with all that's new at My-Island-Jamaica, Click Here to subscribe
for my updates and don't miss a thing!
Only Real Jamaicans (Joke)
Only Real Jamaicans...
This is a another thriller - Jamaicans will understand this a bit more though.
- Only real Jamaicans put crazy baby powder pon dem pickney (baby) neck after dem bathe dem! fresh wi seh!
- Only real Jamaicans say 'headtop', 'footbottom', 'neckback', 'handmiggle', 'nosehole'
- Only real Jamaicans live in another country for 50 years and never lose their accent
- Only real Jamaicans will say that gas is the reason for any pain and tea is the cure. "mi foot a hot me!", "drink some tea... a gyas."
- Only Real Jamaicans turn up @ a party at 1 a.m. an know seh it a done 2am an den cuss bout wah kinda foolinish dat an dem jus reach...
- Only Real Jamaicans have friends weh name "BIGGZ" "POOCHIE" "BROWN MAN" "MR CHIN" "MACHIZ" "BLACKS" "DRIVER" "JUICEY" "CREAMY"etc
- Only real Jamaicans rub white rum while sick and put vicks in them nosehole
- Only real Jamaicans can have phone conversations with sound effects like "Ehheeeeeh, mhhm , ehhh ! , yuh tuh lie ! awoah, mi raw"
- Only real Jamaicans know that 'soon come' means anything but that.
- Only real Jamaicans know that "foreign" is just one country .... maybe two
- Only real Jamaicans call pomegranate, ponganot.
- Only Real Jamaicans are NEVER done talking when we say, "mi done talk!"
- Only Real Jamaicans Alphabet --Hay, B, C, D, Hee, Hef, Gee, Hayitch, Hi, J, K , Hel, Hem, Hen, Ho, Pe, Q, Har, Hes, T, U, V,W, Hex, Y, Z
Editor's note:DWL - Dying with laughter, woooii :-)
Jamaicans, don't take this too serious now, it is just for the fun OK :-)
So what do you think of this list? Is it complete? Is it true? Any new additions? Click Here to add
as a comment.
Sharing IS Caring... Its now YOUR turn to...
If you found this page useful, please consider subscribing to my weekly newsletter, My Island Jamaica Digest here.
Back To The Top Of This Page
It tells you each week about the new information that I have added, including new developments and great stories from lovers of Jamaica!
New! Talk To Me
Was the information helpful? Something needs changing? I welcome your feedback here.
Recommended For You ...
Other Great Articles You Might Have Missed
Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
P.S. Didn't find exactly what you were looking for? Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.
Back To The Top Of This Page
About The Author
A patriotic Jamaican who adore its culture, Wellesley has been using this medium to share what he calls 'the uniqueness of Jamaica with the world' since April 2007.
To date, he serves over 9,300 unique readers / viewers per day.
efforts have earned this site featured positions in local publications,
including the Jamaica Gleaner's Hospitality Jamaica, Carlong Publishers,
as well as recognition from numerous prestigious international agencies
and universities. Read more about him here.
He invites you to subscribe to this site to stay updated on all the latest and check out his unique Jamaican products on his Etsy store.
If you are on social media, here are the links to follow his latest posts
You are also invited to join his exclusive JAMHearts community where like-minded Jamaican enthusiasts discuss all things Jamaican.