Jamaican Culinary Tours
Experience Authentic Jamaican Cuisine
Sharing Is Caring! Share this awesome content with your friends now.
New! See the real Jamaica in VIDEOS!
Click Here and see why over 140,000 fans are raving about my YouTube Channel!
Jamaican Culinary Tours | Falmouth Food Tour
What’s one thing Jamaica is globally known for? Our cuisine of course! With such a well-loved cuisine it probably comes as a shocker that Jamaican culinary tours weren't always a thing and still aren’t very popular.
New! Ready To Visit Jamaica?
Join countless of travelers who have already unlocked the secrets to experiencing Jamaica on a budget. Click Here and find out how.
And, if you ever need a trustworthy, friendly and knowledgeable local guide, consider booking a private tour with us!
These food tours will not only introduce you to varying dishes of our cuisine but also some of our culinary techniques as well. As you will find with most food tours, a little history lesson is standard.
If you are looking for Jamaican culinary tours, these 3 come highly recommended.
Jamaica Food Tours Limited
Jamaica Food Tours Limited was established in 2016 and provides genuine Jamaican flavours and experiences that allow visitors to learn about and connect with Jamaica via cuisine. You may find anything from Jerk Chicken, Jerk Pork, Beef Patties, Curry Goat, Oxtail, and Fresh Seafood like Lobster and Crabs. Simply let them know what meals you'd want to try, and they'll create a fantastic experience that will leave you feeling positively Jamaican.
- Address: 27 Jimmy Cliff Boulevard, Montego Bay
- Telephone: (876) 630-5742
Taste of Jamaica Food Tour
Taste of Jamaica Food Tour brings you on an interactive, real-world, guided food and farm tour. This tour will pick you up from your hotel or cruise ship in the Ocho Rios region and take you to their farm in Harmony Hill, Salisbury St. Ann, passing through the iconic Fern Gully. You will pass through the Jamaican neighbourhoods of Colegate and Walkerswood on the way.
What to expect:
- Visitors will be transported to a working farm where they may see some of Jamaica's agricultural products and medicinal herbs.
- For lunch, they'll serve to you our national dish, ackee and saltfish, steamed callaloo, yams, sweet potatoes, and jerk chicken.
- Enjoy a nice Red Stripe Beer, coconut water or rum punch to cool down.
- Drive around the Neighborhoods outside of Ocho Rios
- With cultural music, including Reggae and Mento, as the backdrop, you can enjoy a picnic-style meal on the farm.
- Jamaica is well recognized for its wide variety of medicinal and restorative plants. Some of their displayed herbs and spices will be explained in-depth to visitors.
- Address: Hinds Town, Ocho Rios, St. Ann, Jamaica
- Phone: 1-876-892-8606 (JA)
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Falmouth Food Tour
This tour is for foodies and anyone looking to experience authentic Jamaican cuisine and culture. Through the island's cuisine, visitors can travel through time while learning interesting anecdotes about the origins of our culinary customs and practices.
You will experience five food tastings and one beverage taster to sample authentic Jamaican cuisine.
Learn about Jamaica's culinary heritage while interacting with local food vendors and diners in Falmouth. Visit the historic Water Square, the location of the Wednesday "Bend Down" market, which replaced one of Jamaica's most famous open-air markets. In the yard of a townhouse built in the early 19th century, finish the trip by indulging in traditional Jamaican sweets.
- Address: 4 Lower Harbour St, Falmouth
- Phone: (876) 586-1817
Why should you do Jamaican Culinary Tours?
- Eating Outside of Your Comfort Zone- One of the finest ways to experience not only the distinctive flavour of the meal but also the culture of Jamaica is to try our cuisine. However, one of the finest ways to step outside of your comfort zone is through food tours, trying dishes that are not typically offered at hotels and resorts or, restaurants in the tourist hubs.
- Eat Like a Local- It is a terrific way to enhance your own cultural experience in the area as well as the smaller, independent restaurants in the neighbourhood. You will get the opportunity to test native ingredients you otherwise wouldn't know about or how to prepare.
- Explore New Neighborhoods- It’s a fun approach to discovering a new place while simultaneously starting a unique culinary experience. Instead of going to bars and restaurants that are popular with tourists, food excursions might take you to hidden gems. These more neighbourhood-focused cookshops and food stands offer chances for you to mingle with residents.
While you plan on enjoying some delicious and unique dishes, you may pick up a few culinary tips and tricks to take home with you, so remember to take notes.
Sharing IS Caring! Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
If you found this page useful, please consider subscribing to my weekly newsletter, to get even more.
It tells you each week about the new information that I have added, including new developments and great stories from lovers of Jamaica!
Return to Best Jamaican Food from Jamaican Culinary Tours
Return to My Island Jamaica Homepage from Jamaican Culinary Tours
References & Sources For Jamaican Culinary Tours
- Jamaica Food Tours. (n.d.). Jamaica Food Tours. https://www.jafoodtours.com/
- Taste of Jamaica Tours. (n.d.). Taste of Jamaica Tours. https://www.tasteofjamaicatours.com/
- Why Food Tours are the Best Ways to Explore a City. (n.d.). TastePro. https://gotastepro.com/blogs/for-the-love-of-food/why-food-tours-are-the-best-ways-to-explore-a-city
Back To The Top Of This Page
New! Get My Latest Book👇🏿
You asked, I've answered! You no longer need to save for months or years, to enjoy paradise!
JAMAICA On A Budget is your passport to experiencing what I call 'The Real Jamaica' on a budget!
I spilled the beans! sharing my top tips on finding cozy accommodations and secret gems, only the way a native could! Click Here to pick it up on my e-store and start saving now!
See The Best Of Jamaica - In Videos!
My channel reaches over 140,000 subscribers worldwide and has leveraged over 11 million views, sharing, what I call 'The Real Jamaica'. Subscribe today and join our family of viewers.
P.S. Didn't find what you were looking for?
Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.