with all that's new at My-Island-Jamaica, Click Here to subscribe
for my updates and don't miss a thing!
Sharing Is Caring! Share this awesome content with your friends now.
blue mountain jamaica
by meaghan leger
Contest Entry #6- Blue Mountains, Jamaica
Blue mountain is special because:
- it is the highest point in Jamaica
- from blue mountains you can see the north and south side of Jamaica - on a clear day you can see Cuba!
- is one of the longest continuing ranges in the Caribbean
- they dominate the eastern third of Jamaica
- more then 200 species of birds live in blue mountains
- The famous Jamaican Blue Mountain Coffee is cultivated on the lower slopes, while higher slopes are preserved as forest.
- In 1962, the mountains were used as a filming location for Dr. No, the first James Bond film, in which Bond (played by Sean Connery) escaped in his Sunbeam Tiger car from the villainous Three Blind Mice.
- is the highest mountain in Jamaica at 2,256 metres (7,402 ft).
Submit Your Own Attraction here
or See prior submissions here
Other Great Articles You Might Have Missed
P.S. Didn't find what you were looking for?
Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.