with all that's new at My-Island-Jamaica, Click Here to subscribe
for my updates and don't miss a thing!
Sharing Is Caring! Share this awesome content with your friends now.
Jamaica confirms 6 new cases of the COVID-19 cases
The following is the press release from the Ministry of Health and Wellness on the latest development on the Covid-19 Corona virus in Jamaica.
Source: Ministry Of Health
March 13, 2020
Jamaica has confirmed 6 new cases of the coronavirus virus disease 2019 (COVID-19) on the island , bringing to 8, the number of confirmed cases on the island.
The cases, which brings to eight (8) the number of confirmed cases, include:
- Two males, aged 63 and 67, who came into the island on March 7 from Trinidad, having travelled from Malaysia by way of Dubai and London. They presented at the hospital on March 11.
- One male, age 36, who travelled from Manchester, England. He was taken to the hospital from his hotel via ambulance on March 11.
- One male, age 31, a Jamaican overseas ship worker who came in from the Canary Islands via Portugal and Miami. He arrived in the island on February 25 and presented to hospital with symptoms on March 10.
- One male, age 58, who is the father of the first patient who was confirmed with COVID-19. He was found ill at his home on March 11.
- And one female, age 34, who is a close contact, also of the first patient who was confirmed with COVID-19 on the island.
The Minister Of Health And Wellness, Dr. Christopher Tufton, will be meeting with the media later today to provide further details. He is currently examining the level of preparedness for the Covid19 coronavirus in Western Jamaica.
Also, The Ministry Of Health reported that the first patient who tested positive for COVID-19 corona virus attended the funeral of the late Gloria Clarke that was held on Saturday, March 7, 2020 and interred at the Meadowrest Memorial Gardens.
They are asking all persons, who attended the funeral service and/or the burial to make contact by calling any of the following numbers:
- 876-542- 6006
- Persons may also send an email with their contact details to the following email addresses, email@example.com or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Remember to stay updated by following this page
As usual, I welcome your comments, suggestions and feedback here
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Jamaican News And Events.
Other Great Articles You Might Have Missed
P.S. Didn't find what you were looking for?
Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.