with all that's new at My-Island-Jamaica,
Click Here to subscribe
for my updates and don't miss a thing!
11 Best Places To Visit in Jamaica My Top Recommendations
Whether you are looking for exciting, historic or adventurous places to visit in Jamaica, rest assured we have them all!
See the real Jamaica in VIDEOS New!
Click Here to visit to my fun YouTube channel - you'll love it!
"If I could find a way to live in Jamaica and still make the money I make in the States, I would be gone before you could read this!" -CADG, Aurora, CO
Among them includes some of the best in the Caribbean & indeed the world! I have been to a number of them; Many are great, but still, there are many more for me to venture.
So from my own experience, and/or popular local sentiments, I now present you my personal favourites, the best of the best!
Drum roll please... (in no particular order)
New! Our Visitors Top Pics!
Click Here to see the top recommended places to visit - from visitors and vacationers in Jamaica.
1) Chukka Adventure Tours There are a lot of good reasons why they were crowned the top adventure tour company in the Caribbean. I have first hand experience! The company operates twenty-eight (28) amazing tours at Montego Bay, Ocho Rios and St. Mary in Jamaica, Belize City in Belize, Half Moon Cay in The Bahamas and Grand Turk in the Turks & Caicos Islands. You can't miss our Chukka Adventure Tour Summary here.
2) Bob Marley's Nine Miles Nine Miles is the birth place of our late great reggae superstar, Bob Marley and is also his final resting place. But more than that, the trip also takes you through various villages where you can learn quite a lot about rural Jamaica - the real Jamaica! More on Nine Miles here
3) Mystic Mountain
For Adventure, Thrills, & Breathtaking Views!
Set entirely in a lush, tropical rainforest, atop a mountain, the natural surroundings of this unique 100-acre theme park provides the perfect backdrop for the exhilarating bobsled, zip line, and chairlift rides guests can experience.
A must do - for those who dare :-) More on Mystic Mountain Adventure here.
Truly, no trip or vacation to our beautiful island is complete without climbing this majestic waterfall! 4) Dunn's River Falls Led by experience guides, you can climb the falls with other visitors in a human chain. This hidden treasure was made famous by Tom Cruise's movie, 'Cocktail'! [Phone:876-974-5944]. Visit my page on Dunn's River Falls here.
The largest maritime attraction in the Caribbean, this is a family fun day for all. 5) Dolphin Cove Attraction
You can interact with our amazingly friendly dolphins by choosing either a touch, swim dorsal pull or foot push program.
You can also wander the trail in the lost jungle and interact with birds, snakes, iguanas if you wish. This attraction is adjacent to the world-famous Dunn's River Falls. [Phone: 876-974-5335]. Visit my page on Dolphin Cove Attraction here.
Back To Top of Best Places To Visit In Jamaica
AND THE NEXT 6!
6) GLISTENING WATERS JAMAICA Undisputedly , the most magical water attraction in Jamaica at nights, this natural bio-luminescent wonder will blow you mind!
I wrote an extensive Q&A article. Be sure to read more and learn more about it here.
7) ROARING RIVER CAVE I had the privilege of experiencing Roaring River Cave and Attraction first hand! Yup, I did the tour with Robert, learned about the abundance of fruit trees in the garden, took the nature trail to the river head - and then the took the eerie tour of the cave - a real cave, with 6 amazing compartments! An unforgettable tour. You can even watch my video tour here .
8) RAFTING ON THE RIO GRANDE RIVER It is consistently rated by the top booking engines online as one of the best adventures in Jamaica for good reason.
Those who have been there, consistently wants to go back! Read our view of this amazing adventure here.
NEGRIL'S DAY AND SUNSET TOUR Magic, pure magic! If you hear anyone mention any three of Jamaica's attractions, chances are the famous Negril Sunset, viewed from Rick's Cafe will be one.
And this is where you get to lavish on one of the most beautiful beaches in the country. The 7 miles of beautiful white sand beaches! More on Negril Beach Here [Ricks Cafe: 876-957-0380]
10) RASTAFARI INDIGENOUS VILLAGE Located in rural St. James, I call this the cradle of Rastafarian living here.
