Simple & Easy
Jamaican Chicken Recipes
Drum Pani Jerk Chicken
Jamaican Chicken Recipes - by Rosemarie Gordon
Chicken is the main stay of most Jamaican dishes, chicken is even more popular than the National Dish (Ackee and Saltfish).
My guess is because of the many ways you are able to prepare it, and in addition, chicken is still one of the easiest meats
Jump To The Recipes
There is no way you can spoil a chicken dish, yes not even you :-).
Its flexibility makes the number of its recipes endless.
In fact, there are some households in Jamaica that chicken is prepared almost every day whether it’s;
Since time or space will not allow me to share all the known Jamaican chicken recipes, here are the recipes for two of my personal favorite:
Two Popular Jamaican Chicken Recipes
BROWN STEW CHICKEN
- 1 small chicken
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- A dash of black pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves garlic (or as much as you can handle)
- 3 stalks scallion
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 medium tomatoes
- ½ cup cooking oil of your choice
- About 5 sprigs of thyme preferably dried
- 1 tablespoon browning (or molasses)
- 3 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 small scotch bonnet pepper
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 medium Irish potatoes
- 2 cups water
Now, I am not a fan of having the skin on the chicken, but if you are that’s fine.
- So we start by removing the skin/or
not and washing the chicken.
- On your second wash I recommend that you use some lime juice or vinegar to tenderize the flesh
and of course give a better wash.
- Chop chicken in small portion add salt, black pepper, soy sauce, browning or molasses.
- Chop garlic, onion, scallion, thyme, tomatoes and pepper (please try and avoid including the seed, unless you would love to see flames coming through your ears).
- In a hot skillet or dutch pot add the oil.
- As soon as it is hot enough place meat and allow to brown.
- When both sides are done add all the remaining ingredients with a cup of water
- Cover and allowed to simmer until cooked.
This is enough for about seven people and can be served with whatever you want, bread, a plate of dumplings, yams and green
bananas or rice. The choice is yours, enjoy!
JAMAICAN CURRIED CHICKEN
The only difference with preparing Jamaican curried chicken, as oppose to Jamaican brown stew (above), is the addition and removal of a few items;
- The addition of 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 pack coconut milk
- Removal of the browning or molasses and the soy sauce
- You can either put the curry directly on the meat or burn it by adding it to a hot skillet with cooking oil.
- Add remaining ingredient cover and allowed to simmer until cooked.
This can also be had with whatever your taste buds desire, but, try it with some white rice or boiled dumplings (included in the pic here). I am sure you will like it.
More: Free Jamaican Recipes here
Pages Related To Jamaican Chicken Recipes
Return to Jamaican Food from Easy Jamaican Chicken Recipes
Return to HomePage from Jamaican Chicken Recipes.
Make sure you subscribe to my free monthly e-zine My Island Jamaica
Digest (MIJD) and stay with the latest from Jamaica!
Recommended For You ...
P.S. Didn't find exactly what you were looking for? Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool, It works!
Or, simply click here to ask me the question. I'll do my best to get back to you within 24 hours!
And, Before You Go!
Here (below) are some sweet deals on great Jamaican products at Amazon that you might have otherwise missed.
Amazon.com, by the way, is the internet's most reputable retailer and usually showcases only the best products from their inventory.
As an ardent customer and affiliate I earn a small commission from your purchase, at no extra cost to you. So thanks in advance.
Note: If link does not show, please click here to be redirected to our page at Amazon.com.
Great Articles You Might Have Missed
Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
Ready To Vacation?
Please Book With Us...
Was the information helpful to you?
Here is a great way to support our effort.
All you need to do is book your vacation via the reputable HotelsCombined.com search box below.
It can be for travel to Jamaica or anywhere else on earth.
They combine the best deals from across all major booking sites and shows you only the very best!
Not quite ready to book? Start by searching (below) to get some amazing ideas now.
You are also welcome to join my special friends list and receive exclusive updates (like this), tips, trivia and stories from lovers of Jamaica! Just enter...
Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
Top Of Page