with all that's new at My-Island-Jamaica, Click Here to subscribe
for my updates and don't miss a thing!
Sharing Is Caring! Share this awesome content with your friends now.
How to get a loan from NHT to build on own land- but living overseas
by cavell reid
Can I get loan from NHT to build on own land since I am living overseas?
ANSWER: by Devin, May 14, 2013
Regarding building your home on your own land here, you would need to qualify for the National Housing Trust loan.
To qualify for an NHT (National Housing Trust) Loan you must:
- Be currently contributing to the Trust.
- Have made at least 52 weekly contributions of which 13 must have been made in the last 26 weeks just before the date of your application.
- Have paid up, with interest, any outstanding contributions due in the last 3 years.
Exceptions are Voluntary Contributors or persons earning less than $7,500(Jamaican) per week who are only required to pay up contributions for 1 year.
- Be between the ages 18 and 65.
- Be earning an income which allows you to repay the loan.
For further information on qualifying for the NHT funding, you may view the following website
http://www.nht.gov.jm/contribution-payments/voluntary/what-are-the-requirements, or make contact via email at: email@example.com.
Related: How To Pay NHT mortgages online.
See Also: Contributions from abroad for NHT Benefits.
Devin, for My-Island-Jamaica.com
Other Great Articles You Might Have Missed
P.S. Didn't find what you were looking for?
Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.