Jamaican Curry Chicken Recipe
Jamaican Curry Chicken Recipe by Kemoy McCurbyn
Curried is one of the many ways that we Jamaicans love to prepare our
chicken, and for me personally I love curried chicken with
steamed white rice!
New! Click here to read my top- tier list of recommended products and services.
Curried Chicken, when properly done, has a lot of flavor &
spices and can be tasted right down to the bones!
This method I
am about to share with you with make any mouth dribble, and in fact, during cooking, may be smell
all the spices from a mile away!
Below is the recipe I hope you will follow it and make a tasty meal for yourself or your family.
Authentic Home-Style Jamaican Curried Chicken
PREPARATION TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 1 HOUR
• 1 – 2lbs chicken mixed parts
• 2 large Irish potatoes
• 2 cloves garlic
• 1 large onion
• 1 small scotch bonnet pepper or hot pepper
• 4 tbsp chicken seasoning
• 2 tbsp all-purpose seasoning
• 4 tbsp curry powder
• ½ tsp black pepper
• ½ tsp salt
• 3 tbsp cooking oil
• Set 2 cups of water to boil
• Clean and wash chicken thoroughly.
• Cut each piece of meat into bite sized pieces.
• Peel and dice potatoes and add to the chicken.
• Chop pepper, onion and garlic and add to the chicken.
• Add chicken seasoning, all purpose seasoning, salt, black pepper and 3 ½ tbs of the curry powder to the chicken and stir with spoon.
Photo from Flickr by
• Set aside for 20 minutes to ½ hour, or if you prefer u can let the chicken marinate overnight.
• Place oil in pot (do not use a frying pan or sauce pan) and add the remainder of the curry powder in the oil to heat.
• When oil is hot add the seasoned chicken, stir occasionally for a few minutes.
Carefully add the 2 cups of boiling water to the pot and let the
chicken simmer on low flame for the next hour, remember to stir
You can now serve your Jamaican style curried chicken with some steamed rice, dumplings or any of your preferred side dishes.
Return to Jamaican Chicken Recipes from Jamaican Curried Chicken Recipe
Return to My Island Jamaica Homepage from Jamaican Curry Chicken Recipe
Recommended For You ...
And, Before You Go!
Here (below) are some sweet deals on matching products at Amazon that you might have otherwise missed.
Amazon.com, by the way, is the internet's most reputable retailer and usually showcases only the best products that are related to your search. Be sure to check them out.
Note: If link does not show, please click here to be redirected to our page at Amazon.com.
Great Articles You Might Have Missed
Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
P.S. Didn't find exactly what you were looking for? Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.
Top Of Page
About The Author
A patriotic Jamaican who adores his culture, Wellesley has been using this medium to share what he calls 'the uniqueness of Jamaica with the world' - since April 2007.
To date, he serves over 8,300 unique readers / viewers per day.
His efforts have earned him featured positions in local publications, including the Jamaica Gleaner's Hospitality Jamaica, Carlong Publishers, as well as recognition from numerous prestigious international agencies and universities.
He invites you to join his friends list and stay updated on all the latest. You are also invited to join his exclusive patron community.