Jamaican Vegan Coconut Pasta Recipe
Jamaican vegan coconut pasta
Jamaican Vegan Coconut Pasta Recipe || Jamaican Recipe Contest Entry #12
- 2 cups of pasta ( of your choice)
- 1 cup of callaloo leaves
- 1/2 cup of coconut milk
- 1 tsp of cayenne pepper
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp of thyme
- 2 stalks of escallion diced
- 1/4 tsp scotch bonnet pepper diced
- 1 small onion diced
- 3 cloves of garlic
- Boil pasta for 5 minutes al dente, drain and set aside.
- Pour 2 tbsp of coconut oil in sauce pan let it heat for 1 minute then add escallion, garlic, thyme, scotch bonnet pepper, onion, and saute for another 1-2 minutes.
- Add natural coconut milk to the sauce pan stirring to blend in the ingredients.
- Add cayenne pepper and salt and stir to blend in the the flavors if the various spices.
- Then add the 4 calaloo leaves and cover sauce pan.
- As soon as it starts to boil add drained pasta to the mixture and stir the contents.
- Let it simmer to a thick sauce.
- Serve hot.
This recipe was inspired by me having a healthy alternative based on diet and is able to be consumed by just about anyone.
This recipe is unique because it can be enjoyed by anyone from a person on a budget to a person who enjoys different delicacies. Plus it is easy to make and makes you feel full with over eating.
This meal is healthy and delicious. Many people believe that healthy alternatives can't be delicious but this dish proves that is not true.
New! Talk To Me
Was the information helpful? Something needs changing? I welcome your feedback here.
Recommended For You ...
And, Before You Go!
Here (below) are some sweet deals on matching products at Amazon that you might have otherwise missed.
Amazon.com, by the way, is the internet's most reputable retailer and usually showcases only the best products that are related to your search. Be sure to check them out.
Note: If link does not show, please click here to be redirected to our page at Amazon.com.
Great Articles You Might Have Missed
Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
P.S. Didn't find exactly what you were looking for? Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.
Top Of Page
About The Author
A patriotic Jamaican who adores his culture, Wellesley has been using this medium to share what he calls 'the uniqueness of Jamaica with the world' since April 2007.
To date, he serves over 9,300 unique readers / viewers per day.
His efforts have earned him featured positions in local publications, including the Jamaica Gleaner's Hospitality Jamaica, Carlong Publishers, as well as recognition from numerous prestigious international agencies and universities.
He invites you to join his friends list and stay updated on all the latest. You are also invited to join his exclusive patron community.