with all that's new at My-Island-Jamaica, Click Here to subscribe
for my updates and don't miss a thing!
Blue Hole Mineral Spring - Near Negril, Jamaica
by Matt Lamoureux
Blue Hole Mineral Spring in Jamaica
The 'must visit' Blue Hole Mineral Spring near Negril, Westmoreland, Jamaica!
New! Click Here for our review of Blue Hole Mineral Spring, including their contact information.
I have never been there as yet, but it's certainly on my agenda for my next circling of Negril! My online friend, Matt, is the owner.
(Looking to meet you there too Matt)
According to their website, the "Blue Hole Mineral Spring sits beneath a cavernous opening in Jamaica’s terrain and is completely encased by Karst limestone. The naturally occurring minerals in the limestone act as an underground filter for the steady upwelling of water, leaving behind a luxuriously pure bath of minerals for guests to enjoy."
It is open by 9AM every day. The mineral spring and swimming pool remain open until dark while the bar serves guests late into the evening and early morning hours until the last person leaves.
If you wish to get more information or to get directions to get there, telephone 1-876-860-8805.
The following are some raving comments from the Blue Hole attraction page on TripAdvisor:
- Great attraction, inexpensive to jump, includes a lovely pool (if you're too chicken to jump the hole) and a great little bar to toast your daring. Friendly people, a must-see!
- This was my second trip to Blue Hole Mineral Spring. This year, the lodge was nearing completion and promises to be another special place. The spring was as great as it was last year. We met outstanding people. The food was terrific and gives you a real feel for authentic Jamaica. The people were wonderful....most gracious...courteous and always there to cater to you to make the experience special.
- I thought it was a great place. I didn't stay in the resort but I jumped into the blue hole swam in the pool and drank some red stripe and had a good time. It's 30 min by car to negril but only 10 by motorbike so it has access to the beach and bars if you are thinking of staying there. Fun place to visit.
- Even though only one of us had the nerve to jump into the cave, it was still cool. We enjoyed the drive from Negril too. The new hotel will be beautiful, with great views.
- Lots of fun; highly recommended. Great photo opportunities
- Great drive to see the local culture
- Best stay ever!!
- Blue Hole Mineral Spring is by far my most favorite place to visit each and everytime I visit Jamaica
- Cool vibes
- One of our favorite places to hang out!
- The Blue Hole - A Refreshing Find Off the Beaten Path Near Negril
- Distracted from life, I was reminded how to live.
- A magical experience
...and by the way, Blue Hole Mineral Bath/Spring is located just about 25 minutes from the Negril -the tourist capital of Jamaica!
I will be there Matt!
Sharing IS Caring... Its now YOUR turn to...
If you found this page useful, please consider subscribing to my weekly newsletter, My Island Jamaica Digest here.
Back To The Top Of This Page
It tells you each week about the new information that I have added, including new developments and great stories from lovers of Jamaica!
New! Talk To Me
Was the information helpful? Something needs changing? I welcome your feedback here.
Recommended For You ...
Other Great Articles You Might Have Missed
Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
P.S. Didn't find what you were looking for? Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.
Back To The Top Of This Page
About The Author
A patriotic Jamaican who adore its culture, Wellesley has been using this medium to share what he calls 'the uniqueness of Jamaica with the world' since April 2007.
To date, he serves over 9,300 unique readers / viewers per day.
efforts have earned this site featured positions in local publications,
including the Jamaica Gleaner's Hospitality Jamaica, Carlong Publishers,
as well as recognition from numerous prestigious international agencies
and universities. Read more about him here.
He invites you to subscribe to this site to stay updated on all the latest and check out his unique Jamaican products on his Etsy store.
If you are on social media, here are the links to follow his latest posts
You are also invited to join his exclusive JAMHearts community where like-minded Jamaican enthusiasts discuss all things Jamaican.