to-send-free-text-messages-to-jamaica.html
Thanks For Reading!
Like What You Just Read?
Please join me in my effort to share the beauty and uniqueness of Jamaica with the world. You can do so by sharing this insightful narrative on the social media of your choice and ask others to do the same (BELOW).
What's New? Here Are The Very Latest Articles I Added
Dec 20, 14 04:11 PM
Blue Hole Mineral Spring is one of the rarest hidden gems in Jamaica and is one of the most authentic of attractions in Negril Jamaica
Dec 13, 14 11:39 PM
We're spending our first visit ever in Jamacia. What's the Christmas like in Negril or anywhere on the Island? ANSWER: BY Wellesley Gayle Hello there
Dec 08, 14 10:53 PM
Looking for a cheap charter flight to Jamaica? Here is a list of the top ones from the USA, UK and Canada
Get Exclusive Updates & Tips!
You are also welcome to join my special friends list and receive exclusive updates (like this), tips, trivia and stories from lovers of Jamaica!
I'll Gift You A FREE COPY of my eBook, 101 Intriguing Facts About Jamaica - just for subscribing!
Just enter your email & name below:
Now, It's Your Turn! :-)
I'd like to hear from you, please click here to share your thoughts and opinions, right now.
Didn't find exactly what you were looking for?
Top Of Page
Click Here to do a quick search of the entire site