Interesting Facts On Jamaica
- A bit of trivia for you
There are scores of eye-opening & interesting facts on Jamaica. I myself was
highly fascinated when conducting this research. So now I have compiled a short
list for you.
"I needed this for a school report" Thank you! - Melinda, 10/2007
These should help you well in your research of our
country, whether for social & educational (classroom) purposes or
even professional use.
Here you Go!
Back to Top
- Apart from the United States, Jamaica has won the most world and Olympic medals.
- Jamaica stands strong in 3rd place on the list of countries to win the Miss World titles the most! [Hmmm!]
only countries to have won it more than Jamaica is India, Venezuela and
the UK, but consider the size of Jamaica and you get a better
- Jamaica has more multiple (two or more) live births than anywhere else in the world.
- The Manchester Golf Club in Jamaica, established in 1868, is the oldest in the western hemisphere!
- The 'Doctor Bird (Trochilus polytmus) -a national symbol of the country- lives only in Jamaica.
- 2012-2013: World Fastest man and woman in the world- you bet, are Jamaicans [Usain Bolt and Shelly Ann Frazer].
- We have the second largest butterfly in the world? (The Giant Swallowtail). More on plants and animals here.
was the first tropical country to enter the IOC Winter Olympics. The
bobsleigh team's efforts inspired the film ‘Cool Runnings’.
- Another of the interesting facts on Jamaica is that it was the first British colonial territory to establish a postal service (in 1688).
- And still, there are many more interesting facts about Jamaica. I have actually put together 101 of them!
ClICK HERE TO GET THE ENTIRE LIST!,
Here are are other Insightful pages that will interest you:
If these facts were insightful to you please subscribe to My Island JamaicaMini-Blog.
This RSS feed is a small blog about Jamaica (kind of a journal), which
will also let you know whenever any new or changed Web pages appear on
My-Island-Jamaica.com. It keeps you up-to-date with other special
postings that you might otherwise miss.
Look for the XML|RSS graphic on the links bar to the left of this page and subscribe there.
Return to My Island Jamaica from Interesting Facts on Jamaica
Go Famous Places In Jamaica from Interesting Facts on Jamaica
Recommended For You ...
P.S. Didn't find exactly what you were looking for? Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool, It works!
Or, simply click here to ask me the question. I'll do my best to get back to you within 24 hours!
And, Before You Go!
Here (below) are some sweet deals on great Jamaican products at Amazon that you might have otherwise missed.
Amazon.com, by the way, is the internet's most reputable retailer and usually showcases only the best products from their inventory.
As an ardent customer and affiliate I earn a small commission from your purchase, at no extra cost to you. So thanks in advance.
Note: If link does not show, please click here to be redirected to our page at Amazon.com.
Great Articles You Might Have Missed
Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
Ready To Vacation?
Please Book With Us...
Was the information helpful to you?
Here is a great way to support our effort.
All you need to do is book your vacation via the reputable HotelsCombined.com search box below.
It can be for travel to Jamaica or anywhere else on earth.
They combine the best deals from across all major booking sites and shows you only the very best!
Not quite ready to book? Start by searching (below) to get some amazing ideas now.
You are also welcome to join my special friends list and receive exclusive updates (like this), tips, trivia and stories from lovers of Jamaica! Just enter...
Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
Top Of Page