Montego Bay Attractions - by Rose-Marie Gordon-Cole
For as long as I can remember Montego Bay has been the “tourist capital” of Jamaica. Picturesque low mountains to the south and the aqua blue Caribbean sea to the north is the perfect positioning of Jamaica’s second city.
If you are looking at Montego Bay attractions or for Montego Bay as your next holiday spot, here is an idea of some of its offerings:
- A throbbing metropolis, boasting both a cruise ship pier and an international airport,
- accommodation from just providing a bed to super-all inclusive service
- conference and sport facilities
- superb shopping
- Cultural experience
- World class golfing
- World class entertainment
- Lots and lots of sun, sea and sand
- And most importantly warm friendly people
With its diverse offerings, relaxed and laid back atmosphere, without hesitation Montego Bay is the perfect holiday getaway.
There are so many fun things to do and wonderful places to stay. Here are my picks:
Places to stay; Take a look of our top picks of hotels by just going to the search the site option in the green pane to the left of this page.
Fun things to do:
If your mood calls for basking on the beach, my top choices are;
- Aqua Sol Theme Park - beach facilities, tennis, roller skating, go cars, fitness center, restaurant and bar 1 (876) 979-9447
- Cornwall Beach – beach facilities, water sports, restaurant and bar – 1(876) 979-3447
- Doctor’s Cave Beach – beach facilities,water sports, restaurant and bar – 1(876) 979 0104
All of these beautiful beaches can be found on Gloucester Avenue aka "Hip Strip".
The Hip Strip is the street that never sleeps, always pulsating, and provides a mixture of restaurants, bars, nightclubs and shopping opportunities.
Want a change of pace, "no problem mon"
...My recommendation would be to try any of the following:
- Zipline/canopy tour – Montego Bay features the longest zipline in the Caribbean. Over 1,600 feet above the ground. It’s like flying with the birds. Really an awesome experience (I can attest to that).
- ATV off road adventure – this tour takes you in the rural mountainous outskirts of the city, through farming communities, and end with a taste of some Jamaica jerk chicken and a very cold red stripe beer.
- Water sports – offered by most hotels or public beaches
- This is just a tip of the iceberg as the list is endless
At the end of all that excitement a relaxing evening would be in order, or not. Whatever the case may be, I am sure you will be able to find something to suite your personality and mood on the "Hip Strip".
If your choice of accommodation is all inclusive, then your evening would have already been planned. If not here are some restaurants to choose from:
- The Pelican – 1(876) 952-3171
- Coral cliff – restaurant, bar and gaming lounge – 1(876) 952-4131
- Twisted Kilt – 1(876) 952-9488
- The Native – 1(876) 979-2769
- Scotchies, world famous jerk pork and chicken – 1(876) 952-3301
So after dinner you might want to kick up your heels for a minute or until the next morning, this you can do at:
- Marguritaville – 1(876) 952-9609
- Blue Beat (a must visit if you are into jazz/latin music) - 1(876) 952-4777
- Pier one on the waterfront – 1(876) 952-2452
Transportation in and around town is never a problem. As the taxis operates round the clock.
Related: Montego Bay Car Dealers
Return to Places to Visit in Jamaica from Montego Bay Attractions Jamaica.
Return to HomePage from Montego Bay Attractions.
Back to Top of Montego Bay Attractions
Other Related Pages
Back to Top
Make sure you subscribe to my free monthly e-zine My Island Jamaica Digest (MIJD) and stay with the latest from Jamaica!
Back to Top
Didn't find exactly what you were looking for?
Do a quick search of the entire site.