with all that's new at My-Island-Jamaica, Click Here to subscribe
for my updates and don't miss a thing!
Sharing Is Caring! Share this awesome content with your friends now.
Jamaican Fried Fish Recipe
Watch! See the real Jamaica in VIDEOS!
Click Here and see why over 60,000 fans are raving about my YouTube Channel!
Jamaican Fried Fish Recipe by Kemoy McCurbyn
Fried fish is just one of the many ways that we prepare our fish. And Fish, when
fried, can be had with any side dish. In Jamaican it is famously eaten with
bammy or festival. The snapper by the way, is our preferred choice when it comes to
frying or preparing fish, as this particular fish has a lot of flesh and
has a great taste.
So what is the best fish to fry? It doesn’t really matter much if it is whole
fish or sliced fish, or what species it is, any fish is the same with us,
and we prepare it tasty just the same :-)
So for this recipe, the choice is yours, any type of fish
you prefer can be used.
Fried Fish Recipe
Preparation Time: 10 Minutes
Cook Time is dependent on the amount or number of fishes you will be using.
• 4 – 5 whole or sliced fish
• ½ cup cooking oil
• 3 tbs fish seasoning
• 1 tsp black pepper
• ½ tsp salt
• 2 cloves garlic
• 2 whole lime or lemon or ¼ cup vinegar
• Clean fish and wash with lime / lemon juice or vinegar
• Put fish to drain on paper towel and make a diagonal cut on each side of the fish.
• Combine fish seasoning, salt and black pepper in a small dish
• Place oil in frying pan to heat.
• Crush the garlic and place in the frying pan, while the oil is being heating.
• While oil is being heated, rub seasoning in the fish cavity, and on the outside, make sure to season thoroughly.
• Ensure that the oil in the frying pan is very hot
• Place 2 fish at a time in the preheated oil
• Fry until each side of the fish is golden brown
• Place each fried fish on paper towel to drain excess oil
Peppers, Onions and other vegetables can we used to garnish.
Serve fish with your favorite side dish, and enjoy.
And, if you haven't seen our page on Jamaican escoveitched fish page, please take a look. It is prepared the same way as the fried (above) but with added steps to get the fish 'escoveitched'!
Return to Jamaican Fish Recipes from Jamaican Fried Fish Recipe
Return to My Island Jamaica Homepage from Jamaican Fried Fish Recipe
Other Great Articles You Might Have Missed
P.S. Didn't find what you were looking for?
Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.