Caribbean Sun Sunglasses
Vibrant, Clear, True
Caribbean Sun Sunglasses
by Aneisha Dobson, Associate Writer
The day has finally arrived! Your eager, excited and anticipating the next two weeks of sand, sea, fun and (of course) sun.
Yes, your trip to the island paradise of Jamaica.
Now, before you hop aboard that airplane, let’s check off your vacation checklist:
- Passport... check!
- Ticket... check
- Bathing suit (or swimming trunks)... check
- Sunscreen... check
Okay then… you’re off!
Wait! You’ve forgotten an important (yet fashionable) item.
Yes, those stylish pair of sunglasses.
Benefits Of Sunglasses
For some folks, a pair of sunglasses is just another fashion accessory. However, there are several health benefits in wearing sunglasses.
Studies have shown that excess exposure to intense UV rays can cause a condition called photokeratitis (also called ‘sunburn of the eye’).
Individuals affected by this condition often experience watery eyes and pain in the eyes. Hence, it is imperative that we take the necessary precautions in protecting our eyes.
So, before you jet off to the islands, ensure that your pair of dark glasses are packed.
Sunglasses are the only way to protect our eyes from the intense rays of the sun. They act like sunscreen and gives the eyes an extra layer of protection.
Sunglasses Buying Guide
- Sunglasses with Ultraviolet (UV) Protection- Ensure that you purchase sunglasses that block out 99%-100% of ultraviolet rays.
Look for sunglasses that are labelled “UV 400”. These block out all rays that have wavelengths of up to 400 nanometres.
- Polarized lens- These don’t just make your environment darker. Polarized lens aid in reducing the glare from surfaces like water and glass.
- Tinted Lens- Some persons prefer sunglasses with tinted lens. Tinted lens help to absorb light as it passes through them.
Although people purchase tints based on personal preference, each tint has its own benefits. For example, gray lenses reduce brightness but they don’t distort colour.
On the other hand, rose lenses are more beneficial for persons who are active in water sports or other outdoor activities, due to the fact that objects against a blue or green background are better viewed.
- Avoid sunglasses that are too small - As stylish as they may appear, smaller sunglasses simply means that you have minimal protection from the harmful UV rays.
So, make sure you get sunglasses that offer more coverage.
- Don’t get sunglasses that are too dark- In reality, darker sunglasses do not equate to more sun protection. They make it hard to see and put your eyes under more work, thus, causing damages to eyes.
Caribbean Sun Sunglasses
From all indications, this brand offers this and more for not just a safe, but comfortable and sleek sunglasses. According to their website:
- At the heart of every pair is our Intelligent Lens Technology™. Simply put, ILT™ filters out the “bad” light allowing the “good” informational light to reach your eyes, creating the clearest view of the world around you.
- Caribbean Sun™ Polarized Sunglasses feature Monel frames, handmade Zyl tips, spring hinge temples, silicone nose pads and our proprietary polarized lens. Designed to heighten visual acuity and sharpen contrast.
Where To Purchase Caribbean Sun SunGlasses
Amazon.com has a wide selection of them. Simply click this link to see some of their top recommendations now. You may also visit their website at http://www.caribbeansuneyewear.com/
Return to Caribbean Islands from Caribbean Sun Sunglasses
Return To My Island Jamaica from Caribbean Sun Sunglasses
Recommended For You ...
And, Before You Go!
Here (below) are some sweet deals on matching products at Amazon that you might have otherwise missed.
Amazon.com, by the way, is the internet's most reputable retailer and usually showcases only the best products that are related to your search. Be sure to check them out.
Note: If link does not show, please click here to be redirected to our page at Amazon.com.
Great Articles You Might Have Missed
Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
P.S. Didn't find exactly what you were looking for? Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.
Top Of Page
About The Author
A patriotic Jamaican who adores his culture, Wellesley has been using this medium to share what he calls 'the uniqueness of Jamaica with the world' - since April 2007.
To date, he serves over 8,300 unique readers / viewers per day.
His efforts have earned him featured positions in local publications, including the Jamaica Gleaner's Hospitality Jamaica, Carlong Publishers, as well as recognition from numerous prestigious international agencies and universities.
He invites you to join his friends list and stay updated on all the latest. You are also invited to join his exclusive patron community.