Top Montego Bay Attractions,
Beaches and Places To Visit
Sharing Is Caring! Share this awesome content with your friends now.
New! See the real Jamaica in VIDEOS!
Click Here and see why over 140,000 fans are raving about my YouTube Channel!
Top Montego Bay Attractions
by Rose-Marie Gordon-Cole
For as long as I can remember Montego Bay has been the “tourist capital” of Jamaica.
Picturesque low mountains to the south and the aqua blue Caribbean sea to the north is the perfect positioning of Jamaica’s second city.
New! Ready To Visit Jamaica?
Join countless of travelers who have already unlocked the secrets to experiencing Jamaica on a budget. Click Here and find out how.
And, if you ever need a trustworthy, friendly and knowledgeable local guide, consider booking a private tour with us!
If you are looking at Montego Bay attractions or for Montego Bay as your next holiday spot, here is an idea of some of its offerings:
- A throbbing metropolis, boasting both a cruise ship pier and an international airport,
- accommodation from just providing a bed to super-all inclusive service
- conference and sport facilities
- superb shopping
- Cultural experience which includes the city tour - from sam sharpe square to the civic center and the dome.
- World class golfing
- World class entertainment
- Lots and lots of sun, sea and sand
- And most importantly warm friendly people
With its diverse offerings, relaxed and laid back atmosphere, without hesitation Montego Bay is the perfect holiday getaway.
The New Dome In Montego Bay
Places to stay?
We are a lot, I mean a lot! Ask me though and I'll share with you recommendation. Click here to learn about the best places to stay in Montego Bay.
Fun Things To Do:
If your mood calls for basking on the beach, my top choices are;
- Aqua Sol Theme Park - beach facilities, tennis, roller skating, go cars, fitness center, restaurant and bar 1 (876)
- (ceased operation) Cornwall Beach – beach facilities, water sports, restaurant and bar – 1(876) 979-3447
- Doctor’s Cave Beach – beach facilities,water sports, restaurant and bar – 1(876) 979 0104
All of these beautiful beaches can be found on Gloucester Avenue aka "Hip Strip". Note that the Hip Strip, formerly called the Gloucester Avenue was renamed, the Jimmy Cliff Boulevard on May 28, 2019
The Hip Strip is the street that never sleeps, always pulsating, and provides a mixture of restaurants, bars, nightclubs and shopping opportunities.
Coral Cliff Gaming Lounge
The new Coral Cliff gaming lounge has just stepped the offerings up a notch!
Want a change of pace, "no problem mon"!
...My recommendation would be to try any of the following:
- Zipline/canopy tour – Montego Bay features the longest zipline in the Caribbean. Over 1,600 feet above the ground. It’s
like flying with the birds. Really an awesome experience (I can attest to that).
- ATV off road adventure – this tour takes you in the rural mountainous outskirts of the city, through farming communities,
and end with a taste of some Jamaica jerk chicken and a very cold red stripe beer.
- Water sports – offered by most hotels or public beaches
- Parasailing in Montego Bay
This is just a tip of the iceberg as the list is endless
At the end of all that excitement a relaxing evening would be in order, or not. Whatever the case may be, I am sure you will
be able to find something to suite your personality and mood on the "Hip Strip".
If your choice of accommodation is all inclusive, then your evening would have already been planned.
If not here are some restaurants to choose from:
- The Pelican – 1(876) 952-3171
- The Houseboat Grill -
- Twisted Kilt – 1(876) 952-9488
- The Native – 1(876) 979-2769
- Pier one on the waterfront – 1(876) 952-2452
- Scotchies, world famous jerk pork and chicken – 1(876) 952-3301
- The HouseBoat Grill- Southern Cross Blvd, Jamaica / 1 (876) 979-8845
- See the full list of Montego Bay's Top Restaurants here
See also: Restuarants in Jamaica
And after dinner you might want to kick up your heels for a minute or until the next morning, this you can do at:
- Marguritaville – 1(876) 952-9609
- Blue Beat (a must visit if you are into jazz/latin music) - 1(876) 952-4777
- Pier one on the waterfront – 1(876) 952-2452
Transportation in and around town is never a problem as the taxis operates round the clock.
Now go out and enjoy!
Montego Bay Car Dealers
What is in Rose Hall Jamaica
Pages Related To Montego Bay Attractions
Return to Places to Visit in Jamaica from Montego Bay Attractions Jamaica.
Return to HomePage from Montego Bay Attractions.
Make sure you subscribe to my free monthly e-zine My Island Jamaica
Digest (MIJD) and stay with the latest from Jamaica!
Updated: February 16, 2017
Originally Posted: 05/21/2011
Back To The Top Of This Page
New! Get My Latest Book👇🏿
You asked, I've answered! You no longer need to save for months or years, to enjoy paradise!
JAMAICA On A Budget is your passport to experiencing what I call 'The Real Jamaica' on a budget!
I spilled the beans! sharing my top tips on finding cozy accommodations and secret gems, only the way a native could! Click Here to pick it up on my e-store and start saving now!
See The Best Of Jamaica - In Videos!
My channel reaches over 140,000 subscribers worldwide and has leveraged over 11 million views, sharing, what I call 'The Real Jamaica'. Subscribe today and join our family of viewers.
P.S. Didn't find what you were looking for?
Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.