with all that's new at My-Island-Jamaica, Click Here to subscribe
for my updates and don't miss a thing!
Live It not Di-et | How Cheri Received Her Miracle From Stage 4 Cancer
by Cheri Avery Black
(Mt Salem, Jamaica - via Kansas and Philadelphia)
Live It Up | Becoming a Miracle in 15 Steps
By ‘Chia’ Cheri
In response to this request for Cheri to share her story.
I’m celebrating my 7th Anniversary of rebalancing my body to health. December 10, 2012, I was diagnosed with Stage 4 cancer in my lungs, liver and uterus.
The prognosis was less than a 10% chance to live five years. I got M.A.D. and Made A Decision to live. With friends and family, I researched choices and made changes.
In three months, I declared myself a Miracle: the cancer cells were no longer detectable, 60 excess pounds had melted away, and my appreciation for everything was much deeper.
The Chinese philosopher, Laozi, said, "A journey of 1000 miles begins with a single step." These steps helped me regain and maintain my health. (Note: This was written originally for U.S. readers, however, there are steps that can easily be applied by Jamaicans and others.
- Step 1: Decide to live. Be courageous.
- Step 2: Accept that you are connected to the All-Powerful Source of Energy and Love known to many as God. Have faith all is well. Ask for your desires, be open to receive. Live in the moment; don’t regret your past or fear your future.
- Step 3: Express gratitude, even for things that seem stressful and unbearable. Be at peace by becoming At One with your inner True Self. Life is happening FOR you, not TO you.
- Step 4: Choose to be positive and daily reinforce yourself with positive messages.
- Step 5: Organize your Power Team: positive friends and family to provide encouragement, discipline and love.
Good additions: cancer education counselor, herbal nutritionist, integrative doctor, acupuncture and massage therapists, and chiropractor.
- Step 6: Know your body has the innate purpose and power to heal itself, given a chance. Consider that cancer is not the enemy, but the body’s built-in defense system to save you from dying of acidosis (too much acid).
- Step 7: Learn what contributes to an imbalance in your body, what causes inflammation and an internal acidic environment that breeds chronic dis-ease.
The main culprits are pervasive in our Standard American Diet (S.A.D): meat, dairy, refined sugar, sweeteners, soda, fast food, alcohol, processed foods, products with wheat and gluten, preservatives, pesticides, herbicides, hormones, antibiotics in animal food, GMOs, etc. Replace toxic household and body cleansers.
- Step 8: Toss out that ‘di-et’; begin your ‘live-it’ with organic, alkaline vegetables, green juices and smoothies, fruits, beans, nuts, seeds, coconut or almond milk, and plant-based protein powder.
If needed, supplement with antioxidants, enzymes, vitamins, minerals, phytonutrients, and probiotics. Add fresh lemon or lime to help alkalize food and water.
Get 20 minutes of daily sunshine for Vitamin D.
I recommend getting a Spectracell blood test to check your body’s nutrient levels…it’s well worth it.
- Step 9: Drink purified water. Daily guide: drink ½ your weight in ounces.) Ideally, filter (suggest Clearly Filtered brand is best to get out heavy metals, chlorine and fluoride), and restructure your water via ionizing or reverse osmosis.
- Step 10: Move your body daily. Stretch, take walks, bounce on a mini trampoline to pump your lymph system, swim or exercise in a pool, ride a bike, take an aerobics class, and lift light weights. Engage in tai chi or yoga.
- Step 11: Take time out: meditate at least 20 minutes daily; relax, pray, commune with nature. Take 10 deep breaths at least three times a day.
- Step 12: Sleep seven-eight hours a night, ideally between 11 pm and 7 am. This allows time for the body to detox, heal and repair. (It’s the time the internal "janitors" need to clean up whatever messes you made!)
- Step 13: Cleanse your body daily with lemon); then do some deeper cleaning at least seasonally, with herbs (e.g. Colosun) and colonics to flush out toxins.
- Step 14: Get acupuncture, deep therapeutic massage and muscle manipulation, at least monthly, or weekly for chronic conditions. Generate good negative ions that attack destructive free-radicals through Bio-mat treatments, infrared saunas, ocean waves and waterfalls.
- Step 15: Laugh, have fun, listen to music, do something creative, hang out with friends, and enjoy life.
I imagine you have steps you can share as well. It’s a life-long journey of learning to live in vibrant well-being!Favorite Resources:
beatcancer.org (life-saving, phone consultation, they accept donations), Center for the Advancement of Cancer Education; artofwellnesscenter.com (home visits, phone consultation); kriscar.com; drandrewlipton.com; 2yourhealth.us; liveenergized.com; drfuhrman.com; foodandwaterwatch.org; drhyman.com; forkoverknives.com; thetruthaboutcancer.com; deepakchopra.com; ener-chi.com, mercola.com, ewg.org; livingbeyonddisease.co; foodnews.org.
Certified Cancer Education Coach, Center for Advancement in Cancer Education. Contact me at:
firstname.lastname@example.org; 215.856.4524, WhatsApp 215.882.4351
2014 best-selling co-author Pathways to Vibrant Health and Well-Being and 2011 The Art and Science of Success at live-itup.com; and Loving to be WE: Crossing the Cultural Divide Between Jamaica and the USA/Babylon at cheriaveryblack.com.
Sharing IS Caring... Its now YOUR turn to...
If you found this page useful, please consider subscribing to my weekly newsletter, My Island Jamaica Digest here.
Back To The Top Of This Page
It tells you each week about the new information that I have added, including new developments and great stories from lovers of Jamaica!
New! Talk To Me
Was the information helpful? Something needs changing? I welcome your feedback here.
Recommended For You ...
Other Great Articles You Might Have Missed
Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
P.S. Didn't find exactly what you were looking for? Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.
Back To The Top Of This Page
About The Author
A patriotic Jamaican who adore its culture, Wellesley has been using this medium to share what he calls 'the uniqueness of Jamaica with the world' since April 2007.
To date, he serves over 9,300 unique readers / viewers per day.
efforts have earned this site featured positions in local publications,
including the Jamaica Gleaner's Hospitality Jamaica, Carlong Publishers,
as well as recognition from numerous prestigious international agencies
and universities. Read more about him here.
He invites you to subscribe to this site to stay updated on all the latest and check out his unique Jamaican products on his Etsy store.
If you are on social media, here are the links to follow his latest posts
You are also invited to join his exclusive JAMHearts community where like-minded Jamaican enthusiasts discuss all things Jamaican.