with all that's new at My-Island-Jamaica, Click Here to subscribe
for my updates and don't miss a thing!
Jamaican Style Red Peas Soup Recipe
Jamaican Red Peas Soup
You haven't had red peas soup until you've had it Jamaican style!
Say "Yeah Mon" if you agree with me (lol) :-)
Anyway, here is it... Simple and easy!
Please be sure to try it.
And if you have a few minutes after devouring it, please drop us a line to let us know how it came out (link below).
- 1 pt red peas or red kidney beans
- 2 lbs soup beef (cut in bit sizes)
- 1 lb flour
- 2 oz escallion & thyme
- A dash of pimento seeds
- Salt to taste
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 8 oz carrots (diced)
- 8 oz Irish potatoes (diced)
- 3 oz soup seasoning powder
- 1 green pepper (whole)
- Cook peas, meat and pimento in adequate water until tender. That might be about one to one and half hours.
- Add small dumplings made from flour.
- Add escallion, thyme, soup seasoning, whole pepper
- Stir and cover pot on medium flames for another 20 minutes or so.
- Add diced carrots, diced irish potatoes and coconut milk.
- Add salt and stir.
- Cover and simmer for approximately 10 minutes.
I welcome your comments
New!Talk To Me
Was the information helpful? Something needs changing? I welcome your feedback here.
Recommended For You ...
Other Great Articles You Might Have Missed
Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
P.S. Didn't find exactly what you were looking for? Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.
Top Of Page
About The Author
A patriotic Jamaican who adores his culture, Wellesley has been using this medium to share what he calls 'the uniqueness of Jamaica with the world' since April 2007.
To date, he serves over 9,300 unique readers / viewers per day.
efforts have earned him featured positions in local publications,
including the Jamaica Gleaner's Hospitality Jamaica, Carlong Publishers,
as well as recognition from numerous prestigious international agencies
He invites you to join his friends list and stay updated on all the latest. You are also invited to join his exclusive patron community.