with all that's new at My-Island-Jamaica, Click Here to subscribe
for my updates and don't miss a thing!
Sharing Is Caring! Share this awesome content with your friends now.
Jamaican Curry Chicken Recipe
Watch! See the real Jamaica in VIDEOS!
Click Here and see why over 60,000 fans are raving about my YouTube Channel!
Jamaican Curry Chicken Recipe by Kemoy McCurbyn
Curried is one of the many ways that we Jamaicans love to prepare our
chicken, and for me personally I love curried chicken with
steamed white rice!
Curried Chicken, when properly done, has a lot of flavor & spices and can be tasted right down to the bones!
This method I am about to share with you with make any mouth dribble, and in fact, during cooking, may be smell all the spices from a mile away!
Below is the recipe I hope you will follow it and make a tasty meal for yourself or your family.
Authentic Home Styled Jamaican Curry Chicken Recipe
Photo from Flickr
PREPARATION TIME: 15 MINUTES
COOK TIME: 1 HOUR
- 1 – 2lbs chicken mixed parts
- 2 large Irish potatoes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 large onion
- 1 small scotch bonnet pepper or hot pepper
- 4 tbsp chicken seasoning
- 2 tbsp all-purpose seasoning
- 4 tbsp curry powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- ½ tsp salt
- 3 tbsp cooking oil
- Set 2 cups of water to boil
- Clean and wash chicken thoroughly.
- Cut each piece of meat into bite sized pieces.
- Peel and dice potatoes and add to the chicken.
- Chop pepper, onion and garlic and add to the chicken.
- Add chicken seasoning, all purpose seasoning, salt, black pepper and 3 ½ tbs of the curry powder to the chicken and stir with spoon.
- Set aside for 20 minutes to ½ hour, or if you prefer u can let the chicken marinate overnight.
- Place oil in pot (do not use a frying pan or sauce pan) and add the remainder of the curry powder in the oil to heat.
- When oil is hot add the seasoned chicken, stir occasionally for a few minutes.
- Carefully add the 2 cups of boiling water to the pot and let the chicken simmer on low flame for the next hour, remember to stir occasionally.
You can now serve your Jamaican style curried chicken with some steamed rice, dumplings or any of your preferred side dishes. Enjoy!
Pages Related To Jamaican Curry Chicken
Return to Jamaican Chicken Recipes from Jamaican Curried Chicken Recipe
Return to My Island Jamaica Homepage from Jamaican Curry Chicken Recipe
Other Great Articles You Might Have Missed
P.S. Didn't find what you were looking for?
Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.