with all that's new at My-Island-Jamaica, Click Here to subscribe
for my updates and don't miss a thing!
Sharing Is Caring! Share this awesome content with your friends now.
My best Jamaican childhood memories
by Karen Jackson
My best child hood memories are from living in Jamaica!
- The joy of feeling proud to wear pink and blue uniform.
- The teachers and the principal cared with discipline.
- My helper taking me to beach - eating sugar on a daily basis.
- Taking the train to May Pen, the fun of looking out the window – watching the higglers going on and off the train.
- The delicious bammy and peppered fish.
- Tamarind in may pen along with jackass corn (pastry).
- Going to YS falls, and bluefields beach on weekends.
- The love displayed by other parents, keeping an eye on each others children while keeping care and disciplined in place.
- Buying fried fish, yam and bammy on the roadside.
- Driving to Kingston using the north side of the island and getting the excitement of finding flat bridge not flooded and seeing the bauxite pit - knowing if the car goes in no one is coming out.
My parents kept of lot of what Jamaica really is from me as child so it became a shock as an adult. There were bad memories also but all the fun stuff far outweighs them and provides the joy I feel when I think about my childhood in Jamaica.
Other Great Articles You Might Have Missed
P.S. Didn't find what you were looking for?
Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.