with all that's new at My-Island-Jamaica, Click Here to subscribe
for my updates and don't miss a thing!
A Quick and Easy...
Jamaican Curry Goat Recipe
Sharing Is Caring! Share this awesome content with your friends now.
New! For Authentic Jamaican products, from my very own hands, visit my Etsy store here.
My wife having Jamaican Curried Goat With Rice & Vegetables
In a hurry? Here is an easy Jamaican curry goat recipe for you to try.
Curried Goat, by the way, is another of our popular Jamaican preparation and is a favourite with white rice, rice and peas or roasted breadfruit - breakfast, lunch or dinner!
Watch! See the real Jamaica in VIDEOS
Click Here to watch my latest videos on my fun YouTube channel - you'll love it!
Good luck with your effort! OK, here we go!
Jamaican Curried Goat Recipe
- 3 lbs mutton (goat meat) -cut it into medium-sized chunks
- 2 teaspoons seasoning salt
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3 medium potatoes (diced)- optional
- 1 large onion; diced
- 3 cloves garlic; minced
- 1 teaspoon fresh thyme leaves
- 1 bunch scallions; chopped
- 1 scotch bonnet, seeded & minced finely
- 2 tablespoons Jamaican curry powder.
- 2 tablespoons cooking oil
- Season meat with the seasoning salt.
- Heat the cooking oil in a large pot & add 1 tablespoon of the Jamaican curry powder.
- Cook stirring constantly until the curry powder darkens quite a bit.
- Put meat in pot along with onions, scallions, garlic & scotch bonnet pepper.
- Fry a little (about 5 minutes) over medium heat.
- Add thyme, remaining curry powder, black pepper & a little (1/2 teaspoon) of seasoning salt.
- Cover with water & simmer uncovered until meat is very tender & sauce is thick.
- Add diced potatoes to pot after meat is tender.
- Simmer on very low heat until potatoes are tender.
- Taste sauce & add more salt, if necessary.
- Serve with white rice (or whatever you like)
- Serve it up!
OK, well now there is no more excuse to wait that long - go ahead, print this recipe and give it a try OK - and let me know how it turns out, OK :-)
More Authentic Jamaican Recipes?
Yes, you are welcome! I have a healthy list of even more authentic Jamaican recipes line up for you - free of cost. Just click this link to hop over and get them on my Jamaican recipes page.
We love sharing. I say, the more, the merrier :-)
So How Do You Like Your Jamaican Curried Goat?
I already mentioned that we typically have it with white rice, dumplings or roasted breadfruit, but I would be interested to hear your from you?
Are you able to get the ingredients where you are? How do you like it? Share your thoughts on the link below.
Pages Related To Jamaican Curry Goat Recipe
Back to Jamaican Food from Jamaican Curry Goat Recipe
Back to My Island Jamaica Homepage from Jamaican Curry Goat Recipe
Sharing IS Caring... Its now YOUR turn to...
If you found this page useful, please consider subscribing to my weekly newsletter, My Island Jamaica Digest here.
Back To The Top Of This Page
It tells you each week about the new information that I have added, including new developments and great stories from lovers of Jamaica!
New! Talk To Me
Was the information helpful? Something needs changing? I welcome your feedback here.
Recommended For You ...
Other Great Articles You Might Have Missed
Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
P.S. Didn't find exactly what you were looking for? Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.
Back To The Top Of This Page
About The Author
A patriotic Jamaican who adore its culture, Wellesley has been using this medium to share what he calls 'the uniqueness of Jamaica with the world' since April 2007.
To date, he serves over 9,300 unique readers / viewers per day.
efforts have earned this site featured positions in local publications,
including the Jamaica Gleaner's Hospitality Jamaica, Carlong Publishers,
as well as recognition from numerous prestigious international agencies
and universities. Read more about him here.
He invites you to subscribe to this site to stay updated on all the latest and check out his unique Jamaican products on his Etsy store.
If you are on social media, here are the links to follow his latest posts
You are also invited to join his exclusive JAMHearts community where like-minded Jamaican enthusiasts discuss all things Jamaican.