Learn the lifestyle, traditions, beliefs and norms of one of Jamaica's biggest gift to the world!
I recently visited one of their IRITS event and loved it. You can
read more about it here.
11) WHITE RIVER RAFTING It's a fun, different, yet relaxing way to enjoy Jamaica. Float on bamboo rafts for about a mile, taking approximately 45 minutes. You'll be able to enjoy Jamaica's nature at it's best, including endemic birds and flora. Don't leave your camera! Read more about the adventure here
New! Get The Entire List Of Top Tourist Destinations In Jamaica!
Click Here hop of an see the entire list, listed alphabetically by Parish, you'll love it!
WATCH THE VIDEOS! See These Attractions IN VIDEOS!
I've created a fun YouTube Channel and is now showcasing some of these attractions live. Here is the playlist below. Just click PLAY and enjoy! VIDEO
Back To Top of Best Places To Visit In Jamaica
What's Your Favorite Jamaican Attraction or Adventure?
What's Your Favorite Jamaican Attraction or Adventure? We can't wait to hear!
Click Here And Tell Us.
Back To Top of Best Places To Visit In Jamaica Be Sure To Also Read These Pages Related To Places To Visit In Jamaica
Back to Top of Best Places To Visit in Jamaica.
Your Favourite Jamaican Attraction
Do you have a great story about your favourite Jamaican attraction or destination? Share it!
What Other Visitors Have Said
Click below to see stores from other visitors like yourself...
Not rated yet 4 Adventurous things to do in Jamaica Although, the areas you describe are wonderful, I am a devoted fan to the South Coast. Because I am not a fan of major tourist areas, here are my recommendations. …
Not rated yet Apple Valley Park, Jamaica My Trip To Apple Valley Park, by Karena BC Gayle
This article was done by my baby (9 years old) today - unedited, unadulterated.
Not rated yet Jamaica Swamp Safari Village Jamaica Swamp Safari Village is an amazing little attraction found in Falmouth, Trelawny - a place where intruders will be eaten :-)
But those who visit …
Not rated yet Mystic Mountain Adventure Jamaica Mystic Mountain Adventure Jamaica - Poem by Denise Salmon
My friends said I was being quite absurd
When I told them I was planning to …
Not rated yet Rose Hall Great House At Nights Rose Hall Great House At Nights - One word amazing! So much fun get a couple of drinks down ya in annies pub and let the fun begin, great time lots of …
Not rated yet Exploring Navy Island Navy Island in Portland.
It's an abandoned island in Port Antonio. We took the boat over and got off and got to see all types of flowers and birds …
Not rated yet Dunn's River Falls On my tenth grade year, I went with my family and some of our family friends on a cruise and one of our stops was in Jamaica.
Once we got off of …
Not rated yet Best Jamaican Jerk Stands Jamaica's unique gift to the culinary world is "jerk," a spicy seasoning-and-cooking technique that's used for chicken, pork, and fish.
The cooking … Click here to write your own.
List of cities and towns in Jamaica
Profile of Jamaica from Places to Visit in Jamaica Return to My Island Jamaica from Places to Visit in Jamaica
New! Talk To Me Was the information helpful? Something needs changing? I welcome your feedback here .
Recommended For You ...
Other Great Articles You Might Have Missed
Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-) Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media: | Facebook | Twitter | Instagram Youtube
P.S. Didn't find exactly what you were looking for? Still need help? Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.
About The Author
A patriotic Jamaican who adores his culture, Wellesley has been using this medium to share what he calls ' the uniqueness of Jamaica with the world' since April 2007. To date, he serves over 9,300 unique readers / viewers per day.
efforts have earned him featured positions in local publications,
including the Jamaica Gleaner's Hospitality Jamaica, Carlong Publishers,
as well as recognition from numerous prestigious international agencies
and universities. He invites you to join his friends list and stay updated on all the latest. You are also invited to join his exclusive patron community.
Top Of Page