Research Assistant wanted at Les Society
The LES SOCIETY is seeking a proactive, driven and determined individual with a passion for research.
Please send information to email@example.com with a completed CV and cover letter.
The roles and responsibilities are:
Participate in the design, administration, and monitoring of clinical trials. Analyze and evaluate clinical data gathered during research. Ensure compliance with protocol and overall clinical objectives.
May require a BS degree or equivalent and 0-3 years of experience in the field or in a related area. Has knowledge of commonly-used concepts, practices, and procedures within a particular field. Rely on instructions and pre-established guidelines to perform the functions of the job. Work under immediate supervision. Primary job functions do not typically require exercising independent judgment. Typically reports to a supervisor or manager.
• Conduct literature reviews
• Collect and analyze data
• Prepare materials for submission to granting agencies and foundations
• Prepare interview questions
• Recruit and/or interview subjects
• Maintain accurate records of interviews, safeguarding the confidentiality of subjects
• Summarize interviews
• Provide ready access to all experimental data for the faculty researcher and/or supervisor
• Request or acquire equipment or supplies necessary for the project
• Manage and respond to project-related email
• Prepare, maintain and update website materials
• Supervise undergraduate students working on the research project (maintaining records on assignment completion, acting as liaison/mediator between the undergraduate students and the faculty researcher)
• Attend project meetings
• Attend area seminars and other meetings as necessary
• Summarize project results
• Prepare progress reports
• Prepare other articles, reports, and presentations
• Monitor the project budget
• Travel to field sites to collect and record data and/or samples as appropriate to the specific objectives of the study
• As appropriate to the specified position, code and verify data in accordance with the specified research protocol and coding procedures and enter data into a computer database and/or spreadsheet application for subsequent analysis
• Develop or assist in the development of interview schedules; contact potential subjects to introduce and explain study objectives and protocol and to arrange interviews, either in person or by telephone
• Identify and compile lists of potential research subjects in accordance with study objectives and parameters, as appropriate to the individual position
• Conduct and record face-to-face and/or telephone interviews with subjects, in accordance with predetermined interview protocol, data collection procedures and documentation standards
• Review and edit data to ensure completeness and accuracy of information; follow up with subjects to resolve problems or clarify data collected
• May set up, calibrate and maintain laboratory and/or field research equipment, as specified by the requirements of the study
• May lead or guide the work of student employees
• Perform miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned
• Prepare findings for publication and assist in laboratory analysis, quality control, or data management
• Write and contribute to publications
• Develop research protocols
• Track progress over time
• Assist with preparation of all educational and training workshops and evaluation strategies
• Engage clinical and community partners in research
• Market training and technical assistance resources to clinical partners and academic investigators
• Develop assessment and evaluation tools
• Compile data for progress reports
• Completed degree(s) from an accredited institution that are above the minimum education requirement may be substituted for experience on a year for year basis
• High school diploma or equivalent; college degree preferred
Research Assistant top skills & proficiencies:
• Attention to detail
• Critical thinking
• Technical skills
• Statistical and Graphical Analysis of Data
• Ability to maintain quality, safety and/or infection control standards
• Planning and scheduling
• Data Collection
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to JamaicanJobsVacancies.
New! Talk To Me
Was the information helpful? Something needs changing? I welcome your feedback here.
Recommended For You ...
And, Before You Go!
Here (below) are some sweet deals on matching products at Amazon that you might have otherwise missed.
Amazon.com, by the way, is the internet's most reputable retailer and usually showcases only the best products that are related to your search. Be sure to check them out.
Note: If link does not show, please click here to be redirected to our page at Amazon.com.
Great Articles You Might Have Missed
Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
P.S. Didn't find exactly what you were looking for? Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.
Top Of Page
About The Author
A patriotic Jamaican who adores his culture, Wellesley has been using this medium to share what he calls 'the uniqueness of Jamaica with the world' - since April 2007.
To date, he serves over 8,300 unique readers / viewers per day.
His efforts have earned him featured positions in local publications, including the Jamaica Gleaner's Hospitality Jamaica, Carlong Publishers, as well as recognition from numerous prestigious international agencies and universities.
He invites you to join his friends list and stay updated on all the latest. You are also invited to join his exclusive patron community.