15 Delightful Jamaican Rum Cocktails
Sharing Is Caring! Share this awesome content with your friends now.
New! See the real Jamaica in VIDEOS!
Click Here and see why over 140,000 fans are raving about my YouTube Channel!
Jamaican Rum Cocktails| Jamaican Rum Punch
By Venesha Johnson| Associate Writer
Jamaican rum makes everything better, at least that is my opinion. But you might have to try it to believe. It makes a great addition to many dishes and desserts but nothing can top some good Jamaican rum cocktails.
New! Ready To Visit Jamaica?
Join countless of travelers who have already unlocked the secrets to experiencing Jamaica on a budget. Click Here and find out how.
And, if you ever need a trustworthy, friendly and knowledgeable local guide, consider booking a private tour with us!
What is the most popular cocktail in Jamaica?
The most popular cocktail in Jamaica is definitely white rum and Ting. Ting is a grapefruit soda and goes well with most clear rums and vodka, including coconut rum which is another common pairing.
What is a typical Jamaican cocktail?
A typical Jamaican cocktail is made up of either a fruity juice or grapefruit-flavoured soda with any brand of white rum. It has also become quite common for Jamaicans to mix energy drinks and rum.
What is a famous Jamaican rum drink?
The most famous Jamaican rum drink is the Jamaican rum punch. Which is a punch made of several fruit juices and variations of Jamaican rum. You can find a detailed recipe here.
Which Jamaican rum is best for mixed drinks?
The most popular and best Jamaican rum for mixed drinks is the Wray and Nephew White Overproof rum. A close runner-up is the Appleton rum.
15 Easy Jamaican Rum Cocktails
- Bahama Mama- The sweet flavour of pineapple and the tangy sensation of orange come together in this delectable drink to create a tropical blend. This rum favourite is made up of white rum, coconut rum, grenadine, orange juice, pineapple juice, and ice.
- Jamaica Smile- Savour this combination of strawberry daiquiri, pina colada, and coconut rum with some rum cream on top.
- Snake Eyes- This cocktail will satisfy your craving for something sweet thanks to the addition of banana, coconut rum, rum cream, and some simple syrup.
- Lava Flow- You'll find that this cocktail is more on the playful side and contains real strawberries. Ice, light rum, coconut rum, pineapple juice, cream of coconut, strawberries, and occasionally a banana are among the frequently used ingredients.
- Rum Runner- This cocktail is nothing less than excellent, complete with lime juice, strawberry syrup, orange juice, pineapple juice, dark rum, white rum, blackberry brandy, and a dash of bitters.
- Dreadlock Holiday- In a mixing tumbler with ice, combine Appleton rum, Bianco vermouth, and pineapple liqueur. Stir to chill. Pour strained beverage into a tumbler with one sizable ice cube. Add a garnish of lemon rind by twisting it on top of the beverage.
- Jamaican Negroni- To make this drink grab your mixing tumbler, and combine Appleton estate rum, wray and nephew overproof white rum, Campari, and sweet vermouth. Stir until well mixed. Pour over a sizable ice cube in a double rocks tumbler. Use an orange slice for the garnish.
- Strawberry Mojito- add small strawberry pieces in a glass and add mint leaves on top. add lime juice and sugar and mix well. Add your favourite Jamaican white rum, and ice cubes, then fill the rest of the glass with sparkling water or club soda.
- Coffee, Rum and lemon cocktail- This quick and easy drink requires you to add lemon, sugar, crushed ice, coffee, water and rum to a pitcher and mix well. If you are a coffee lover, this will be among your favourites.
- Jamaica Me Crazy- Here is another popular Jamaican rum cocktail. It is made with white rum, banana liqueur, cranberry juice and pineapple juice.
- Old Jamaican- Try this delightful cocktail made of simple sugar, white rum, lime juice, mint, champagne and a dash of Angostura bitters.
- Jamaican Breeze- If you are a lover of dark rum, you will love this cocktail. It is made with Appleton estate rum, fresh ginger, pineapple juice, simple syrup and angostura bitters.
- Mai Tai- If there ever was a traditional Jamaican cocktail, this would be it. Crushed ice should fill a drink shaker about halfway. Next, rum, lime juice, orange liquor, orgeat, and simple syrup should all be added. For about 30 seconds, cover and agitate thoroughly. If necessary, add more broken ice on top. Serve after adding lime and mint sprigs as a garnish.
- Jamaican Sunrise- Over ice, add Rum Punch, tequila, and citrus juice to the glass. Grenadine should be added; it will settle to the bottom. Do not stir! Serve with a garnish of orange slice and cherry.
- Jamaican Hot Toddy- Add hot water to a cup, followed by Rum Punch, then juice from recently strained lemons is added. Now add a lemon piece, a clove, and a cinnamon stick as garnish.
These cocktails are amazing and I am quite sure you will find quite a few on the menus at any resort here in Jamaica. However, these cocktails isn't how most Jamaicans drink rum on a daily basis. Read this article for the details on some fun and interesting ways that Jamaicans have rum.
Sharing IS Caring! Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
If you found this page useful, please consider subscribing to my weekly newsletter, to get even more.
It tells you each week about the new information that I have added, including new developments and great stories from lovers of Jamaica!
Return to Jamaican Drinks from Jamaican Rum Cocktails
Return to My Island Jamaica Homepage from Jamaican Rum Cocktails
References & Sources For Jamaican Rum Cocktails
- Jamaican rum cocktails you have to try on holiday. (2018, September 20). Couples Resorts. https://couplesresorts.co.uk/blog/jamaican-rum-cocktails-you-have-to-try-on-holiday/I.
- (2018, August 29). 5 to Try: Jamaican Rum Cocktails. Imbibe Magazine. https://imbibemagazine.com/jamaican-rum-cocktails/10 Best Jamaican Rum Drinks Recipes | Yummly.
- (2023, March 14). 10 Best Jamaican Rum Drinks Recipes | Yummly. https://www.yummly.com/recipes/jamaican-rum-drinks
Back To The Top Of This Page
New! Get My Latest Book👇🏿
You asked, I've answered! You no longer need to save for months or years, to enjoy paradise!
JAMAICA On A Budget is your passport to experiencing what I call 'The Real Jamaica' on a budget!
I spilled the beans! sharing my top tips on finding cozy accommodations and secret gems, only the way a native could! Click Here to pick it up on my e-store and start saving now!
See The Best Of Jamaica - In Videos!
My channel reaches over 140,000 subscribers worldwide and has leveraged over 11 million views, sharing, what I call 'The Real Jamaica'. Subscribe today and join our family of viewers.
P.S. Didn't find what you were looking for?
Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.