with all that's new at My-Island-Jamaica, Click Here to subscribe
for my updates and don't miss a thing!
How do you make Jamaican potato salad from scratch?
Jamaican Potato Salad | Photo Credit: Food.com
How do you make Jamaican potato salad from scratch? Can you send me a recipeRESPONSE: by Wellesley
Thanks for asking Yvonne!
Here's a classic one - with bacon!
It takes less than 15 minutes and serves 5 persons.
- 1 whole onion, chopped finely
- 1/4 tsp cayenne pepper
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1.5 cups of mayonnaise
- 1 teaspoon of pimento
- 4 average size bacon slices
- 3 pounds of peeled irish potatoes
- 2 teaspoons of hot pepper sauce
- 3 peeled and halved hard-boiled eggs
- Salt to taste
- Bring water to boil and add salt
- Place whole irish potatoes in boiling water and cook
- When completely cook, drain and cool
- Cut the potatoes into 3/4-inch blocks
- Transfer into a large bowl
- Cook the bacon over medium heat until crisp, stirring occasionally.
- Transfer bacon to paper towels and drain
- Mix the mayonnaise, pimento, thyme, and cayenne pepper in a bowl
- Separate egg yolks and whites
- Mash the yolks
- Mince the egg whites
- Combine the bacon, the mayonnaise mixture, the yolks, the egg whites, the onion and the hot pepper sauce to the potatoes in bowl and toss to coat
- Add additional salt to desired taste
- Optional - Sprinkle with parsley
- Cover and refrigerate until ready for use
Go now and show off your skills, Jamaican style!
As usual, I welcome your comments below
P.S. I have dozens of free Jamaican recipes on this dedicated page
. Do check them out when you get a chance. From popular breakfast items to some of the best blends!
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Favourite Jamaican Recipe.
Sharing IS Caring... Its now YOUR turn to...
If you found this page useful, please consider subscribing to my weekly newsletter, My Island Jamaica Digest here.
Back To The Top Of This Page
It tells you each week about the new information that I have added, including new developments and great stories from lovers of Jamaica!
New! Talk To Me
Was the information helpful? Something needs changing? I welcome your feedback here.
Recommended For You ...
Other Great Articles You Might Have Missed
Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
P.S. Didn't find what you were looking for? Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.
Back To The Top Of This Page
About The Author
A patriotic Jamaican who adore its culture, Wellesley has been using this medium to share what he calls 'the uniqueness of Jamaica with the world' since April 2007.
To date, he serves over 9,300 unique readers / viewers per day.
efforts have earned this site featured positions in local publications,
including the Jamaica Gleaner's Hospitality Jamaica, Carlong Publishers,
as well as recognition from numerous prestigious international agencies
and universities. Read more about him here.
He invites you to subscribe to this site to stay updated on all the latest and check out his unique Jamaican products on his Etsy store.
If you are on social media, here are the links to follow his latest posts
You are also invited to join his exclusive JAMHearts community where like-minded Jamaican enthusiasts discuss all things Jamaican.