Places To Visit In Jamaica For History & Culture
Published July 7, 2016
Places To Visit In Jamaica For History & culture
Planning on visiting soon with my family and almost adult children. They are interested in the culture and history of the island also the food vegetarian included.
What places would you suggest we visit when we get there?
It would be helpful to get the name of these places and where they are located.
I thought it would be safe to get a personal driver with whom I am acquainted. ANSWER: by Wellesley, July 2016
Thanks again for asking!
I captured a long list of great attractions in Jamaica on this page
, but Chapter 11 of the Jamaica Insider Guide
highlights some of the most intriguing places in Jamaica to visit for history and culture -listed by parish.
Here is a synopsis of them:
- Kingston & St Andrew
- Blue Mountains and John Crow Park
- Bob Marley Museum (876- 978-2929/2991)
- Devon House (876- 929-6602/926-0815)
- Fort Charles Maritime Museum (876- 967-8438)
- Giddy House
- Hollywell National Park (876- 922-1287)
- The Institute of Jamaica Museum (876-922-0620-6)
- Museums of History & Ethnography (876-948-5300)
- National Gallery of Art (876- 922-1561)
- Old Tavern Coffee Estate (876- 924-2785)
- Port Royal
- Royal Botanical Gardens & Hope Zoo (876-927-1085)
- St. Catherine
- Sligoville Community Museum
- Two Sister’s Cave
- White Marl Taino Midden and Museum
- Halse Hall Great House (876-986-2561)
- Denbigh Agricultural Show (876-922-0610)
- Mason River Game Sanctuary
- Canoe Valley National Nature Reserve
- St Elizabeth
- Accompong Town
- Appleton Estate (876- 963-9215)
- Jamaica Zoo
- Waterloo (876- 965-2278)
- Frome Sugar Estate
- Negril Point Lighthouse
- The Seaford Town Museum
- Animal Farm (876- 899-0040)
- Fort Charlotte
- Hanover Museum
- Lucea Clock Tower
- Rhodes Hall Plantation (876-957-6422)
- Ruins at Kenilworth
- St. James
- Bellefield Great House (876-952-2382)
- Greenwood Great House (876- 953-1077)
- Rose Hall Great House (876-953-9982/2323)
- Cockpit Country Interpretive Center (876-844-1940/381-8012)
- Hampden Estates (876-912-9113-4)
- Good Hope Great House (876- 469-3444)
- Outameni Experience (954-4035/617-0948-9)
- St Ann
- Turtle River Falls
- Craighton House Estate (876- 944-8224)
- Green Grotto Caves (876-973-3217)
- Seville Heritage Park (876-972-2191/0665)
- Bob Marley's Nine Miles
- St Mary
- Castleton Botanical Gardens
- Prospect Plantation (876- 974-5335)
- Charlestown Maroon Museum and Safu Yard (876- 445-2861)
- Folly Ruins
- Folly Point Lighthouse
- The Honey Bar
- St. Thomas
- Bath Botanical Gardens
- Morant Bay Courthouse
- Morant Point Lighthouse
- Stokes Hall Ruins
- Stony Gut
- Three Finger Jack’s Cave
Regarding a dependable driver; absolutely, I agree! One of the persons I always recommend is Chester
, he does a great job with his guests.
And the food, there is a little place I learned about recently called Zimabali's Retreats
, you may want to check them out here
Thanks again for choosing Jamaica Faith!
See also: Historical Sites in Jamaica
& Parishes In Jamaica
Wellesley Gayle, My-Island-Jamaica.com
P.S. I invite our ardent fans to share their feedback here
, so stay close to this link to see the comments it gets.
Recommended For You ...
And, Before You Go!
Here (below) are some sweet deals on matching products at Amazon that you might have otherwise missed.
Amazon.com, by the way, is the internet's most reputable retailer and usually showcases only the best products that are related to your search. Be sure to check them out.
Note: If link does not show, please click here to be redirected to our page at Amazon.com.
Great Articles You Might Have Missed
Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
P.S. Didn't find exactly what you were looking for? Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.
Top Of Page
About The Author
A patriotic Jamaican who adores his culture, Wellesley has been using this medium to share what he calls 'the uniqueness of Jamaica with the world' - since April 2007.
To date, he serves over 8,300 unique readers / viewers per day.
His efforts have earned him featured positions in local publications, including the Jamaica Gleaner's Hospitality Jamaica, Carlong Publishers, as well as recognition from numerous prestigious international agencies and universities.
He invites you to join his friends list and stay updated on all the latest. You are also invited to join his exclusive patron community.