with all that's new at My-Island-Jamaica, Click Here to subscribe
for my updates and don't miss a thing!
Does Jamaican Locals Get Discounted Rate At Attractions?
(New Hampshire, USA)
I made some friends on my last visit there and would like them to join me at some of the attractions when I come back in September.
Do they get a discounted price since they live there?
ANSWER: by Wellesley
Hey there Jill,
Thanks for asking!
In most cases, at most places, yes, there is a discounted rate for Jamaican locals.
But notice that I said most places. In other words, not all attractions, it depends on where.
I challenged myself and surveyed thirteen (13) of the top attractions in Jamaica, namely:
- Dunns' River Falls
- Rose Hall Great House
- Green Grotto Cave
- Appleton Estate Tour
- Rocklands Bird Sanctuary
- Mystic Mountain, Rainforest Adventures
- Kool Runnings WaterPark
- Sommerset Falls
- Bob Marley Museum
- Greenwood Great House
- Doctors Cave Beach
- Ricks Cafe &
- Martha Brae rafting
And 8 of the 13 does offer discounted rates for locals!
The other 5 had standard rates for everyone, meaning both local and visitor to Jamaica.
Which are they? I categorized them above accordingly.
Note that your local friend(s) will need to provide proof or identification of Jamaican nationality, which would include a Drivers License, Passport or National ID.
I find that, for the most part, it is the 'native' attractions that seem to offer the discounted rates.
Those with mixed offerings, eg. Ricks Cafe
, which has cliff jumping
but also has a bar and restaurant, there is a standard rate for both locals and visitors.
They, in particular, have no entry fee, but charge the same price for their food and drinks, regardless of local or visitor.
Those Offering Discounted Rates For Locals (Adult Rates)
- Dunns' River Falls, Phone: (876) 974-4767. Local Price: 1,000 JMD /25 USD Standard
- Rose Hall Great house, Phone: (876) 953-2323. Local Price: 1,500JMD/ 25 USD Standard
- Green Grotto Cave, Phone: 973-2841. Local Price: 1000/ 20 USD Standard
- Appleton Estate Tour, Phone: (876) 963-9012. Local Price: 2,000 JMD/ 30 USD Standard
- Rocklands Bird Sanctuary 876-952-2009. Local Price: 1,000 JMD / 20 USD Standard
- Mystic Mountain Adventures Phone: 876-618-1553. Local Price: eg. SkyExplorer 2850 JMD / 47 USD Standard
- Kool Runnings Water Park Phone: (876) 618-0780. Local Price: 3,355 JMD / 39.96 USD Stadard
- Sommeset Falls Phone: (876) 913-0046. Local Price: 1,500 JMD / 25 USD Standard
Those Offering Standard Rates For Both Local and Visitors (Adults)
- Bob Marley Museum, Phone: 876-630-1588. Standard Price: 25 USD or 3,000 JMD
- Ricks Cafe, Phone: (876) 957-0380. Standard Price: Depends on the menu item
- Greenwood Great House, Phone: (876) 953-1077. Standard Price: 30USD or 2,400 JMD
- Doctors Cave Beach, Phone: (876) 952-2566. Standard Price: 750JMD or 6 USD
- Martha Brae Rafting, (876) 952-0889. Standard Price: 65 USD or 7,800 JMD for maximum two persons and a child (Same price for one person)
Not also that all the attractions and places to visit above (and those I know of) do offer discounted rates for children, whether local or overseas.
In most cases it is usually half price (50%) of the standard rate and is usually applicable to kids between the ages of 4 and 12 years old.
I hope this helps.
And by the way, if you are looking for other great places to go in Jamaica, I suggest you take a look at the places shared by my readers here
P.S. We've answered HUNDREDS of questions, click here
to get even more answers.
Click here to post comments
Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to JamaicaQuestions.
Sharing IS Caring... Its now YOUR turn to...
If you found this page useful, please consider subscribing to my weekly newsletter, My Island Jamaica Digest here.
Back To The Top Of This Page
It tells you each week about the new information that I have added, including new developments and great stories from lovers of Jamaica!
New! Talk To Me
Was the information helpful? Something needs changing? I welcome your feedback here.
Recommended For You ...
Other Great Articles You Might Have Missed
Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
P.S. Didn't find exactly what you were looking for? Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.
Back To The Top Of This Page
About The Author
A patriotic Jamaican who adore its culture, Wellesley has been using this medium to share what he calls 'the uniqueness of Jamaica with the world' since April 2007.
To date, he serves over 9,300 unique readers / viewers per day.
efforts have earned this site featured positions in local publications,
including the Jamaica Gleaner's Hospitality Jamaica, Carlong Publishers,
as well as recognition from numerous prestigious international agencies
and universities. Read more about him here.
He invites you to subscribe to this site to stay updated on all the latest and check out his unique Jamaican products on his Etsy store.
If you are on social media, here are the links to follow his latest posts
You are also invited to join his exclusive JAMHearts community where like-minded Jamaican enthusiasts discuss all things Jamaican.