How Long Of A Flight To Jamaica?
Answered by Tracie Shortridge, Associate Writer || June 2018
Jamaica is located in the West Indies, which is an archipelago of islands between southeast United States and northern South America.
The island is in the Northern and Western Hemispheres, located at latitude 17 degrees North (approximately), and between longitude 77 and 79 degrees West. It is surrounded by the Caribbean Sea.
We form a part of the Greater Antilles, which also include Cuba, Puerto Rico and Hispaniola (Dominican Republic and Haiti).
These are the largest islands in the archipelago, found in the North West Caribbean.
But since we are nestled so comfortably deep in the clutches of beautiful clear skies and miles and miles of soft white sand and warm waters of the Caribbean Sea, how do you get here?
In order to get you here, I'll first need to know where you are living or located. Do you get where I am going with this?
Basically, the length of a flight to Jamaica is dependent on two (2) major factors:-
- Where you are i.e. Are you in the Caribbean or outside of the Caribbean?
- The flight path you booked i.e. Is it a straight flight or a connecting flight?
These two (2) factors contribute greatly to the duration of time you will spend in the airport and in the air getting to Jamaica.
Remember as well that we have two (2) major airports in Jamaica, the Donald Sangster International airport and the Norman Manley International Airport.
Why am I telling you this at this point? Depending on your final destination, there may be some road time tacked onto your travel time as well. Fun… fun… fun…
Now let us take a closer look at some specific locations across the world (alphabetized) and the average duration of the flight based on a non-stop flight to Jamaica:
But first, two US states:
- New York, United States – 3 hours and 55 minutes
- Florida, United States – 1 hour and 42 minutes
- Australia – 21 hours and 20 minutes
- The Bahamas – 1 hour and 21 minutes
- Brazil – 5 hours and 27 minutes
- China – 18 hours and 2 minutes
- Egypt – 10 hours
- France – 10 hours and 9 minutes
- Great Britain – 9 hours and 55 minutes
- Haiti – 1 hour and 5 minutes
- India – 19 hours and 5 minutes
- Italy – 11 hours and 17 minutes
- Japan – 16 hours and 34 minutes
- Kenya – 18 hours and 48 minutes
- Mexico – 3 hours and 20 minutes
- Netherlands – 10 hours and 20 minutes
- Puerto Rico – 1 hour and 57 minutes
- South Africa – 15 hours and 30 minutes
- South Korea – 30 hours and 15 minutes
- Spain – 10 hours
- Switzerland – 11 hours and 3 minutes
- Venezuela – 2 hours and 36 minutes
- Yemen – 22 hours
So look at your location (or the one nearest you), but be sure to research multiple airlines and travel agents before booking your flight to Jamaica.
This way you stand of chance of getting some of the best deals on flights to Jamaica. So depending on where you are arriving from, it may very well take some time.
One thing is for sure though, when you get here, it will be well worth it!!
See you soon!!!!
About The Author
A patriotic Jamaican who adores his culture, Wellesley has been using this medium to share what he calls 'the uniqueness of Jamaica with the world' since April 2007.
To date, he serves over 9,300 unique readers / viewers per day.
efforts have earned him featured positions in local publications,
including the Jamaica Gleaner's Hospitality Jamaica, Carlong Publishers,
as well as recognition from numerous prestigious international agencies
He invites you to join his friends list and stay updated on all the latest. You are also invited to join his exclusive patron community.