How to Apply For A US Visa From Jamaica
Sample Visa - source:Path2usa.com
How to Apply For A US Visa From Jamaica
As the US Embassy will tell you, if you are visiting the USA for business or pleasure, transiting through, doing seasonal work, journalism or even for special events, you need what is called a Non Immigrant
Well, I scrubbed their website and arrive at the following:
The following are four (4) simple steps to apply.
- Prepare Your Documentation
- Pay the necessary application fee.
- Schedule the appointment
- Visit the US Embassy
As you can imagine though, the bulk of the effort is in number 1, that is, Preparing the Documentation
, but rest easy, this how to guide will attempt to make it much easier for you via simple step-by-step instructions.Special Note:
Bear in mind that all non immigrant visa applications must
complete the DS-160 Electronic Visa Application Form.
This step by guide is a neat, summarized version of this form.
Gather The following Items:
- Passport and planned itinerary;
- Employment history;
- Digital Photo (visa size);
- Contact information;
- Travel history.
Note that the online application may take upwards of 45 minutes, depending on how readily available your information are and your internet connectivity.
Access the DS-160 form at this link
- Read the instructions and select 'Jamaica' or the country in which you are apply.
- Enter Your Personal Information
- Marital Status
- Date and place of birth
- National Id information
- Address and Phone Information
- Email Address
- Passport Information
- Note: Save as you go along.
- Answer The Principal Applicant Question
- State Purpose Of Travel
- Indicate Length Of Stay And Place Of Stay
- Name Your sponsor - if not paying for your trip
- Answer Question - Are others with you?
- List previous U.S. Travel question ( last 5 visits)
- Name a contact in the USA who can verify your identity.
- Answer Question About Immediate Relatives in the USA?
- State your Work, Education & Training Background Information
- List Work History (last 5 years).
- Answer the 'Yes/No' questions about Health,
Security & Background Information
- Answer questions related Students and Exchange Visitors
- Provide SEVIS number, if Student.
- State where intend to study, address, course etc.
- Upload your digital Photo
- Review Information
- Not that you cannot make changes after submitting the application.
- Click on the 'Edit Information' to make changes.
- 'Sign' and Submit The Application
- You will be asked to read the E-Signature agreement
- You'll be asked to enter your passport number and the code, then...
- Sign and Submit
- Print Your Confirmation Page (will have a barcode)
- Note the Additional Information (to DS-160) For Families, Students etc.
- Students (F/M visa): Form I-20 and SEVIS Receipt;
- Exchange Visitors (J visa): DS-2019 and SEVIS Receipt;
- Temporary Workers, Artists, Athletes (H, O or P visas): Form I-797 and other documents related to your employment;
- Blanket L-1 Applicants: Form I-129S;
- Diplomats and Officials (A, G or NATO visas): Diplomatic Note;
- Treaty Trader/Treaty Investor (E visa): Form DS-156E;
- Domestic Worker, Employment contracts (B1, A3, G5 visa), crew (C1/D visa), and journalists (I visa): A letter from the employer verifying details of employment, and a letter from the inviting organization in the U.S., if applicable.
Pay The Application Fee
- Note that you must complete the DS-160 before paying the fee.
- You can pay the fee by credit card online via this link.
- You may also pay at any National Commercial Bank using a slip obtained online.
- You will need to bring a copy of the confirmation with you to the live interview.
Schedule Your Appointment & Visit The Embassy
- Visit https://jm.usembassy.gov/u-s-citizen-services/appointments/ or call 876-632-7400 to do so.
- Note that you must arrive 15 minutes before appointment
- Note that they usually advise you after the interview if you were successful or not and how your visa (stamped in your passport) will be delivered.
If this information was helpful to you, please let me know below
For more information visit their website at https://ais.usvisa-info.com/en-jm/niv
Lot's More 'How To', Visit our resource page
And, Before You Go!
Here (below) are some sweet deals on matching products at Amazon that you might have otherwise missed.
Amazon.com, by the way, is the internet's most reputable retailer and usually showcases only the best products that are related to your search. Be sure to check them out.
Note: If link does not show, please click here to be redirected to our page at Amazon.com.
P.S. Didn't find exactly what you were looking for? Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.
About The Author
A patriotic Jamaican who adores his culture, Wellesley has been using this medium to share what he calls 'the uniqueness of Jamaica with the world' - since April 2007.
To date, he serves over 8,300 unique readers / viewers per day.
His efforts have earned him featured positions in local publications, including the Jamaica Gleaner's Hospitality Jamaica, Carlong Publishers, as well as recognition from numerous prestigious international agencies and universities.
He invites you to join his friends list and stay updated on all the latest. You are also invited to join his exclusive patron community.