with all that's new at My-Island-Jamaica, Click Here to subscribe
for my updates and don't miss a thing!
Jamaican Curry Chicken Recipe
Sharing Is Caring! Share this awesome content with your friends now.
New! For Authentic Jamaican products, from my very own hands, visit my Etsy store here.
Jamaican Curry Chicken Recipe by Kemoy McCurbyn
Curried is one of the many ways that we Jamaicans love to prepare our
chicken, and for me personally I love curried chicken with
steamed white rice!
Watch! See the real Jamaica in VIDEOS
Click Here to watch my latest videos on my fun YouTube channel - you'll love it!
Curried Chicken, when properly done, has a lot of flavor & spices and can be tasted right down to the bones!
This method I am about to share with you with make any mouth dribble, and in fact, during cooking, may be smell all the spices from a mile away!
Below is the recipe I hope you will follow it and make a tasty meal for yourself or your family.
Authentic Home Styled Jamaican Curry Chicken Recipe
Photo from Flickr
PREPARATION TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 1 HOUR
- 1 – 2lbs chicken mixed parts
- 2 large Irish potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large onion
- 1 small scotch bonnet pepper or hot pepper
- 4 tbsp chicken seasoning
- 2 tbsp all-purpose seasoning
- 4 tbsp curry powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- Set 2 cups of water to boil
- Clean and wash chicken thoroughly.
- Cut each piece of meat into bite sized pieces.
- Peel and dice potatoes and add to the chicken.
- Chop pepper, onion and garlic and add to the chicken.
- Add chicken seasoning, all purpose seasoning, salt, black pepper and 3 ½ tbs of the curry powder to the chicken and stir with spoon.
- Set aside for 20 minutes to ½ hour, or if you prefer u can let the chicken marinate overnight.
- Place oil in pot (do not use a frying pan or sauce pan) and add the remainder of the curry powder in the oil to heat.
- When oil is hot add the seasoned chicken, stir occasionally for a few minutes.
- Carefully add the 2 cups of boiling water to the pot and let the chicken simmer on low flame for the next hour, remember to stir occasionally.
You can now serve your Jamaican style curried chicken with some steamed rice, dumplings or any of your preferred side dishes. Enjoy!
Pages Related To Jamaican Curry Chicken
Return to Jamaican Chicken Recipes from Jamaican Curried Chicken Recipe
Return to My Island Jamaica Homepage from Jamaican Curry Chicken Recipe
Sharing IS Caring... Its now YOUR turn to...
If you found this page useful, please consider subscribing to my weekly newsletter, My Island Jamaica Digest here.
Back To The Top Of This Page
It tells you each week about the new information that I have added, including new developments and great stories from lovers of Jamaica!
New! Talk To Me
Was the information helpful? Something needs changing? I welcome your feedback here.
Recommended For You ...
Other Great Articles You Might Have Missed
Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
P.S. Didn't find what you were looking for? Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.
Back To The Top Of This Page
About The Author
A patriotic Jamaican who adore its culture, Wellesley has been using this medium to share what he calls 'the uniqueness of Jamaica with the world' since April 2007.
To date, he serves over 9,300 unique readers / viewers per day.
efforts have earned this site featured positions in local publications,
including the Jamaica Gleaner's Hospitality Jamaica, Carlong Publishers,
as well as recognition from numerous prestigious international agencies
and universities. Read more about him here.
He invites you to subscribe to this site to stay updated on all the latest and check out his unique Jamaican products on his Etsy store.
If you are on social media, here are the links to follow his latest posts
You are also invited to join his exclusive JAMHearts community where like-minded Jamaican enthusiasts discuss all things Jamaican.