Top Montego Bay Attractions,
Beaches and Places To Visit
Top Montego Bay Attractions
by Rose-Marie Gordon-Cole
For as long as I can remember Montego Bay has been the “tourist capital” of Jamaica.
Picturesque low mountains to the south and the aqua blue Caribbean sea to the north is the perfect positioning of Jamaica’s second city.
If you are looking at Montego Bay attractions or for Montego Bay as your next holiday spot, here is an idea of some of its offerings:
- A throbbing metropolis, boasting both a cruise ship pier and an international airport,
- accommodation from just providing a bed to super-all inclusive service
- conference and sport facilities
- superb shopping
- Cultural experience which includes the city tour - from sam sharpe square to the civic center and the dome.
- World class golfing
- World class entertainment
- Lots and lots of sun, sea and sand
- And most importantly warm friendly people
With its diverse offerings, relaxed and laid back atmosphere, without hesitation Montego Bay is the perfect holiday getaway.
The New Dome In Montego Bay
Places to stay?
We are a lot, I mean a lot! Ask me though and I'll share with you recommendation. Click here to learn about the best places to stay in Montego Bay.
Fun Things To Do:
If your mood calls for basking on the beach, my top choices are;
- Aqua Sol Theme Park - beach facilities, tennis, roller skating, go cars, fitness center, restaurant and bar 1 (876)
- (ceased operation) Cornwall Beach – beach facilities, water sports, restaurant and bar – 1(876) 979-3447
- Doctor’s Cave Beach – beach facilities,water sports, restaurant and bar – 1(876) 979 0104
All of these beautiful beaches can be found on Gloucester Avenue aka "Hip Strip". Note that the Hip Strip, formerly called the Gloucester Avenue was renamed, the Jimmy Cliff Boulevard on May 28, 2019
The Hip Strip is the street that never sleeps, always pulsating, and provides a mixture of restaurants, bars, nightclubs and shopping opportunities.
Coral Cliff Gaming Lounge
The new Coral Cliff gaming lounge has just stepped the offerings up a notch!
Want a change of pace, "no problem mon"!
...My recommendation would be to try any of the following:
- Zipline/canopy tour – Montego Bay features the longest zipline in the Caribbean. Over 1,600 feet above the ground. It’s
like flying with the birds. Really an awesome experience (I can attest to that).
- ATV off road adventure – this tour takes you in the rural mountainous outskirts of the city, through farming communities,
and end with a taste of some Jamaica jerk chicken and a very cold red stripe beer.
- Water sports – offered by most hotels or public beaches
This is just a tip of the iceberg as the list is endless
At the end of all that excitement a relaxing evening would be in order, or not. Whatever the case may be, I am sure you will
be able to find something to suite your personality and mood on the "Hip Strip".
If your choice of accommodation is all inclusive, then your evening would have already been planned.
If not here are some restaurants to choose from:
- The Pelican – 1(876) 952-3171
- The Houseboat Grill -
- Twisted Kilt – 1(876) 952-9488
- The Native – 1(876) 979-2769
- Pier one on the waterfront – 1(876) 952-2452
- Scotchies, world famous jerk pork and chicken – 1(876) 952-3301
- The HouseBoat Grill- Southern Cross Blvd, Jamaica / 1 (876) 979-8845
- See the full list of Montego Bay's Top Restaurants here
See also: Restuarants in Jamaica
And after dinner you might want to kick up your heels for a minute or until the next morning, this you can do at:
- Marguritaville – 1(876) 952-9609
- Blue Beat (a must visit if you are into jazz/latin music) - 1(876) 952-4777
- Pier one on the waterfront – 1(876) 952-2452
Transportation in and around town is never a problem as the taxis operates round the clock.
Now go out and enjoy!
See Also: Montego Bay Car Dealers
Updated:February 16, 2017
Originally Posted: 05/21/2011
Pages Related To Montego Bay Attractions
Return to Places to Visit in Jamaica from Montego Bay Attractions Jamaica.
Return to HomePage from Montego Bay Attractions.
Make sure you subscribe to my free monthly e-zine My Island Jamaica
Digest (MIJD) and stay with the latest from Jamaica!
Recommended For You ...
And, Before You Go!
Here (below) are some sweet deals on matching products at Amazon that you might have otherwise missed.
Amazon.com, by the way, is the internet's most reputable retailer and usually showcases only the best products that are related to your search. Be sure to check them out.
Note: If link does not show, please click here to be redirected to our page at Amazon.com.
Great Articles You Might Have Missed
Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
P.S. Didn't find exactly what you were looking for? Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.
Top Of Page
About The Author
A patriotic Jamaican who adores his culture, Wellesley has been using this medium to share what he calls 'the uniqueness of Jamaica with the world' - since April 2007.
To date, he serves over 8,300 unique readers / viewers per day.
His efforts have earned him featured positions in local publications, including the Jamaica Gleaner's Hospitality Jamaica, Carlong Publishers, as well as recognition from numerous prestigious international agencies and universities.
He invites you to join his friends list and stay updated on all the latest. You are also invited to join his exclusive patron community.