with all that's new at My-Island-Jamaica, Click Here to subscribe
for my updates and don't miss a thing!
Happy New Year - Plus 12 New Year Must Do's
by Wellesley Gayle
As the new year approaches, I want to first thank you for the amazing support over the last year my friend; your readership, your questions, submissions, recommendations comments and sharing of content... Thank you!
All the successes so far on this website, and its continued growth, is directly related to your support.
And while I chart a path to bigger and greater things in the new year, I not only ask for your continued patronage, but also hope that your dreams and personal aspirations with start to manifest.
There are however some, what I consider, pertinent things we need to consider or immediately embark on as we seek to achieve our full god-given potential.
By the way, you know how they say that "what you are seeking is also seeking you"? ... Today I testify to that!
I was thinking about quotations/ ideas to share with you for 2019, when I noticed that my brother sent this (below) to me via WhatsApp!
I don't know the source, but I wholeheartedly believe in (and support) these principles (I am a product of them) and so I quickly quoted it and is now sharing with you.
12 THINGS EVERYBODY SHOULD DO IN THE NEW YEAR
*Counselor Fenyi writes...✍🏿*though edited.
1. Pursue something. Don't walk in the entire 365 days without having something particular in mind to achieve. Start a building project, buy a car, pay some school fees, start some job. Just do something!
2. Walk with people wiser or stronger than you. In this new year, surround yourself with people who will inspire you, who will make you feel you can do better, who will challenge you on.
3.Check your dressing or appearance. Don't put on 'anything' just because it covers your nakedness. Your appearance tells a lot about you. Iron your clothes neatly. Don't wear clothes in the name of fashion or trend . Wear more decent but fitting outfits. This is the slogan: Simple but Classy.
4. Check how you talk. Before you open your mouth, be minded of who you are talking to, where you are talking, when you are talking and also know that your integrity is at stake. In every situation, choose silence over speech unless you don't have any option.
5. Visit old people's home to appreciate them, also orphanage and children in need of special care. Don't let them feel unwanted or neglected in the scheme of things.
6. This year, be more prayerful. You can't live your life thinking things occur merely logically. There's a Supreme Being who makes things happen, pray to him.
7. Start thinking or planning towards doing more for humanity.
8. Always think Positive while being Realistic. When you see tigers praying to God, don't join them. You can be positive that they won't 'chop' you since they are praying but be realistic too that after the prayers, they'll remain tigers and God will feed them with flesh.
*9. Buy *gifts for your love ones. In this new year, try and do something 'small' for parents and those you care about. You have no idea what goes on in their minds. Let them feel you are not far off.
10. In this new year, Invest more, save less, spend less. Put your money into investment ventures. Buy T-bills, buy shares, buy fixed deposits, import some goods and sell, be a stock broker, etc. In fact, get more than one stream of income!
*11. Many known names have gone and life goes on. . The point is, don't work your life out. You won't take your work with you when you die. You are not as important as you think, calm down. Take time off work, go and do medical check-up, visit your family, visit gardens or the beach and appreciate nature, etc.
12. After reading, send this message to all your groups and contacts, it
may will be of help to someone.
And I'll add one more to #11, secure your soul, remember we are just passing through, even if you get 100 years here, it is minuscule in relation to eternity
Happy New Year again my friend!
I welcome your comments here
Sharing IS Caring... Its now YOUR turn to...
If you found this page useful, please consider subscribing to my weekly newsletter, My Island Jamaica Digest here.
Back To The Top Of This Page
It tells you each week about the new information that I have added, including new developments and great stories from lovers of Jamaica!
New! Talk To Me
Was the information helpful? Something needs changing? I welcome your feedback here.
Recommended For You ...
Other Great Articles You Might Have Missed
Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
P.S. Didn't find exactly what you were looking for? Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.
Back To The Top Of This Page
About The Author
A patriotic Jamaican who adore its culture, Wellesley has been using this medium to share what he calls 'the uniqueness of Jamaica with the world' since April 2007.
To date, he serves over 9,300 unique readers / viewers per day.
efforts have earned this site featured positions in local publications,
including the Jamaica Gleaner's Hospitality Jamaica, Carlong Publishers,
as well as recognition from numerous prestigious international agencies
and universities. Read more about him here.
He invites you to subscribe to this site to stay updated on all the latest and check out his unique Jamaican products on his Etsy store.
If you are on social media, here are the links to follow his latest posts
You are also invited to join his exclusive JAMHearts community where like-minded Jamaican enthusiasts discuss all things Jamaican.