How to renew a US passport in Jamaica

How to renew a US passport in Jamaica? || Answered By Aneisha Dobson, Associate Writer

Here in Jamaica, matters associated with travel documents for the United States are generally dealt with at the US Embassy in Jamaica. As a result, most people usually associate the US Embassy with simply getting US visas.

However, the Embassy also offers services that assist and provide information for US citizens in Jamaica.
These services are offered by the American Citizen Services (ACS) Unit, located at the US Embassy in Kingston, and the Consular Agency in Montego Bay.

Therefore, if you’re a US citizen and you’re planning on renewing your passport, you will do so at these two locations.
So, what does the renewal process involve?

  1. It must be noted that a non-emergency renewal service will require an appointment.
    So, your first order of business is to schedule an appointment for an interview at any one of the two locations.
    The Embassy uses an Appointment System that allows applicants to make applications.

    There are no charge for making and cancelling appointments. If you need to reschedule, you are required to cancel the original appointment and reschedule. Also, each applicant will need to make their own separate appointment.

    If you’re requesting the appointment at the Montego Bay Consular Agency, you can contact them via the following:

    U.S. Consular Agency – Montego Bay
    Monday – Friday, 9:00 AM – 12:30 PM
    Whitter Village, Ironshore
    Unit EU-1 (across from Burger King)
    Montego Bay,
    St. James
    (876) 953-0620
    (876) 953-3898 Fax

  2. Once you have successfully made the appointment you will need to complete the electronic application form using the passport wizard and print the application form.

    You should use the DS-82 form if you meet the following criteria:

    • You are an adult whose most current passport is valid for 10 years and it is still in your possession
    • Your last passport was issued when you were age 16 or older
    • Your last passport was issued within the past 15 years
    • Your passport is undamaged and can be submitted with your application form

    Here is the link to complete the application form.

  3. When you are visiting for the interview, you are required to bring only the following documents:

    • DS-82 Application form (Be sure to electronically complete and print the application form before going to the Embassy for your appointment)
    • Your current Passport and one photocopy of your passport
    • One passport-sized photograph with a white background
    • Fee for DHL delivery
    • $110 USD (or Jamaican equivalent)

    Also, if your name has been changed between your last issued passport and now, be sure to take an original name change document, such as marriage certificate, deed poll or birth certificate as proof.

    A friendly reminder... when you’re visiting the embassy you’ll have to go through some security checks. In addition, electronic items, including cell phones, cameras, beepers, and pagers, are prohibited on the Embassy compound and should be secured elsewhere before entering the Embassy.

If you have more questions, you may contact the U.S. Embassy Kingston at:

142 Old Hope Road
Kingston 6
Jamaica, West Indies
Tel: 876-702-6000
Fax: 876-702-6348

As usual, I welcome your comments.



  • U.S. Embassy. (n.d.). Adult Renewals. Retrieved from U. S. Embassy Kingston:
  • U. S. Embassy Kingston. (n.d.). Appointments. Retrieved from U. S. Embassy Kingston: .
  • U. S. Embassy Kingston. (n.d.). Embassy . Retrieved from U. S. Embassy Kingston:
  • U. S. Embassy Kingston. (n.d.). Passports. Retrieved from U. S. Embassy Kingston:

Click here to post comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to JamaicaQuestions.

New! Looking for authentic Jamaican Grocery items? Click Here to check out my top recommendations on

Read More ...

Recommended For You ...

And, Before You Go!

Here (below) are some sweet deals on matching products at Amazon that you might have otherwise missed., by the way, is the internet's most reputable retailer and usually showcases only the best products that are related to your search. Be sure to check them out.

Note: If link does not show, please click here to be redirected to our page at

Great Articles You Might Have Missed

data-matched-content-rows-num="2" data-matched-content-columns-num="3"

Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)

Also connect with on Social Media: 
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube

Thank You!

P.S. Didn't find exactly what you were looking for? Still need help?

Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!

Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.

About The Author

wellesley gayle - booking link

A patriotic Jamaican who adores his culture, Wellesley has been using this medium to share what he calls 'the uniqueness of Jamaica with the world' - since April 2007.  

To date, he serves over 8,300 unique readers / viewers per day.

His efforts have earned him featured positions in local publications, including the Jamaica Gleaner's Hospitality Jamaica, Carlong Publishers, as well as recognition from numerous prestigious international agencies and universities.

He invites you to join his friends list and stay updated on all the latest. You are also invited to join his exclusive patron community

Top Of Page
Wellesley Gayle

What's New? Click Here And See.

Trending Now

Site Sponsors


Our Preferred Sponsors  & Friends (below)

(Our Sponsorship Policy)

Photographers in Jamaica
Wedding Photographers
Cars For Sale In Jamaica
Cars For Sale


Click Here to Visit Our Sponsors' Page

Top Articles

What's New?

Below is a list of the very latest articles I posted on the site.

Recent Articles

  1. Montego Bay Marine Park, Friends Of The Park & Doctor's Cave Beach

    May 21, 19 05:59 PM

    Protecting the environment is even more important for us in Jamaica because we depend on tourism for jobs - economy inevitably grows when tourism does

    Read More

  2. Jamaican Men - Any Good Ones Left? Oh Yes, meet this Double Amputee!

    May 17, 19 02:06 PM

    Real question... Are there any good Jamaican men left? Oh yes! And not an ordinary man either. Meet Winston Barr, double amputee, who is inspiring lives

    Read More

  3. I made Jamaican steamed fish with okra, thanks

    May 16, 19 08:45 PM

    Wellesley: I am so excited to be a part of you page. I recently visited Jamaica and spent about 2 weeks taking care of business and doing some site seeing.

    Read More

  4. Hanover Agricultural Show May 25, 2019

    May 16, 19 01:29 PM

    The Jamaica Agricultural Society (JAS) Hanover Association of Branch Societies (HABS), the pioneers for agricultural development and sustainability in

    Read More

New!  I've created a Welcome Audio. Just click the Play button below to listen.

Please subscribe here to get my latest updates.