How To Find The Owner Of Land In Jamaica
Land At Barneyside, Westmoreland, Jamaica
How can I find a land owner online in Jamaica? I want know who own a land I live on for more than five yearsRESPONSE: by Deon Clarke
Thanks for stopping by, and thank you for your question.
It sounds like the cart before the horse here, but I still commend you on your willingness to seek information.
Land and home ownership is a very important investment and utmost care should be taken for this investment to be protected at all costs.
Evidently, you are starting from scratch so you would not have any information whatsoever on the property that you are inquiring about.
Your first source of information therefore would be from the National Land Agency Of Jamaica.
They do have a website that outlines the steps you can use to do your search.
Additionally, you will also need to visit the tax administration Jamaica website to finalize your search.
Upon visiting the NLA's website (https://elandjamaica.nla.gov.jm/elandjamaica/index.aspx
), you'll follow the steps below.
- On the home page, select “go to map”
- Click on the search icon in the right corner
- Here, you will get a dialog box with the following options: Title, Parcel, Documents, CMc Features, Buffer. You will see that it is automatically set on “title” and you are required to enter the title reference (volume/folio) to do the search. Seeing that you would not have this information, your next step would be to select the “parcel” option.
- Select the “Parcel” option. Here you will see another dialog box with some other options. It is automatically set to valuation number. You can just let it stay there.
- Click on the map. The dialog box will still be there
- Find your location on the map. It appears that you are living in Hanover, so you would click that area on map until you can find exactly where your property is located.
- You will need to zoom in to the location and double click. Once that is done, a record will pop up with details of parcel, including the valuation number. A record is also generated with the same information at the bottom of the page.
- Go to the tax administration Jamaica website for property tax query: https://ptsqueryonline.fsl.org.jm/PTSOnlineWeb/ptsquery.jsp
- Your next step would be to copy the valuation number and paste it in the field for the property tax query.
- Finally, once you do this you will be able to see the name of the owner of the property and the property tax payments for a few years to present.
- If you are not able to pinpoint the exact location of the property, no worries. Going back to step 4, you can select the “buffer” option instead. This will give you the option to search within a particular range as desired. The results will be generated for a number of properties within the search area and you can follow the steps as outlined to see the owner for each.
Of course, you can always call the National Land Agency to get more details on how to do an official title search.
I hope this information provided was valuable for you and others who are seeking this information as well.
Happy searching and be sure to comment and share !!
See also: How To Apply For Land Title In JamaicaReferences:
Do you have another question, don't hesitate to send it to us here
! With well over 2,000 questions answered
, chances are we can help you :-)