Top Montego Bay Attractions,
Beaches and Places To Visit
Top Montego Bay Attractions
by Rose-Marie Gordon-Cole
For as long as I can remember Montego Bay has been the “tourist capital” of Jamaica.
Picturesque low mountains to the south and the aqua blue Caribbean sea to the north is the perfect positioning of Jamaica’s second city.
If you are looking at Montego Bay attractions or for Montego Bay as your next holiday spot, here is an idea of some of its offerings:
- A throbbing metropolis, boasting both a cruise ship pier and an international airport,
- accommodation from just providing a bed to super-all inclusive service
- conference and sport facilities
- superb shopping
- Cultural experience which includes the city tour - from sam sharpe square to the civic center and the dome.
- World class golfing
- World class entertainment
- Lots and lots of sun, sea and sand
- And most importantly warm friendly people
With its diverse offerings, relaxed and laid back atmosphere, without hesitation Montego Bay is the perfect holiday getaway.
Places to stay?
We are a lot, I mean a lot! Ask me though and I'll share with you recommendation. Click here to learn about them.
Fun Things To Do:
If your mood calls for basking on the beach, my top choices are;
- Aqua Sol Theme Park - beach facilities, tennis, roller skating, go cars, fitness center, restaurant and bar 1 (876)
- (ceased operation) Cornwall Beach – beach facilities, water sports, restaurant and bar – 1(876) 979-3447
- Doctor’s Cave Beach – beach facilities,water sports, restaurant and bar – 1(876) 979 0104
All of these beautiful beaches can be found on Gloucester Avenue aka "Hip Strip".
The Hip Strip is the street that never sleeps, always pulsating, and provides a mixture of restaurants, bars, nightclubs and shopping opportunities.
Want a change of pace, "no problem mon"!
...My recommendation would be to try any of the following:
- Zipline/canopy tour – Montego Bay features the longest zipline in the Caribbean. Over 1,600 feet above the ground. It’s
like flying with the birds. Really an awesome experience (I can attest to that).
- ATV off road adventure – this tour takes you in the rural mountainous outskirts of the city, through farming communities,
and end with a taste of some Jamaica jerk chicken and a very cold red stripe beer.
- Water sports – offered by most hotels or public beaches
This is just a tip of the iceberg as the list is endless
At the end of all that excitement a relaxing evening would be in order, or not. Whatever the case may be, I am sure you will
be able to find something to suite your personality and mood on the "Hip Strip".
If your choice of accommodation is all inclusive, then your evening would have already been planned.
If not here are some restaurants to choose from:
- The Pelican – 1(876) 952-3171
- The Houseboat Grill -
- Twisted Kilt – 1(876) 952-9488
- The Native – 1(876) 979-2769
- Pier one on the waterfront – 1(876) 952-2452
- Scotchies, world famous jerk pork and chicken – 1(876) 952-3301
- The HouseBoat Grill- Southern Cross Blvd, Jamaica / 1 (876) 979-8845
- See the full list of Montego Bay's Top Restaurants here
See also: Restuarants in Jamaica
And after dinner you might want to kick up your heels for a minute or until the next morning, this you can do at:
- Marguritaville – 1(876) 952-9609
- Blue Beat (a must visit if you are into jazz/latin music) - 1(876) 952-4777
- Pier one on the waterfront – 1(876) 952-2452
Transportation in and around town is never a problem as the taxis operates round the clock.
Now go out and enjoy!
See Also: Montego Bay Car Dealers
Updated:February 16, 2017
Originally Posted: 05/21/2011
Pages Related To Montego Bay Attractions
Return to Places to Visit in Jamaica from Montego Bay Attractions Jamaica.
Return to HomePage from Montego Bay Attractions.
Make sure you subscribe to my free monthly e-zine My Island Jamaica
Digest (MIJD) and stay with the latest from Jamaica!
Like our Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/myislandjamaica
Follow us on Twitter https://twitter.com/myislandjamaica
Articles You Might Have Missed...
Thanks For Reading!
Like What You Just Read?
Please join me in my effort to share the beauty and uniqueness of Jamaica with the world. You can do so by sharing this insightful narrative on the social media of your choice and ask others to do the same (BELOW).
We have a cherry list of top Jamaican companies that might be able to help you. Please click here to see them, our preferred partners and site sponsors.
Top Of Page
Get Exclusive Updates & Tips!
You are also welcome to join my special friends list and receive exclusive updates (like this), tips, trivia and stories from lovers of Jamaica!
I'll Gift You A FREE COPY of my eBook, 101 Intriguing Facts About Jamaica - just for subscribing!
Just enter your email & name below: