with all that's new at My-Island-Jamaica, Click Here to subscribe
for my updates and don't miss a thing!
My best Jamaican childhood memories
by Karen Jackson
My best child hood memories are from living in Jamaica!
- The joy of feeling proud to wear pink and blue uniform.
- The teachers and the principal cared with discipline.
- My helper taking me to beach - eating sugar on a daily basis.
- Taking the train to May Pen, the fun of looking out the window – watching the higglers going on and off the train.
- The delicious bammy and peppered fish.
- Tamarind in may pen along with jackass corn (pastry).
- Going to YS falls, and bluefields beach on weekends.
- The love displayed by other parents, keeping an eye on each others children while keeping care and disciplined in place.
- Buying fried fish, yam and bammy on the roadside.
- Driving to Kingston using the north side of the island and getting the excitement of finding flat bridge not flooded and seeing the bauxite pit - knowing if the car goes in no one is coming out.
My parents kept of lot of what Jamaica really is from me as child so it became a shock as an adult. There were bad memories also but all the fun stuff far outweighs them and provides the joy I feel when I think about my childhood in Jamaica.
Sharing IS Caring... Its now YOUR turn to...
If you found this page useful, please consider subscribing to my weekly newsletter, My Island Jamaica Digest here.
Back To The Top Of This Page
It tells you each week about the new information that I have added, including new developments and great stories from lovers of Jamaica!
New! Talk To Me
Was the information helpful? Something needs changing? I welcome your feedback here.
Recommended For You ...
Other Great Articles You Might Have Missed
Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
P.S. Didn't find what you were looking for? Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.
Back To The Top Of This Page
About The Author
A patriotic Jamaican who adore its culture, Wellesley has been using this medium to share what he calls 'the uniqueness of Jamaica with the world' since April 2007.
To date, he serves over 9,300 unique readers / viewers per day.
efforts have earned this site featured positions in local publications,
including the Jamaica Gleaner's Hospitality Jamaica, Carlong Publishers,
as well as recognition from numerous prestigious international agencies
and universities. Read more about him here.
He invites you to subscribe to this site to stay updated on all the latest and check out his unique Jamaican products on his Etsy store.
If you are on social media, here are the links to follow his latest posts
You are also invited to join his exclusive JAMHearts community where like-minded Jamaican enthusiasts discuss all things Jamaican.