How To Send Free Text Messages To Jamaica
How To Send Free Text Messages To Jamaica
Here's How to Send Free text messages to Jamaica (and even within Jamaica)
Every wonder how to send a free text message to a Jamaican mobile number regardless of the provider?
I'll show you in 10 seconds - and you'll be able to do it at zero cost!
You'll simply send it as an email.
This facility becomes even more helpful if you have many friends in Jamaica and would rather send then all one text, eg. "Happy New Year from Joan in Michigan".
Here is how...
- First, find your friend's Jamaican phone number.
It should be something like this "8764446387" (Your friend would normally give you only the last 7 digits)
- Check to find out the provider they use.
The majority of mobile users in Jamaica are subscribed to either Digicel and LIME.
But just to be sure, here's an easy way to find out...
- Go to http://www.whitepages.com/phone/.
- On the text area that it mentions "Reverse Phone", enter the Jamaican phone number and click "search" or the magnifying glass.
- The results will either say something like:
- Mossel (Jamaica) mobile phone from Kingston, JM
- Jamaica Tel. Co. landline from Discovryby, JM
Make a note of either.
You might get other results, but I find that all ALL DIGICEL NUMBER WILL SAY "Mossell Jamaica"- anything else is LIME!
- Next... Sign into your email account (yahoo, gmail etc.)
- Click on "Compose" (or create) an email message, as you'd normally do for regular emails.
- In the "To" field, simply enter either of the following:
- The mobile number (that is 876 + seven digits) then @digitextjm.com, if the provider said "Mossel (Jamaica) mobile phone" from step #2 above OR
- The Phone number, that is 876 + seven digits then @mylimemobile.com, if the provider said "Jamaica Tel. Co. landline" (or anything other than Mossel Jamaica) from step #2 above.
- At the end, the recipient's address should now look like this, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org
- Simply type your message- you can type the entire text in the subject field or use the regular email body; the first 130 characters will be sent.
- Click Send email.
- That's it!
- Within short order your friend (or family) will receive your email as a text message on their phone in Jamaica!
- Just note that your email address will be sent as well and in the case of Mossell Jamaica" (Digicel) the recipient will see the sender as "555".
- There you have it! No verfication code, No sign up, Nothing!
Just a quick, simple, and FREE way to send free text (SMS) messages to to Jamaica using your email.
Jamaicans (locally) may also do the same - it doesn't have to be from outside the country.
I currently use this feature to send messages to many of my fellow clubites, cricketers, and travel business partners
to advise of updates and new developments.
It can also be an easy way for public relation officers, secretaries, church members, students or members of other organizations to communicate instantly.
If you found this useful, please share this article with a friend or send this link: http://www.my-island-jamaica.com/how-to-send-free-text-messages-to-jamaica.html
Thanks For Reading!
Like What You Just Read?
Please join me in my effort to share the beauty and uniqueness of Jamaica with the world. You can do so by sharing this insightful narrative on the social media of your choice and ask others to do the same (BELOW).
What's New? Here Are The Very Latest Articles I Added
Mar 29, 15 10:30 AM
Jamaica is the sweetest, nah true!! I’ve been coming twice a year for the last 10 years. Firstly to Ocho Rios and then 8 years ago I found a treasure in
Mar 22, 15 08:42 AM
I am fortunate enough to have visited the island of Jamaica 15 times in total over the past 25 years! My first trip was to Montego Bay, near Doctors
Mar 22, 15 08:39 AM
Wellesley, Saw your site and was attracted by the art work, then decided to visit awhile cause it was very well laid out, had eye catching headings, easily
Get Exclusive Updates & Tips!
You are also welcome to join my special friends list and receive exclusive updates (like this), tips, trivia and stories from lovers of Jamaica!
I'll Gift You A FREE COPY of my eBook, 101 Intriguing Facts About Jamaica - just for subscribing!
Just enter your email & name below:
Now, It's Your Turn! :-)
I'd like to hear from you, please click here to share your thoughts and opinions, right now.
Didn't find exactly what you were looking for?
Top Of Page
Click Here to do a quick search of the entire site