Scotiabank Jamaica Ltd
Solid, Safe, Secure!
ScotiaBank Jamaica, Contributed by Chevon Morris
The Bank of Nova Scotia has been in Jamaica since 1889.
It origins started with a small banking office in Kingston that served the needs of mainly merchants in the post emancipation period.
These were people who sought to establish trade using a monetary basis that was readily accepted by their creditors overseas.
Modern day Scotia
Today, Scotia Bank is one of the largest banking institution and is most known on our island Jamaica. Their network is widespread, as it has 35 branches and 3 sub branches with well over 2000 members on staff.
Scotia Bank is able to maintain its strength in the market place by maintaining a reputation of being strong, stable and creative in meeting the needs of Jamaicans- in prosperous and in turbulent times.
Products and Services
It's products and services are wide, as ranges from personal to business banking. Some of the products, categorized below, are:
- Day to day banking:- Accounts and Plans, Money Transfers, Electronic Banking.
- Borrowing:- Mortgages, Scotia Total Equity plan, Credit Cards, Line of Credit.
- Investing:- Self-Managed Brokerage, Full Service Brokerage, Mutual Funds, GICs, RSPs, TFSA, RESPs.
- Insurance:- Life and Health Insurance, Home and Auto Insurance, Creditor and Travel Insurance.
- Products and Services: - Banking & Investing, Business VISA Cards, Payment Services, Financing, Trading Internationally.
- Industry Solutions: - Auto Dealerships, Property Manager Plan, Agriculture, Franchising etc.
- Other Borrowing solutions, Cash Management, Risk Management, Planning Investment & Estate, Global Transaction Banking.
- Customer Care: Business Service Centre, etc...
Giving back to the community
In terms of community out reach programs, Scotia Bank created the Scotia Foundation in 1996, which has already contributed more than J$297.8 million to the education and health sectors in
Back in 2004, the foundation donated more than J$40 million to outreach activities, civic groups and environmental and sporting activities.
For additional information on the products and services, contact for the different branches and hours of operations, please visit their website at www.scotiabank.com.jm
Pages Related To Scotiabank Jamaica
1. © 2005, Arthur Lok Jack Graduate school of Business, Trinidad. Website: www.gsb.tt
2. website: http://scotiabank.com.
Make sure you subscribe to my free monthly e-zine My Island Jamaica Digest (MIJD) and stay with the latest!
Originally Posted: 9/11/09
Return to Jamaican Banks from Scotiabank Jamaica Ltd.
Return to MyIslandJamaica Homepage from ScotiaBank Jamaica
Recommended For You ...
And, Before You Go!
Here (below) are some sweet deals on matching products at Amazon that you might have otherwise missed.
Amazon.com, by the way, is the internet's most reputable retailer and usually showcases only the best products that are related to your search. Be sure to check them out.
Note: If link does not show, please click here to be redirected to our page at Amazon.com.
Great Articles You Might Have Missed
Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
P.S. Didn't find exactly what you were looking for? Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.
Top Of Page
About The Author
A patriotic Jamaican who adores his culture, Wellesley has been using this medium to share what he calls 'the uniqueness of Jamaica with the world' - since April 2007.
To date, he serves over 8,300 unique readers / viewers per day.
His efforts have earned him featured positions in local publications, including the Jamaica Gleaner's Hospitality Jamaica, Carlong Publishers, as well as recognition from numerous prestigious international agencies and universities.
He invites you to join his friends list and stay updated on all the latest. You are also invited to join his exclusive patron community.