with all that's new at My-Island-Jamaica, Click Here to subscribe
for my updates and don't miss a thing!
Sharing Is Caring! Share this awesome content with your friends now.
Kanopi Treehouse Portland Jamaica
Your Childhood Dreams With A Touch Of Luxury!
Watch! See the real Jamaica in VIDEOS!
Click Here and see why over 60,000 fans are raving about my YouTube Channel!
Kanopi Treehouse Portland Jamaica | (Photo: @KanopiHouse - Instagram)
by Venesha Johnson | Associate Writer
Were you fascinated by treehouses as a child? Can you imagine having an entire vacation in one? Well, let me introduce you to Kanopi House Portland Jamaica.
About Kanopi Treehouse Portland Jamaica
A cluster of eco-chic treehouses surrounded by 100-foot Banyans and steeped in Jamaican culture, Kanopi House is tucked away on a remote hillside overlooking the famous Blue Lagoon. Kanopi House is the ideal getaway for anyone looking for a bit of adventure and a lot of leisure. As one of the most eco-friendly resorts on the island you needn't worry that your activities are causing harm the environment.
The hideaways are made of locally sourced renewable materials, with handcrafted furnishings and décor by Jamaican craftsmen, and are thoughtfully placed to optimise rainforest views.
They unmistakably reflect the natural sensation of a bird's eyrie, wrapped in louvred walls and windows and hanging in the treetops, catching the Caribbean breeze. This is a family-owned business with over 15 years of experience.
Treehouse Accommodations at Kanopi House
Kanopi Treehouse Portland Jamaica | The Living Area (Photo: @KanopiHouse - Instagram)
Who would have thought that treehouses could be as luxurious as these? There are multiple for you to choose from, the hardest part is deciding on just one. Here are your options:
- Hummingbird - With an open entry that truly lets the outside in, an intimate balcony sitting space with front-row access to Kanopi House's favourite tropical birds and active wildlife and, a private bath with an unforgettable walkout waterfall shower, this one-room respite for the more nomadic visitors is perfectly positioned to maximize prime jungle views.
- Treetop Bungalows - Intricately carved wood furnishings, including a king-sized bed covered with locally produced linens and inspired artwork by local Jamaican craftsmen, are included in the bungalows. Perfect for individuals looking for some alone time and a once-in-a-lifetime experience. There are three bungalows Hibiscus, Heliconia, and Red Ginger, all about 450 sqft.
- Upper Deck - From sunrise to sunset, this private hut offers panoramic wraparound views of the jungle below and the heavens above, as it is the highest treehouse on the site.
- Spanish Elm - It's the ideal hideaway for a daring pair or a spirited family with kids, The magnificent queen-sized sanctuary has daybeds that can double as the sleeping places for small children.
It's impossible not to see beauty wherever your eyes land, from every art-filled surface and spectacular views just beyond the French doors to the best seats on the veranda for sun and star-gazing.
- Almond Tree - If there is such a thing as being excessively romantic, intriguing, and appealing, Almond Tree is culpable. It's a highly imaginative and well-imagined use of space that offers you an intimate off-the-grid experience, with its earth-friendly yet strikingly designed treehouse.
- Sweet Wood - Sweet Wood's spacious rooms, totalling 1,200 sqft, is designed for families and small parties, providing the right balance of complete solitude and total togetherness.
Sweet Wood will seem like a home-sweet-home in the middle of the jungle as the only two-level treehouse with two private bedrooms downstairs and an upstairs living room, kitchenette and gathering area.
All treehouses have the following basic amenities:
- Kitchenette and Stocked Coffee/Tea Bar
- On-site laundry services
- Concierge services
- Nightly turn-down service
- Kanopi House Signature toiletries
- Wi-Fi Access
Dining at Kanopi House
Callaloo, ackee, green bananas, grilled and curried seafood and meats, breadfruit, sweet potato and wild cocoa are among the daily menu items.
The chef is happy to introduce you to fresh, new dishes, tailored to your taste buds and dietary needs, whether you are vegan or vegetarian, low carb, moderate or dangerously spicy.
The Living Room restaurant serves breakfast, lunch, and dinner every day. Next to the Living Room restaurant, you will find the bar, it stocks all you need to top off a relaxing day, from rum cocktails, cool red stripe beers, freshly squeezed juices and much more.
What to do at Kanopi Treehouse Portland Jamaica
The grounds at Kanopi House will maybe be enough to fill all your desires for exploring and relaxation, but if you still feel the need for exploring off property, you can make arrangements for many different tours and adventures, including:
- A Monkey Island beach Picnic
- Lagoon Boat Tour
- Rafting on the Rio Grande
- Swimming at Reach Falls
- Rafting on the Blue Lagoon
- Exploring Port Antonio
- Rum Shop Tour
- Scuba Diving
Kanopi House is a real-life Jungle fairytale and is definitely bucket list-worthy.
Contact Information for Kanopi House
- Address - Port Antonio, Portland
- Phone - (876) 632 3213
- Email - email@example.com
Sharing IS Caring! Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
If you found this page useful, please consider subscribing to my weekly newsletter, to get even more.
It tells you each week about the new information that I have added, including new developments and great stories from lovers of Jamaica!
Return to Jamaican Hotels In Port Antonio from Kanopi Treehouse Portland Jamaica
Return to My Island Jamaica Homepage from Kanopi Treehouse POrtland Jamaica
References & Sources For Kanopi Treehouse Portland Jamaica
- Kanopi House, https://www.kanopihouse.com/
Other Great Articles You Might Have Missed
P.S. Didn't find what you were looking for?
Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.