with all that's new at My-Island-Jamaica, Click Here to subscribe
for my updates and don't miss a thing!
Assistant Editor for a Social Media Marketing Company
by Jill Obien
We are looking for a passionate editor to assist our Content Manager in research, plan, writing and editing web content. The successful candidate should be a skilled writer and researcher, with an eye for detail and an understanding of the special requirements of web writing. The goal is to produce creative web content to appeal to our audience.
• Assist the Content Manager in creating and publishing engaging content
• Help edit, proofread and improve writer’s posts or the new content while ensuring that all documents meet established contents standards
• Writes, edits and proofreads new content
• Writing creative, entertaining and informative search engine optimized copy
• Help target keywords set by the online marketing manager and basing articles around them
• Assist in managing content distribution to online channels and social media platforms to increase web traffic
• Excellent English writing skills
• Major in Journalism/ Mass communication is preferred
• At least one year experience working for a US-based online news publication
• Superior Wordpress skills (must need to know how to upload plugins, themes, and content)
• Experience with SEO and AP style and other content strategy
• High level of accuracy and attention to detail
• The ability to transform complex language into engaging web content
• Excellent organizational skills
The reward for a work well done is the opportunity to do more! If you believe that you possess all these qualities and you want to join an extraordinarily creative, motivated, and talented team then joining our company might be your next career step!
SCHEDULE (if hired): 9AM-6PM EST
SALARY: Starts at $700 USD
TO APPLY, KINDLY FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS BELOW. APPLICANTS WHO WILL NOT FOLLOW THE INSTRUCTIONS WILL NOT BE CONTACTED.
1. In not less than 20 sentences, please provide an answer to the question “Who are you?”
2. Send your reply to firstname.lastname@example.org (it is NOT .com) with the title "Assistant Editor for a Social Media Marketing Company"
We will schedule you for an initial Skype interview if you will pass our initial assessment.
• You must be at home or at an office during the interview
• Use your desktop or your laptop
• Smartphones and tablets are prohibited
• Please test your microphone, speaker, and video camera before the interview
• Internet speed is at least 1mbps before the interview (run speed test using
• DSL connection is required
• Must have a backup internet connection (Wi-Fi, LTE or Data Plans – BACKUP ONLY
The Bytion Team
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to JamaicanJobsVacancies.
Sharing IS Caring... Its now YOUR turn to...
If you found this page useful, please consider subscribing to my weekly newsletter, My Island Jamaica Digest here.
Back To The Top Of This Page
It tells you each week about the new information that I have added, including new developments and great stories from lovers of Jamaica!
New! Talk To Me
Was the information helpful? Something needs changing? I welcome your feedback here.
Recommended For You ...
Other Great Articles You Might Have Missed
Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
P.S. Didn't find what you were looking for? Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.
Back To The Top Of This Page
About The Author
A patriotic Jamaican who adore its culture, Wellesley has been using this medium to share what he calls 'the uniqueness of Jamaica with the world' since April 2007.
To date, he serves over 9,300 unique readers / viewers per day.
efforts have earned this site featured positions in local publications,
including the Jamaica Gleaner's Hospitality Jamaica, Carlong Publishers,
as well as recognition from numerous prestigious international agencies
and universities. Read more about him here.
He invites you to subscribe to this site to stay updated on all the latest and check out his unique Jamaican products on his Etsy store.
If you are on social media, here are the links to follow his latest posts
You are also invited to join his exclusive JAMHearts community where like-minded Jamaican enthusiasts discuss all things Jamaican.