How To Apply For Permanent Resident Status In Jamaica
"How can I get permanent resident status in Jamaica?"
Outside of "will I be safe in Jamaica?" question, that is probably the single most popular question I've gotten on this website.
Well here is the answer (below). Thanks a million to Devin, my co-writer and researcher for her help on this.
OK, away with the chatter, here you go...
To apply for permanent resident status in Jamaica you would need to visit the Extension of Stay Unit
at the Passport, Immigration and Citizenship Agency (PICA), 25c Constant Spring Road, Kingston 10.
Please ensure that you have the following documents/information prior to your visit:
- A completed application form;
- A valid passport (at least six months prior to expiration);
- Evidence of financial status (for example, pension, bank account, investments, etc);
- Birth certificate;
- Marriage certificate (where applicable);
- Particulars of spouse and other dependents;
- Medical certificate;
- Police certificate from the country you are migrating (if you have not been living here);
- Two passport-sized photographs;
- A letter stating the reason for wanting to live in Jamaica ( This letter must be addressed to the Chief Immigration Officer, Passport, Immigration and Citizenship Agency, 25c Constant Spring Road, Kingston 10); and
- Provide two character references with your application.
Please note that all the requisite documents must be furnished before permanent resident status can be considered.
The process usually takes upwards of six months.
What are the costs?
Applications for permanent residence attract a non-refundable processing fee of JA$30,000.00.
In addition, all permanent residents who are aliens or non-Commonwealth nationals are issued with multiple entry visas, valid for two years at a time.
Costs for visas range from JA$500 - JA$2,000.
Need More Information?
For further information, including a copy of the latest application forms, do contact PICA at:
Passport, Immigration & Citizenship Agency
25 Constant Spring Road, Kingston 10,
Telephone: (1 876) 754-PICA(7422) / 754-4742
Hope that helps.
See Also: Migrating To Jamaica
& Moving To Jamaica
And, Before You Go!
Here (below) are some sweet deals on great Jamaican products at Amazon that you might have otherwise missed.
Amazon.com, by the way, is the internet's most reputable retailer and usually showcases only the best products from their inventory.
As an ardent customer and affiliate I earn a small commission from your purchase, at no extra cost to you. So thanks in advance.
Note: If link does not show, please click here to be redirected to our page at Amazon.com.
Ready To Vacation?
Please Book With Us...
Was the information helpful to you?
Here is a great way to support our effort.
All you need to do is book your vacation via the reputable HotelsCombined.com search box below.
It can be for travel to Jamaica or anywhere else on earth.
They combine the best deals from across all major booking sites and shows you only the very best!
Not quite ready to book? Start by searching (below) to get some amazing ideas now.