with all that's new at My-Island-Jamaica, Click Here to subscribe
for my updates and don't miss a thing!
Sharing Is Caring! Share this awesome content with your friends now.
A Quick 'n' Easy
Jamaican Rum Cake Recipe
Watch! See the real Jamaica in VIDEOS!
Click Here and see why over 45,000 fans are enjoying my YouTube Channel!
Authentic Jamaican Rum Cake Recipe
Jamaican Rum cake is one of the most delicious Jamaican desserts that you can serve after
a hearty meal, any time of the day or have it by itself.
We also typically serve it at special occasions or parties as a tasty snack, so yes, and not just for dessert.
And, don't let its classy appearance fool you, the recipe is much simpler than you might initially think.
This recipe is a simple step by step one that you can follow to bake yourself your most beautiful rum cake, Jamaican style!
Simple Recipe For Jamaican Rum Cake
Jamaican Banana Rum Cake
Preparation Time: 15 Minutes
Cook Time: 1 hour
Equipment needed: Bundt Pan (Baking tin with hole in the middle) or any baking tin.
- 1 box yellow or white cake mix
- 1 small box instant vanilla pudding
- 3 eggs
- ½ cup vegetable oil
- ½ cup water
- ½ cup Jamaican white rum
- Preheat oven to 325° F
- Grease tin with butter, then dust with flour or spray tin with nonstick cooking spray.
- Combine cake mix, vanilla pudding, eggs, oil, water and rum in a large mixing bowl. Beat for 2 minutes until smooth.
- Pour batter in prepared tin, bake for 1 hour
- Prepare Glaze while cake is in the oven
- Combine butter, sugar and water in sauce pan and bring to boil for 1 minute.
- Remove from the heat and add the rum to the mixture, mix thoroughly
- Remove cake from the oven when done, do not cool.
- Pour rum glaze onto the hot cake.
- Set cake on cool rack to cool.
Serve as dessert or on its own.
If you were following along, you should now have your first (and best) Jamaican rum cake, right?
If so, congratulations! I'd love to taste it, but yikes, you are so far away :-)
Never mind, I'd love to hear from you though!
Please use the comment links below to tell me how it went. I'm waiting :-)
Pictures Of Jamaican Rum Cakes
By the way, if you have not started your cake, courtesy of Tortuga, here are some additional captivating pictures of sumptuous Jamaican rum cakes that will inspire you.
Jamaican pineapple rum cake
Coconut Rum Cake
Looking lovely aren't they? I hope you are now inspired?
Talk again soon. In the meantime, get more free Jamaican Recipes here.
Other Pages Related To Jamaican Rum Cake Recipe
Return to Food From Jamaica from Jamaican Rum Cake Recipe
Return to My Island Jamaica Homepage from Recipe For Jamaican Rum Cake
Other Great Articles You Might Have Missed
P.S. Didn't find what you were looking for?
Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.