Top Montego Bay Attractions,
Beaches and Places To Visit
Top Montego Bay Attractions
by Rose-Marie Gordon-Cole
For as long as I can remember Montego Bay has been the “tourist capital” of Jamaica.
Picturesque low mountains to the south and the aqua blue Caribbean sea to the north is the perfect positioning of Jamaica’s second city.
If you are looking at Montego Bay attractions or for Montego Bay as your next holiday spot, here is an idea of some of its offerings:
- A throbbing metropolis, boasting both a cruise ship pier and an international airport,
- accommodation from just providing a bed to super-all inclusive service
- conference and sport facilities
- superb shopping
- Cultural experience which includes the city tour - from sam sharpe square to the civic center and the dome.
- World class golfing
- World class entertainment
- Lots and lots of sun, sea and sand
- And most importantly warm friendly people
With its diverse offerings, relaxed and laid back atmosphere, without hesitation Montego Bay is the perfect holiday getaway.
Places to stay?
We are a lot, I mean a lot! Ask me though and I'll share with you recommendation. Click here to learn about them.
Fun Things To Do:
If your mood calls for basking on the beach, my top choices are;
- Aqua Sol Theme Park - beach facilities, tennis, roller skating, go cars, fitness center, restaurant and bar 1 (876)
- (ceased operation) Cornwall Beach – beach facilities, water sports, restaurant and bar – 1(876) 979-3447
- Doctor’s Cave Beach – beach facilities,water sports, restaurant and bar – 1(876) 979 0104
All of these beautiful beaches can be found on Gloucester Avenue aka "Hip Strip".
The Hip Strip is the street that never sleeps, always pulsating, and provides a mixture of restaurants, bars, nightclubs and shopping opportunities.
Want a change of pace, "no problem mon"!
...My recommendation would be to try any of the following:
- Zipline/canopy tour – Montego Bay features the longest zipline in the Caribbean. Over 1,600 feet above the ground. It’s
like flying with the birds. Really an awesome experience (I can attest to that).
- ATV off road adventure – this tour takes you in the rural mountainous outskirts of the city, through farming communities,
and end with a taste of some Jamaica jerk chicken and a very cold red stripe beer.
- Water sports – offered by most hotels or public beaches
This is just a tip of the iceberg as the list is endless
At the end of all that excitement a relaxing evening would be in order, or not. Whatever the case may be, I am sure you will
be able to find something to suite your personality and mood on the "Hip Strip".
If your choice of accommodation is all inclusive, then your evening would have already been planned.
If not here are some restaurants to choose from:
- The Pelican – 1(876) 952-3171
- The Houseboat Grill -
- Twisted Kilt – 1(876) 952-9488
- The Native – 1(876) 979-2769
- Pier one on the waterfront – 1(876) 952-2452
- Scotchies, world famous jerk pork and chicken – 1(876) 952-3301
- The HouseBoat Grill- Southern Cross Blvd, Jamaica / 1 (876) 979-8845
- See the full list of Montego Bay's Top Restaurants here
See also: Restuarants in Jamaica
And after dinner you might want to kick up your heels for a minute or until the next morning, this you can do at:
- Marguritaville – 1(876) 952-9609
- Blue Beat (a must visit if you are into jazz/latin music) - 1(876) 952-4777
- Pier one on the waterfront – 1(876) 952-2452
Transportation in and around town is never a problem as the taxis operates round the clock.
Now go out and enjoy!
See Also: Montego Bay Car Dealers
Updated:February 16, 2017
Originally Posted: 05/21/2011
Pages Related To Montego Bay Attractions
Return to Places to Visit in Jamaica from Montego Bay Attractions Jamaica.
Return to HomePage from Montego Bay Attractions.
Make sure you subscribe to my free monthly e-zine My Island Jamaica
Digest (MIJD) and stay with the latest from Jamaica!
Recommended For You ...
P.S. Didn't find exactly what you were looking for? Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool, It works!
Or, simply click here to ask me the question. I'll do my best to get back to you within 24 hours!
And, Before You Go!
Here (below) are some sweet deals on great Jamaican products at Amazon that you might have otherwise missed.
Amazon.com, by the way, is the internet's most reputable retailer and usually showcases only the best products from their inventory.
As an ardent customer and affiliate I earn a small commission from your purchase, at no extra cost to you. So thanks in advance.
Note: If link does not show, please click here to be redirected to our page at Amazon.com.
Great Articles You Might Have Missed
Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
Ready To Vacation?
Please Book With Us...
Was the information helpful to you?
Here is a great way to support our effort.
All you need to do is book your vacation via the reputable HotelsCombined.com search box below.
It can be for travel to Jamaica or anywhere else on earth.
They combine the best deals from across all major booking sites and shows you only the very best!
Not quite ready to book? Start by searching (below) to get some amazing ideas now.
You are also welcome to join my special friends list and receive exclusive updates (like this), tips, trivia and stories from lovers of Jamaica! Just enter...
Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
Top Of Page