Jamaican Style Red Peas Soup Recipe
Jamaican Red Peas Soup
You haven't had red peas soup until you've had it Jamaican style!
Say "Yeah Mon" if you agree with me (lol) :-)
Anyway, here is it... Simple and easy!
Please be sure to try it.
And if you have a few minutes after devouring it, please drop us a line to let us know how it came out (link below).INGREDIENTS
- 1 pt red peas or red kidney beans
- 2 lbs soup beef (cut in bit sizes)
- 1 lb flour
- 2 oz escallion & thyme
- A dash of pimento seeds
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 8 oz carrots (diced)
- 8 oz Irish potatoes (diced)
- 3 oz soup seasoning powder
- 1 green pepper (whole)
- Cook peas, meat and pimento in adequate water until tender. That might be about one to one and half hours.
- Add small dumplings made from flour.
- Add escallion, thyme, soup seasoning, whole pepper
- Stir and cover pot on medium flames for another 20 minutes or so.
- Add diced carrots, diced irish potatoes and coconut milk.
- Add salt and stir.
- Cover and simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
I welcome your comments
Was The Information Helpful?
Great! Please help me get the message out by sharing with your friends on social media (links below)
You are also welcome to join my special friends list and receive exclusive updates (like this), tips, trivia and stories from lovers of Jamaica! Just enter...
Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube