Jamaican Rum Cake Recipe
Quick and Easy
Authentic Jamaican Rum Cake Recipe by Kemoy McCurbyn
Jamaican Rum cake is one of the most delicious Jamaican desserts that you can serve after
a hearty meal.
This cake can be had at any time of the day, served at
any party as a tasty snack, and not just for dessert.
This recipe is a simple step by step one that you can follow to bake yourself a beautiful Rum Cake.
Simple Recipe For Jamaican Rum Cake
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Equipment needed: Bundt Pan (Baking tin with hole in the middle) or any baking tin.
1 box yellow or white cake mix
1 small box instant vanilla pudding
½ cup vegetable oil
½ cup water
½ cup Jamaican white rum
1 cup butter
1 cup granulated sugar
¼ cup water
¼ cup Jamaican white rum
- Preheat oven to 325° F
- Grease tin with butter, then dust with flour or spray tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine cake mix, vanilla pudding, eggs, oil, water and rum in a large mixing bowl. Beat for 2 minutes until smooth.
- Pour batter in prepared tin, bake for 1 hour
- Prepare Glaze while cake is in the oven
- Combine butter, sugar and water in sauce pan and bring to boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and add the rum to the mixture, mix thoroughly
- Remove cake from the oven when done, do not cool.
- Pour rum glaze onto the hot cake.
- Set cake on cool rack to cool.
Serve as dessert or on its own.
Jamaican Banana Rum Cake
Jamaican pineapple rum cake
Coconut Rum Cake
See More Free Jamaican Recipes here
All pictures courtesy of Tortuga Rum Cakes.
Return to Food From Jamaica from Jamaican Rum Cake Recipe
Return to My Island Jamaica Homepage from Recipe For Jamaican Rum Cake
Great Articles You Might Have Missed
Was The Information Helpful?
Great! Please help me get the message out by sharing with your friends on social media (links below)
You are also welcome to join my special friends list and receive exclusive updates (like this), tips, trivia and stories from lovers of Jamaica! Just enter...
Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
Top Of Page
Need More Help?
We have a cherry list of top Jamaican companies that might be able to help you. Please click here to see them, our preferred partners and site sponsors.