Scotiabank Jamaica Ltd
Their Top Products & Services
Sharing Is Caring! Share this awesome content with your friends now.
Watch! See the real Jamaica in VIDEOS!
Click Here and see why over 90,000 fans are raving about my YouTube Channel!
The New Scotibank Jamaica at Fairview Montego Bay
Contributed by Chevon Morris
The Bank of Nova Scotia has been in Jamaica since 1889.
It origins started with a small banking office in Kingston that served the needs of mainly merchants in the post emancipation period.
These were people who sought to establish trade using a monetary basis that was readily accepted by their creditors overseas.
Modern Day Scotia
Today, Scotia Bank is one of the largest banking institution and is also one of the most esteemed on our island Jamaica. Their network is widespread, as it has 35 branches and 3 sub branches with well over 2000 members on staff!
Scotia Bank is able to maintain its strength in the market place by maintaining a reputation of being strong, stable and creative in meeting the needs of Jamaicans- in prosperous and in turbulent times.
Products and Services
It's products and services are wide, innovative and world class, ranging from personal and commercial to small business and premium banking.
Some of their key products, categorized below, are:
- Day to day banking:- Accounts and Plans, Money Transfers, Electronic Banking.
- Borrowing:- Mortgages, Scotia Total Equity plan, Credit Cards, Line of Credit.
- Investing:- Self-Managed Brokerage, Full Service Brokerage, Mutual Funds, GICs, RSPs, TFSA, RESPs.
- Insurance:- Life and Health Insurance, Home and Auto Insurance, Creditor and Travel Insurance.
Corporate And Commercial
- Products and Services: - Banking & Investing, Business VISA Cards, Payment Services, Financing, Trading Internationally.
- Industry Solutions: - Auto Dealerships, Property Manager Plan, Agriculture, Franchising etc.
- Other Borrowing solutions, Cash Management, Risk Management, Planning Investment & Estate, Global Transaction Banking.
- Customer Care: Business Service Centre, etc...
Chequing Account for business
Savings Account for business
Credit Line for Business
Term Loans for Business
- as well as business tools and advise
& Premium Banking
Which provides special previleges, exclusive support and preferred products including...
Premium ScotiaCard Visa Debit Card
Scotiabank Mutual Funds - Asset Management Service
Scotiabank Premium Banking Plan
Scotiabank Premium Credit Cards
Scotiabank also has world class ATMs conveniently located throughout the island to allow easy access to your money, 24 hours per day!
Giving back to the community
Scotiabank Jamaica prides itself for its community out-reach programs. At the point of writing their flagship programs were:
- Scotiabank Community Program
This initiative is corporate giving program that
helps support opportunities for the children and communities in which the bank as well as their employees
live and work.
- The Scotiabank Jamaica Foundation (SJF) &
The ScotiaFoundation supports
nation-building through donations and interventions to improve education
and health care, as well as, promote community development and
Scotia Bank created the Scotia Foundation in 1996, which has already
contributed more than J$297.8 million to the education and health
- Scotiabank Kiddy Cricket in Jamaica
The Scotiabank sponsored Kiddy Cricket programme was introduced to
Jamaica in 2000 and is part of Scotiabank's investment in the youth of
The program aims to help primary school children gain and maintain an
appreciation for our dear sport of cricket, the game that is deeply rooted in their West
It also seeks to help children develop positive values
and good sportsmanship while enhancing the appeal of education.
Contact ScotiBank Jamaica
For additional information on the products and services, contact for the different branches and hours of operations, please visit their website at https://jm.scotiabank.com
Be sure to read more on the other top banks in Jamaica .
1. © 2005, Arthur Lok Jack Graduate school of Business, Trinidad. Website: www.gsb.tt
Pages Related To Scotiabank Jamaica
Make sure you subscribe to my free monthly e-zine My Island Jamaica Digest (MIJD) and stay with the latest!
Return to MyIslandJamaica Homepage from ScotiaBank Jamaica
Other Great Articles You Might Have Missed
P.S. Didn't find what you were looking for?
Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.