Escoveitched Fish Recipe
Jamaican Escoveitched Fish Recipe by Kemoy McCurbyn
Escoveitched is also another quick and easy
way to prepare fish. This method of cooking the fish is the all-time favorite way that I (and most
Jamaicans) prefer to prepare our fish.
Here now is a quick and easy recipe that will definitely turn you into an escoveitched fish lover- if not already are :-)
Escoveitched Fish recipe
Preparation Time: 10 – 15 Minutes
Cook Time – 20 Minutes
• 2 lbs whole or sliced fish
• ½ cup cooking oil
• 4 tbs fish seasoning
• 2 tsp black pepper
• 1 tsp salt
• 3 cloves garlic
• 2 whole lime or lemon or ¼ cup vinegar
• Clean fish and wash with lime / lemon juice or vinegar
• Put fish to drain on paper towel and make a diagonal cut on each side of the fish.
• Combine fish seasoning, salt and black pepper in a small dish
• Place oil in frying pan to heat.
• Crush the garlic and place in the frying pan, while the oil is being heating.
• While oil is being heated, rub seasoning in the fish cavity, and on the outside, make sure to season thoroughly.
• Ensure that the oil in the frying pan is very hot
• Place 2 fish at a time in the preheated oil
• Fry until each side of the fish is golden brown
• Place each fried fish in dish that can be covered
• 3 tbsp oil from the pan that fish was fried in
• 2 cups white or cider vinegar
• 3 medium sized carrots, julienned
• 2 large onions cut in rings
• 3 scotch bonnet or hot pepper cut in rings
• 6 pimento berries
• Combine oil, vinegar, carrot, onion, pepper and pimento in sauce pan
• Cook carrot and onion until tender
• Pour sauce while hot onto fish
• Cover dish and marinate for 2 hours
Add slices of pepper, onion, and carrots tp add additional garnishing. Now serve fish with your favorite side dish, and enjoy.
Escoveitched fish is typically served here with a few slices of bread, festival or bammy.
When escoveitched the fish boast a lot of flavor, seasoning and spices,
that makes it mouthwatering.
And by the way, even persons who are not big fish lovers would tell you that perhaps their choice would be
Do enjoy and please share, the links to share are below.
Return to Jamaican Fish Recipes from Jamaican Escoveitched Fish Recipe
Return to My Island Jamaica Homepage from Jamaican Escoveitched Fish Recipe
Recommended For You ...
And, Before You Go!
Here (below) are some sweet deals on matching products at Amazon that you might have otherwise missed.
Amazon.com, by the way, is the internet's most reputable retailer and usually showcases only the best products that are related to your search. Be sure to check them out.
Note: If link does not show, please click here to be redirected to our page at Amazon.com.
Great Articles You Might Have Missed
Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
P.S. Didn't find exactly what you were looking for? Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.
Top Of Page
About The Author
A patriotic Jamaican who adores his culture, Wellesley has been using this medium to share what he calls 'the uniqueness of Jamaica with the world' - since April 2007.
To date, he serves over 8,300 unique readers / viewers per day.
His efforts have earned him featured positions in local publications, including the Jamaica Gleaner's Hospitality Jamaica, Carlong Publishers, as well as recognition from numerous prestigious international agencies and universities.
He invites you to join his friends list and stay updated on all the latest. You are also invited to join his exclusive patron community.