with all that's new at My-Island-Jamaica, Click Here to subscribe
for my updates and don't miss a thing!
This mini forum captures some of the most hilarious and comical Jamaican jokes around, no doubt!
New! See the real Jamaica in VIDEOS
Click Here to visit to my fun YouTube channel - you'll love it!
And what is making it different is the interaction. The forum is already burning up!
Here are some of the BEST JOKES SUBMITTED.
And YOU, yes you, can submit your original jokes or Jamaican trivia too! Others will be able to rate and/or comment on it, all for the FUN!
Now, how about one from me? :-)
I'll share this one, sent to me from Karen, my friend and former co-worker at a popular resort in Montego Bay. This is for all the true Jamaicans in the diaspora! [Thanks Karen]:
People will know you are Jamaican if...
- You can't say "three" or "thing" ... you instead say "tree" and "ting".
- You can distinguish between "cocoa-tea" "bush-tea", and "green-tea".
- When someone sympathizes with you, you comment "Yuh tink seh it easy?"
- You say words like Heg (instead of Egg); Hingland (instead of England)
- You point with your lips.
- You give directions with your hands, even if it is in another state.
- You go to parties for the food and drink and then cuss after wards when the food and drink run out.
- You address all the Chinese at the local shop as "Mr. Chin" or "Ms Chin".
- You nod your head upwards to greet someone.
- You always find yourself standing next to plenty of luggage and boxes at the airport.
- When you travel home, you bring an extra suitcase going down, it has none of your clothes; returning, it has food.
- You hate to throw away empty containers as they might come in handy for pepper sauce or "green seasonings".
- You have one big pot you call curry pot when you are not even cooking curry.
- You have another pot you called "dutch pot".
- You say "bwoy" at the beginning of a sentence and "man" at the end of it.
- You always hang something on your rear view mirror.
- You put pepper sauce on everything for the taste.
- You think eating ackee and saltfish, plantain and fried dumplings are a great morning breakfast.
- You can't go a week without a rice dish.
- You chew and suck out all the marrow from the chicken bone and then pick out your teeth after wards.
- You bring home food from a party (enough for your breakfast the next morning, your lunch and your dinner!)
- You chew the ice when you finish your drinks.
- You must put dumplings in all soups.
- You show disapproval by sucking your teeth.
- You have a dishwasher in the house and only use it for special occasions.
- You have a thyme (or mint) bush growing somewhere in your yard.
Pages Related To Jamaican Jokes
Make sure you subscribe to my free monthly e-zine My Island Jamaica Digest (MIJD) and stay with the latest from Jamaica!
Your Favourite Jamaican Joke or Trivia
So you have an interesting Jamaican joke or trivia?
Share it with us! What Others Have Shared
It's all about the fun.
Just promise me you'll keep it clean, right?
And by the way, my other site visitors will truly appreciate it.
How to get started? It's easy...
Jamaican Jokes Submitted By Others Like You.
Click below to see other jokes and trivia shared by my other dedicated site visitors.
Joke - who is following you Not rated yet
There was this little boy whose mother took him and his friend to school every morning about a block away.
One day his mother realizes that another …
Biggest Jamaican showoff (Joke) Not rated yet
Jamaicans heading to England on a boat in 1959 departed out of Kingston docking in Portland before heading out to sea.
The passengers including my …
Crazy Jamaican Jokes Not rated yet
Some american soldies were having a training session with some Jamaican soldiers at twickenham park in St. Catherine. At the end of the day they all gathered …
Cynical Jamaican Jokes Not rated yet
One night a man was was relaxing watching TVJ (local TV station) when out of the kitchen came his wife with a pan --BOOF!-- "a who name Holly?" asked the …
Click here to write your own.
Return to Jamaica Forums from Jamaican Jokes
Return to My Island Jamaica Homepage from Jamaican Jokes
New!Talk To Me
Was the information helpful? Something needs changing? I welcome your feedback here.
Recommended For You ...
Other Great Articles You Might Have Missed
Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
P.S. Didn't find exactly what you were looking for? Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.
Top Of Page
About The Author
A patriotic Jamaican who adores his culture, Wellesley has been using this medium to share what he calls 'the uniqueness of Jamaica with the world' since April 2007.
To date, he serves over 9,300 unique readers / viewers per day.
efforts have earned him featured positions in local publications,
including the Jamaica Gleaner's Hospitality Jamaica, Carlong Publishers,
as well as recognition from numerous prestigious international agencies
He invites you to join his friends list and stay updated on all the latest. You are also invited to join his exclusive patron community.