with all that's new at My-Island-Jamaica, Click Here to subscribe
for my updates and don't miss a thing!
Dolphin Cove Jamaica
Here's Why I Love 'EM
Sharing Is Caring! Share this awesome content with your friends now.
New! For Authentic Jamaican products, from my very own hands, visit my Etsy store here.
Dolphin Cove Jamaica by Kesha Stewart || September 4 2017
Where can you find a combination of animals, water, great staff and fun, fun, fun? It’s the Dolphin Cove Jamaica Attraction operated by Chukka Caribbean.
Watch! See the real Jamaica in VIDEOS
Click Here to watch my latest videos on my fun YouTube channel - you'll love it!
Dolphin Cove, as its name suggests, is a cove on Jamaica’s Northern coast specifically in St. Ann and of course you will find beautiful bottle-nosed dolphins there.
The attraction is in close proximity to several hotels and accommodation. It is also well known and is therefore a staple on the itinerary of most tour companies. Dunn’s River Falls and Mystic Mountain attractions are also close by so it’s a great way to do a double or triple visit on one trip.
Reasons I Love Dolphin Cove!
There are several reasons Dolphin Cove is a haunt for locals and visitors of all ages.
Here are my top 4 reasons for just loving Dolphin Cove.
- The dolphins - The dolphins are the main attraction there were about 4 on the day I visited. It was a wonder to see these large beautiful creatures splashing and dancing as they majestically synchronized their movement under the guidance of the trainer who was more like a dance choreographer.
They seem to enjoy performing as well as petting from those visitors who swam with them. My son and I (both non swimmers) even got to touch one as it swam by the viewing deck. Very cool!
- The shark show – Friends this is a must see. It was absolutely fascinating to watch as the handlers daringly touch the sharks or stand in the water with these deadly creatures singing and dancing as they did their performance. Whew! My students were in absolute awe.
- Very friendly and informed team- from the sales team at the reception area right down to the tour guides there is a feeling of welcome that exudes as soon as you arrive and the tours is interesting because the guides are well informed.
- Cool, tranquil surroundings – Water used in the shower and hand washing areas come through bamboo taps from the Dunn’s River -a novel way to utilize Mother Nature’s gifts. The vegetation is lush and green and the climate is oh so salubrious. Ahh!
- The beach- Wow! The wave action is high but don’t worry the waters are quite shallow and extremely warm.
What else will you find at Dolphin Cove?
- Outside of the dolphins and sharks there are birds, reptiles and sting rays.
- Restaurant – French fries and other fast foods and local drinks and juices are available
- Plant life – The attraction is well shaded – for the most part- by a blanket of trees which forms a beautiful canopy even on the beach. I loved it. And there are beach chairs if yoy just want to chill.
- The pirate – I actually got “held up” at “gunpoint” by the eye-patch, earring wearing and realistically costumed ‘pirate’ a definite LOL!!
My Dolphin Cove Do’s and Don’ts
- Do plan to have a ‘Dolphin of a time’ (forget whale)
- Do follow the guides’ instructions and the signs posted.
- Do dress comfortably especially if you plan to walk the nature trail.
- Do remember that swimming with the dolphins costs a bit more than the regular entrance fee
- Do plan to swim in the adjoining beach the water is just fabulously enticing.
- Do take along waterproof cameras
- Do be careful around the shark pool- you definitely don’t want to fall in.
- Do share a kiss with a dolphin – I’m sure your partner won’t be too jealous!
- Don’t take along any food/drink onto the venue
- Don’t feed the animals
- Don’t ignore the safety rules.
What will you remember most about Dolphin Cove? Well that is dependent on what you did really. But I think you will remember the dolphins, the parrot, the pirate, and the beach but hey feel free to create your own list.
Pages Related To Dolphin Cove Jamaica
Return to Vacation in Jamaica from Dolphin Cove Jamaica
Return To My Island Jamaica Home from Dolphin Cove Jamaica
Sharing IS Caring... Its now YOUR turn to...
If you found this page useful, please consider subscribing to my weekly newsletter, My Island Jamaica Digest here.
Back To The Top Of This Page
It tells you each week about the new information that I have added, including new developments and great stories from lovers of Jamaica!
New! Talk To Me
Was the information helpful? Something needs changing? I welcome your feedback here.
Recommended For You ...
Other Great Articles You Might Have Missed
Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
P.S. Didn't find exactly what you were looking for? Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.
Back To The Top Of This Page
About The Author
A patriotic Jamaican who adore its culture, Wellesley has been using this medium to share what he calls 'the uniqueness of Jamaica with the world' since April 2007.
To date, he serves over 9,300 unique readers / viewers per day.
efforts have earned this site featured positions in local publications,
including the Jamaica Gleaner's Hospitality Jamaica, Carlong Publishers,
as well as recognition from numerous prestigious international agencies
and universities. Read more about him here.
He invites you to subscribe to this site to stay updated on all the latest and check out his unique Jamaican products on his Etsy store.
If you are on social media, here are the links to follow his latest posts
You are also invited to join his exclusive JAMHearts community where like-minded Jamaican enthusiasts discuss all things Jamaican.