Jamaican Martini Recipe
Delight Your Taste buds!
Jamaican Martini || by Kesha Stewart
Jamaican Martini || talesofthecocktail.com
When we think of, or hear of martini ,we tend to associate this with the well-known fictional character Bond …James Bond 007 himself who explicitly orders his martini shaken and not stirred .
We Jamaicans are known for our creativity so it’s not a surprise to realize that we have created our own brand of martini for local and international James Bond want to bee’s :-)
And we have lots of them in a variety of flavours to suit all type of tastes.
Photo Source: https://mixthatdrink.com
So you must be thinking how can I experience Jamaican martini on a budget that is not as lavish as the man “James Bond“ we have one for you!
We have one for you!
And, if you are someone who keeps a keen eye on the amount of calorie consumed throughout the day, this one is perfect for you!
- 3 oz .Gin /Vodka - Wray and Nephew Old Tom Gin/ / Rum-Bar Vodka, Classic
- 1/2oz. Red Wine - Merlot red wine
- 1 tbsp dark rum - Appleton Estate Jamaica Rum
- 4 dash of orange bitters - Bittercube Jamaican #1 Bitters
What You Need for Shaking- A typical three-piece shaker or a 2-piece Boston shaker.
How to Shake Cocktail- It should take just a minute or two from the time you begin pouring the ingredients to the time you strain the drink. The following steps can be used.
- Add the ingredients into cocktail shaker or mixing glass (if using a Boston shaker).
- Fill the shaker with ice.
- Secure the lid or Boston shaker tin.
- Grip the shaker with both hands (one on each piece) and shake vigorously over your shoulder.
- Shake for a slow count of ten or until the outside of the shaker frosts up.
- Strain into a chilled cocktail glass. Garnish with cherry peppers, lemon slice or orange peel and serve.(optional)
Of course, Jamrock (Jamaica) is encircled by the captivating Caribbean Sea, so I'd recommend you enjoy this beverage is under a coconut tree on a beach admiring a spectacular tropical sunset :)
It can be administered after a long and nerve-racking day at work, to enhance a romantic evening or just for appreciating something truly Jamaican.
And by the way, it is with great pride that the time is taken to highlight the fact that this recipe is also cholesterol free!
Pages Related To Jamaican Martini
Return to Jamaican Drinks from Jamaican Martini
Return To My Island Jamaica Home from Jamaican Martini
Great Articles You Might Have Missed
Was The Information Helpful?
Great! Please help me get the message out by sharing with your friends on social media (links below)
You are also welcome to join my special friends list and receive exclusive updates (like this), tips, trivia and stories from lovers of Jamaica! Just enter...
Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
Top Of Page
Need More Help?
We have a cherry list of top Jamaican companies that might be able to help you. Please click here to see them, our preferred partners and site sponsors.