with all that's new at My-Island-Jamaica, Click Here to subscribe
for my updates and don't miss a thing!
Calico Jack's Pirate Shack!
A Rare Gem Found In Negril, Jamaica
Sharing Is Caring! Share this awesome content with your friends now.
New! For Authentic Jamaican products, from my very own hands, visit my Etsy store here.
Calico jack's pirate shack in Negril Jamaica
By Wellesley Gayle
If I say 'Negril' what comes to your mind?
Well, supersize that when I mention Calico Jack's Pirate Shack!
Rated an impressive 4.5 on TripAdvisor and 4.9 of 5 on Facebook, it is for sure, Negril's finest attraction in the middle of the ocean!
Watch! See the real Jamaica in VIDEOS
Click Here to watch my latest videos on my fun YouTube channel - you'll love it!
I've been excited for this trip and couldn't wait, especially after seeing comments like these...
TripAdvisor Guest Comments
- Romantic 'out of the way' spot for a great wedding or special event!
- It is well worth it!
- A pretty cool spot!
- It is beautiful, relaxing; excellent staff!
- This was the highlight of our vacation!
- Calico Jacks was just perfect!
- Can't beat the view!
- OMG, what a find!
- Great place to watch the sun set!
- The folks here are extremely hospitable!
- An oasis!
- We had a blast!
- One of Negril's best attractions!
- With just the two of us on the boat, I felt like a celebrity being taken out to the island!
- Fun fun fun!
- Fab jerk chicken and a dip in the sea!
- Andrew the owner is extremely friendly and accommodating!
- Livingston makes the best meals!
- The sunset was glorious!
- We enjoyed been served a private lunch!
- Great Beach and bar! Great cold beers!
Well, I finally made it! It was the first stop on a fun Negril Day Trip.
My friend Cherri and JahB were exploring with their guests, Amber from DC (USA), and Edwardo from Brazil!
We embarked at the secluded Half Moon Bay Beach in Green Island, just 15 minutes drive (approximately) north of Negril's 7 Mile Beach!
- The fun boat ride
- The beautiful views
- The seclusion
- The ambiance; as pirated as it felt :-)
- The fresh Caribbean breeze and the beating of the waves on the rocks
- The delectable food (oh yeah)
- The warm hospitality of the staff
- And yes, the company,
All added together, to make this trip memorable!
Here now is a summary of my experience, in pictures & video :-)
Pictures From Calico Jack's Pirate Island
Arriving At Half Moon Bay Beach
Heading Over To The Island (The Beach & Boat Ride)
Michael Takes Cherri Into The Boat
Edwardo and Amber
Boat Ride At Half Moon Bay Beach To Calico Jack's Pirate Island
Yeah!!!!!! We Arrived
Calico Jack Pirate Island In Negril, Jamaica
Pictures From The Pirates' Shack!
There was no sign of the pirate today, thankfully, so I managed to 'capture' these shots for you!
Food, Fun & Friends
Freshly grilled fish, jerk chicken and lobster is always on the house!
And I'm not done yet, I have a video for you!!
Watch The Video! Of Calico Jack's Pirate Shack Tour
I've put together some of my best clips and pics for you here! Enjoy! And please share with someone.
Fees & Entrance Costs
Unless you are on one of the privately scheduled Catamarans, you will typically enter Calico Jack's pirate island via a boat ride with captain Michael.
The boat embarks and disembarks at the Half Moon Bay Beach.
There is no cost to get on the island, just the entry fee to the Half Moon Bay Beach and the boat ride, which is $5USD each.
I Should Tell You!
- Food and refreshments are on sale on the island.
- Be sure to bring cash to the pirate island. Remember it is secluded so there are no telecommunication amenities there.
- Yes, there is a bathroom, just in case. The pirates my not be that inconsiderate after all :-)
- The attraction has its basis in the true story of a Jack Rackham (aka Calico Jack), a pirate who used the Negril area as his playground. He was captured there in 1720.
Read more on this in the history of Negril.
- As I indicated above, you enter via the Half Moon Beach.
- Both properties are owned and managed by Andrew Marr and his family, descendants of the owners of the Abington Estate.
- The Half Moon Bay Beach Also have seven (7) cabins for rent, right there on the reef, and yes, they are highly secure.
- The Abington Estate Great House is also an attraction for the Marr family.
- Calico Jack's pirate island has been welcoming visitors since 2015!
Look Forward To...
Oh yes! The 4th annual Calico Jack's Annual Pirate Ball! Mark your calendar; it is scheduled for Tuesday, February 18, 2020!
Planning On Visiting A Calico Jack's Pirate Shack?
To experience the fun and suspense of Calico Jack's Private Island, I suggest you arrange with a local guide (if you are a visitor).
You can find my recommendation at this link.
Directions To Calico Jack's Pirate Island
Looking for directions? Here is a guide, courtesy of Google Maps.
Below is the contact information for both the Half Moon Bay Beach and Calico Jack's Pirate Shack.
Be sure to ask for Andrew when you get there!
Tell him I sent you :-)
Half Moon Bay Beach & Calico Jack Pirate's Bar
Address: Green Island, Hanover Jamaica
Phone: 876-815-7294, 876-809-6041 & 876-531-4508
As usual, I welcome your comments (link below)
Back to top of Calico Jack's Pirate Shack
Return to Places To Visit In Jamaica from Calico Jack's Pirate Shack
Return to My Island Jamaica from Calico Jack's Pirate Island
Pages Related To Calico Jack's Pirate Island In Negril Jamaica
If you found this page useful, please consider subscribing to my weekly newsletter, My Island Jamaica Digest here. It tells you each week about the new information that I have added, including new developments and great stories from lovers of Jamaica!
Back To The Top Of This Page
New! Talk To Me
Was the information helpful? Something needs changing? I welcome your feedback here.
Recommended For You ...
Other Great Articles You Might Have Missed
Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
P.S. Didn't find exactly what you were looking for? Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.
Back To The Top Of This Page
About The Author
A patriotic Jamaican who adore its culture, Wellesley has been using this medium to share what he calls 'the uniqueness of Jamaica with the world' since April 2007.
To date, he serves over 9,300 unique readers / viewers per day.
efforts have earned this site featured positions in local publications,
including the Jamaica Gleaner's Hospitality Jamaica, Carlong Publishers,
as well as recognition from numerous prestigious international agencies
and universities. Read more about him here.
He invites you to subscribe to this site to stay updated on all the latest and check out his unique Jamaican products on his Etsy store.
You are also invited to join his exclusive JAMHearts community where like-minded Jamaican enthusiasts discuss all things Jamaican.