Simple & Easy
Jamaican Chicken Recipes
Sharing Is Caring! Share this awesome content with your friends now.
New! See the real Jamaica in VIDEOS!
Click Here and see why over 140,000 fans are raving about my YouTube Channel!
Drum Pani Jerk Chicken
Jamaican Chicken Recipes - by Rosemarie Gordon
Chicken is the main stay of most Jamaican dishes, chicken is even more popular than the National Dish (Ackee and Saltfish).
My guess is because of the many ways you are able to prepare it, and in addition, chicken is still one of the easiest meats
Jump To The Recipes
New! Ready To Visit Jamaica?
Join countless of travelers who have already unlocked the secrets to experiencing Jamaica on a budget. Click Here and find out how.
And, if you ever need a trustworthy, friendly and knowledgeable local guide, consider booking a private tour with us!
There is no way you can spoil a chicken dish, yes not even you :-).
Its flexibility makes the number of its recipes endless.
In fact, there are some households in Jamaica that chicken is prepared almost every day whether it’s;
Since time or space will not allow me to share all the known Jamaican chicken recipes, here are the recipes for two of my personal favorite:
Two Popular Jamaican Chicken Recipes
BROWN STEW CHICKEN
- 1 small chicken
- 2 tablespoon lime juice
- 1 teaspoon salt
- A dash of black pepper
- 1 medium onion
- 3 cloves garlic (or as much as you can handle)
- 3 stalks scallion
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 2 medium tomatoes
- ½ cup cooking oil of your choice
- About 5 sprigs of thyme preferably dried
- 1 tablespoon browning (or molasses)
- 3 tablespoons soya sauce
- 1 small scotch bonnet pepper
- 2 medium carrots
- 2 medium Irish potatoes
- 2 cups water
Now, I am not a fan of having the skin on the chicken, but if you are that’s fine.
- So we start by removing the skin/or
not and washing the chicken.
- On your second wash I recommend that you use some lime juice or vinegar to tenderize the flesh
and of course give a better wash.
- Chop chicken in small portion add salt, black pepper, soy sauce, browning or molasses.
- Chop garlic, onion, scallion, thyme, tomatoes and pepper (please try and avoid including the seed, unless you would love to see flames coming through your ears).
- In a hot skillet or dutch pot add the oil.
- As soon as it is hot enough place meat and allow to brown.
- When both sides are done add all the remaining ingredients with a cup of water
- Cover and allowed to simmer until cooked.
This is enough for about seven people and can be served with whatever you want, bread, a plate of dumplings, yams and green
bananas or rice. The choice is yours, enjoy!
JAMAICAN CURRIED CHICKEN
The only difference with preparing Jamaican curried chicken, as oppose to Jamaican brown stew (above), is the addition and removal of a few items;
- The addition of 2 tablespoons curry powder
- 1 pack coconut milk
- Removal of the browning or molasses and the soy sauce
- You can either put the curry directly on the meat or burn it by adding it to a hot skillet with cooking oil.
- Add remaining ingredient cover and allowed to simmer until cooked.
This can also be had with whatever your taste buds desire, but, try it with some white rice or boiled dumplings (included in the pic here). I am sure you will like it.
More: Free Jamaican Recipes here
Pages Related To Jamaican Chicken Recipes
Return to Jamaican Food from Easy Jamaican Chicken Recipes
Return to HomePage from Jamaican Chicken Recipes.
Make sure you subscribe to my free monthly e-zine My Island Jamaica
Digest (MIJD) and stay with the latest from Jamaica!
Back To The Top Of This Page
New! Get My Latest Book👇🏿
You asked, I've answered! You no longer need to save for months or years, to enjoy paradise!
JAMAICA On A Budget is your passport to experiencing what I call 'The Real Jamaica' on a budget!
I spilled the beans! sharing my top tips on finding cozy accommodations and secret gems, only the way a native could! Click Here to pick it up on my e-store and start saving now!
See The Best Of Jamaica - In Videos!
My channel reaches over 140,000 subscribers worldwide and has leveraged over 11 million views, sharing, what I call 'The Real Jamaica'. Subscribe today and join our family of viewers.
P.S. Didn't find what you were looking for?
Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.