Jamaican Curry Chicken Recipe
Sharing Is Caring! Share this awesome content with your friends now.
New! See the real Jamaica in VIDEOS!
Click Here and see why over 140,000 fans are raving about my YouTube Channel!
Jamaican Curry Chicken Recipe by Kemoy McCurbyn
Curried is one of the many ways that we Jamaicans love to prepare our
chicken, and for me personally I love curried chicken with
steamed white rice!
New! Ready To Visit Jamaica?
Join countless of travelers who have already unlocked the secrets to experiencing Jamaica on a budget. Click Here and find out how.
And, if you ever need a trustworthy, friendly and knowledgeable local guide, consider booking a private tour with us!
Curried Chicken, when properly done, has a lot of flavor & spices and can be tasted right down to the bones!
This method I am about to share with you with make any mouth dribble, and in fact, during cooking, may be smell all the spices from a mile away!
Below is the recipe I hope you will follow it and make a tasty meal for yourself or your family.
Authentic Home Styled Jamaican Curry Chicken Recipe
Photo from Flickr
PREPARATION TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 1 HOUR
- 1 – 2lbs chicken mixed parts
- 2 large Irish potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large onion
- 1 small scotch bonnet pepper or hot pepper
- 4 tbsp chicken seasoning
- 2 tbsp all-purpose seasoning
- 4 tbsp curry powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- Set 2 cups of water to boil
- Clean and wash chicken thoroughly.
- Cut each piece of meat into bite sized pieces.
- Peel and dice potatoes and add to the chicken.
- Chop pepper, onion and garlic and add to the chicken.
- Add chicken seasoning, all purpose seasoning, salt, black pepper and 3 ½ tbs of the curry powder to the chicken and stir with spoon.
- Set aside for 20 minutes to ½ hour, or if you prefer u can let the chicken marinate overnight.
- Place oil in pot (do not use a frying pan or sauce pan) and add the remainder of the curry powder in the oil to heat.
- When oil is hot add the seasoned chicken, stir occasionally for a few minutes.
- Carefully add the 2 cups of boiling water to the pot and let the chicken simmer on low flame for the next hour, remember to stir occasionally.
You can now serve your Jamaican style curried chicken with some steamed rice, dumplings or any of your preferred side dishes. Enjoy!
Pages Related To Jamaican Curry Chicken
Return to Jamaican Chicken Recipes from Jamaican Curried Chicken Recipe
Return to My Island Jamaica Homepage from Jamaican Curry Chicken Recipe
Back To The Top Of This Page
New! Get My Latest Book👇🏿
You asked, I've answered! You no longer need to save for months or years, to enjoy paradise!
JAMAICA On A Budget is your passport to experiencing what I call 'The Real Jamaica' on a budget!
I spilled the beans! sharing my top tips on finding cozy accommodations and secret gems, only the way a native could! Click Here to pick it up on my e-store and start saving now!
See The Best Of Jamaica - In Videos!
My channel reaches over 140,000 subscribers worldwide and has leveraged over 11 million views, sharing, what I call 'The Real Jamaica'. Subscribe today and join our family of viewers.
P.S. Didn't find what you were looking for?
Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.