5 Amazing Facts & Insightful Information On Jamaica
Information On Jamaica
by Serena Grant
Jamaica is one of the remarkable little countries in the world so it is no surprise that Jamaica is top ranked in so many areas. Whether it is our athletes, our beautiful island or our people, Jamaica is the home of remarkable.
Here a few remarkable statistics that you may or may not know about Jamaica.
- Fastest Man on The Planet - Usain Bolt
EVERYBODY knows (by now) that the fastest human being on the planet is Jamaican. Usain ‘Lightening’ Bolt hails from the parish of Trelawny from a little community called Sherwood Content. The nine time Olympic Gold medalist is the only person on Earth to win triple gold medals over three consecutive Olympic Games.
- The Most Female Managers in the World
According to a new study by the International Labour Organization (ILO), our little dot on the map Jamaica has the most email managers in the entire WORLD! Yes! Jamaican queens are rocking Jamaica and the world corporate core!
- Rated Best Island In The Caribbean
Trip Advisor’s recently released annual list Best Islands in the Caribbean List, Tripadvisor gave Jamaica the coveted title! It is no surprise that the island nation got top honours, I mean have you seen our beaches, tasted our food, hung out with our people or stayed at any of our hotels? Helllo? Yet another crown that the land of wood and water now proudly rocks!
- The Best Place for Women with High Skilled Jobs, Jamaica
In a 2012 study done by the Independent, it was discovered that 60% percent of the high skilled jobs such as legislators, senior officials etc, were all posts held by women! To top it off, in that year our first and only female Prime Minister won the general elections! Now that is some serious girl power.
- The 2016 Fastest Woman in the World – Elaine Thompson
In the 2016 Summer Olympic Games, Shelly- Ann Fraser Pryce, the decorated Olympian entered the Women’s 100 meter finals as the favourite, however, it was relative newcomer Elaine Thompson who dominated the field that day, blazing past her team mate Fraser- Pryce and track nemesis Daphne Schippers!
Elaine went on to win the Women’s 200 meter race as well. Thompson’s blistering run has deemed her the fastest woman in the world to date.
And there is more! Be sure to visit read our profile of Jamaica page for even more!
See also: Fun facts about Jamaica
Posted: March 2017
- Keh, A et al. 2012- Jamaican’s Elaine Thompson is the Fastest Woman in the World . The New York Times Retrieved from https://www.nytimes.com/2016/08/14/sports/olympics/elaine-thompson-jamaica-100-meter-dash.html?_r=0
- Trip Advisor.com – Top 10 Islands Caribbean. Retrieved from https://www.tripadvisor.com/TravelersChoice-Islands-cTop-g147237
- The Jamaica Observer – Jamaica has highest percentage of Women Managers globally – ILO Report. Retrieved from http://www.jamaicaobserver.com/news/Jamaica-has-highest-percentage-of-women-managers-globally---ILO-report
- Morrison, S. 2012; Revealed the Best and Worst Places to be a Woman. The Independent. Retrieved from http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/politics/revealed-the-best-and-worst-places-to-be-a-woman-7534794.html
Pages Related To Information On Jamaica
Return To Interesting Facts from Information On Jamaica
Return To Homepage from Information On Jamaica
Recommended For You
P.S. Didn't find exactly what you were looking for? Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool, It works!
Or, simply click here to ask me the question. I'll do my best to get back to you within 24 hours!
And, Before You Go!
Here (below) are some sweet deals on great Jamaican products at Amazon that you might have otherwise missed.
Amazon.com, by the way, is the internet's most reputable retailer and usually showcases only the best products from their inventory.
As an ardent customer and affiliate I earn a small commission from your purchase, at no extra cost to you. So thanks in advance.
Note: If link does not show, please click here to be redirected to our page at Amazon.com.
Great Articles You Might Have Missed
Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
Ready To Vacation?
Please Book With Us...
Was the information helpful to you?
Here is a great way to support our effort.
All you need to do is book your vacation via the reputable HotelsCombined.com search box below.
It can be for travel to Jamaica or anywhere else on earth.
They combine the best deals from across all major booking sites and shows you only the very best!
Not quite ready to book? Start by searching (below) to get some amazing ideas now.
You are also welcome to join my special friends list and receive exclusive updates (like this), tips, trivia and stories from lovers of Jamaica! Just enter...
Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
Top Of Page