Rafting In Jamaica
WITH Pics & Video From White River, Ocho Rios
Sharing Is Caring! Share this awesome content with your friends now.
New! See the real Jamaica in VIDEOS!
Click Here and see why over 140,000 fans are raving about my YouTube Channel!
White River Rafting In Jamaica
Sun, Sand and Sea are Awesome!
But don't ever think you are limited to that, oh no. Jamaica, has an increasingly diversified product which includes the fun and exciting river rafting attraction.
New! Ready To Visit Jamaica?
Join countless of travelers who have already unlocked the secrets to experiencing Jamaica on a budget. Click Here and find out how.
And, if you ever need a trustworthy, friendly and knowledgeable local guide, consider booking a private tour with us!
I was on (another) mission in the Ocho Rios area but was drawn to this captivating attraction, thanks to the heavy traffic.
It is right across the road!
Actually, the river that the rafting takes place on, runs under the bridge - which joins St. Ann (Ocho Rios) and St. Mary.
I parked alongside of the road, took out my camera, and headed across!
Here are some of the pictures (as well as a video below) of this fun adventure.
It was interesting to see so many rafts lined up! I counted at least 15 in the bay! And understood that several were already upstream with visitors.
And the clientele was many and varied -adults and children, single and couples, males and females, friends and groups.
I managed to eek out a brief interview with Andre, one of the rowers there, but as you'll see in the video, he was eventually overtaken by his peer Sebastian, the animated one :-)
But not before getting some great information for you. Below are the key points of note - from the interview as well as general observation.
Key Points Of Notes
- The cost of rafting here is currently $55 USD per trip, per raft.
- The excursion takes approximately 45 minutes from a mile upstream.
- The ride starts at the dock, goes upstream and then back down, finishing on the beach, and then 1/4 way back up to base.
- According to Andre, my interviewee, and one of the rowers here, it is perfectly safe here!
No crocodiles, no snakes, and some other stuff he mentioned so fast I couldn't hear :-)
- The rafts are made of all bamboo! But their is an elevated area for comfortable seating.
- River tubing is also done here. I observed it further upstream.
- Outside of a special raft I observed (with a mini house and jerk chicken pan) that is used for special occasions, the rafts here are typically made for two persons to sit comfortably. A third person (child) may be able to sit a well.
- Don't be like me, It is recommended that you take your swimwear so you have the option of swimming or cliff jumping further upstream if you wish.
That, by the way, is one of the highlights of the trip.
- In addition to the several varieties of fish observed in the river, expect to see nature in its glory during the trip, including endemic species of birds and flora of Jamaica.
- They also have several restaurants and eateries nearby.
- I got three of the rowers contact numbers. Correction, they volunteered their contact numbers in the video (below), but one person I'd love to contact when you get there is Delroy (aka Blanka). His contact number is 876-335-9043
Just So You Know...
For many, rafting in Jamaica is the highlight of their vacation here. It is a relaxing, yet fun, way to enjoy Jamaica land we love.
And there are several other landmark attractions for rafting in Jamaica.
Among them include...
Ready To Go Rafting In Jamaica?
If you are ready to take this exciting excursion, I suggest you go with a qualified, professional and trusted Jamaican tour guide!
Click Here to get my personal recommendation.
YouTube Video of Bamboo Rafting In Jamaica | White River, Ocho Rios
Yes, I have the video to share with you from my visit. It captures, much of what I mentioned above, but more. Just click the PLAY button below and watch.
Back to top of Bamboo Rafting In Jamaica
Other Pages Related To Rafting In Jamaica
- Rafting on the Martha Brae, https://www.jamaicarafting.com/
- About Rafting on the Martha Brae, https://www.visitjamaica.com/listing/rafting-on-the-martha-brae/53/
- Bamboo Rafting On The Martha Brae River in Jamaica, http://things-to-do-in-jamaica.com/bamboo-rafting-on-the-martha-brae-river-jamaica/
- BAMBOO RIVER RAFTING, https://www.islandroutes.com/caribbean-tours/jamaica/1/montego-bay/43/bamboo-river-rafting/
Return to Places To Visit In Jamaica from Rafting In Jamaica
Return to Home Page from Rafting In Jamaica
Back To The Top Of This Page
New! Get My Latest Book👇🏿
You asked, I've answered! You no longer need to save for months or years, to enjoy paradise!
JAMAICA On A Budget is your passport to experiencing what I call 'The Real Jamaica' on a budget!
I spilled the beans! sharing my top tips on finding cozy accommodations and secret gems, only the way a native could! Click Here to pick it up on my e-store and start saving now!
See The Best Of Jamaica - In Videos!
My channel reaches over 140,000 subscribers worldwide and has leveraged over 11 million views, sharing, what I call 'The Real Jamaica'. Subscribe today and join our family of viewers.
P.S. Didn't find what you were looking for?
Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.