Jamaican Style Red Peas Soup Recipe
Jamaican Red Peas Soup
You haven't had red peas soup until you've had it Jamaican style!
Say "Yeah Mon" if you agree with me (lol) :-)
Anyway, here is it... Simple and easy!
Please be sure to try it.
And if you have a few minutes after devouring it, please drop us a line to let us know how it came out (link below).INGREDIENTS
- 1 pt red peas or red kidney beans
- 2 lbs soup beef (cut in bit sizes)
- 1 lb flour
- 2 oz escallion & thyme
- A dash of pimento seeds
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 8 oz carrots (diced)
- 8 oz Irish potatoes (diced)
- 3 oz soup seasoning powder
- 1 green pepper (whole)
- Cook peas, meat and pimento in adequate water until tender. That might be about one to one and half hours.
- Add small dumplings made from flour.
- Add escallion, thyme, soup seasoning, whole pepper
- Stir and cover pot on medium flames for another 20 minutes or so.
- Add diced carrots, diced irish potatoes and coconut milk.
- Add salt and stir.
- Cover and simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
I welcome your comments
Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/myislandjamaica
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/myislandjamaica
Thanks For Reading!
Like What You Just Read?
Please join me in my effort to share the beauty and uniqueness of Jamaica with the world. You can do so by sharing this insightful narrative on the social media of your choice and ask others to do the same (BELOW).
We have a cherry list of top Jamaican companies that might be able to help you. Please click here to see them, our preferred partners and site sponsors.
Top Of Page
Get Exclusive Updates & Tips!
You are also welcome to join my special friends list and receive exclusive updates (like this), tips, trivia and stories from lovers of Jamaica!
I'll Gift You A FREE COPY of my eBook, 101 Intriguing Facts About Jamaica - just for subscribing!
Just enter your email & name below: