Rio Vista Resort Portland Jamaica
Sharing Is Caring! Share this awesome content with your friends now.
New! See the real Jamaica in VIDEOS!
Click Here and see why over 140,000 fans are raving about my YouTube Channel!
Rio Vista Resort Portland Jamaica | (Photo: travelweekly.com)
by Venesha Johnson | Associate Writer
The Rio Vista Resort is situated with spectacular views of St. Margaret's Bay and the Rio Grande river's mouth. The hotel is perched atop a hill covered with lush vegetation and offers stunning views of the Blue Mountains, with peaks that rise to almost 7,000 feet in altitude. One of the best coffees in the world is grown in the Blue Mountains, you are probably very familiar with it.
New! Ready To Visit Jamaica?
Join countless of travelers who have already unlocked the secrets to experiencing Jamaica on a budget. Click Here and find out how.
And, if you ever need a trustworthy, friendly and knowledgeable local guide, consider booking a private tour with us!
A variety of exquisitely furnished guest rooms and villas are available at The Rio Vista. Select between views of the river/mountain, garden, pool, or sea. Included is a free continental breakfast.
With a crisp Red Stripe beer, a cool glass of coconut water, and a filling breakfast, the gazebo terrace is the ideal place to start your day. Enjoy a tranquil Jamaican sunset while observing rafters cruising down the winding Rio Grande river.
A wide range of activities is accessible around the accommodation. Discover the great deals and packages available in the region to improve your vacation. There are numerous activities available such as:
- rafting on the Rio Grande
- climbing the waterfall at Somerset Falls
- nature walks
- visiting the world-famous Blue Lagoon, and much more.
Amenities and Activities
- Air Conditioning
- 24 Hour Security
- Conference facilities
- Free parking
- Internet Access
- Luggage Storage
- Non-smoking rooms/floors
- Photocopy services
- Tour Desk
They have several different rooms and villas but the basic features of all are:
- One Bathroom
- Fully Equipped Kitchenette
- Living/Dining Area
- Flat Screen Television
- Balcony With River, Mountain, Ocean & Garden Views
- Air Conditioning & Ceiling Fan
- Free Continental Breakfast
- Free WiFi
There are no restaurants or bars on the property. But here are some great restaurants in portland you can try:
- Boston Jerk Center- The Boston Jerk Center is a shopping centre dedicated to real, organic, and homemade jerk cookery. The seven jerk pits serve the tastiest jerk pig, poultry, and seafood and are the focal point of the collection of quaint eateries and street sellers. Jerk meals aren't the only items for sale, though. A resident DJ is there, and fresh fruit juices or even just fruit are offered.
- Anna Banana’s- Anna Banana's, one of Port Antonio's most well-known seafood eateries, specializes in lobster, conch, shrimp, and fish prepared to order in a range of Jamaican cuisines. Additionally, a nightly special is made to order and includes dishes like curried goat or stewed peas.
- Coastline Bliss Restaurant and Lounge- This is the place for you if you appreciate fine dining and creative, enticing meals. They have been in business since 2016 and have undoubtedly made an impression. It is highly recommended to get their crispy coconut shrimp.
But it's not just the cuisine; their Cloud 10 bar also serves distinctive drinks like the Seacrets and Portland Bliss.
We found many other restaurants to visit in Portland, here are 10 of our favourites.
Excursions off Property
While the resort itself doesn't offer much in terms of fun activities, portland is the hub for having clean recreational fun and they will work with you to get you to these attractions if you desire. Here are some places you might enjoy in Portland:
The Blue Lagoon
Blue Lagoon | (Photo: Things To Do In Jamaica)
Outstanding natural beauty can be seen in this lagoon in Jamaica. You may recognize the Blue Lagoon because it appeared in the Brooke Shields-starring film of the same name.
The name of this well-known Jamaican location was originally Blue Hole, but it was modified to fit the film better. Depending on the light and the time of day, the water's hue ranges from a rich green to turquoise and deep blue.
Rafting is popular at the Blue Lagoon and the nearby Rio Grande. You can also take a boat ride to the nearby, uninhabited Monkey Island.
Frenchman's Cove | (Photo: theculturetrip.com)
Another must-visit beach in Portland is Frenchman's Cove Beach. One of Jamaica's top beaches, it gained popularity in the 1960s after Garfield Weston, the man behind London's Fortnum and Mason and Selfridges, constructed a hotel with 18 villas.
The beach's margins are lined with mango trees, and there are restrooms and a restaurant. It's also a lot of fun to swing on the ropes. The $10 daily entrance price seems very fair given the location and amenities.
Portland is overflowing with spectacular beaches, falls and historical sites. These are just two of the many you should visit:
If you are searching for an understated but cosy accommodation for your trip to Portland, you should definitely look into giving Rio Vista Resort a try. Contact them at:
Address: Snow Hill Main Road, Snow Hill
Phone: (876) 993-5445
Sharing IS Caring! Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
If you found this page useful, please consider subscribing to my weekly newsletter, to get even more.
It tells you each week about the new information that I have added, including new developments and great stories from lovers of Jamaica!
Return to Accommodation In Portland from Rio Vista Resort Portland Jamaica
Return to My Island Jamaica Homepage from Rio Vista Resort Portland Jamaica
References & Sources For Rio Vista Resort Portland Jamaica
- Restaurants in Portland: 8 places to stop & fuel your adventures (no date) My. Available at: https://www.my-island-jamaica.com/restaurants_in_portland.html (Accessed: November 7, 2022).
- Tranquillity (no date) Rio Vista Resort - A family Resort. Available at: https://www.riovistajamaica.com/ (Accessed: November 7, 2022).
- www.facebook.com/LuxuryColumnist (2022) 9 fun things to do in Portland, Jamaica, Luxury Columnist. Available at: https://luxurycolumnist.com/portland-jamaica/ (Accessed: November 7, 2022).
Rio Vista Resort Portland Jamaica | Written: November 07, 2022
Back To The Top Of This Page
New! Get My Latest Book👇🏿
You asked, I've answered! You no longer need to save for months or years, to enjoy paradise!
JAMAICA On A Budget is your passport to experiencing what I call 'The Real Jamaica' on a budget!
I spilled the beans! sharing my top tips on finding cozy accommodations and secret gems, only the way a native could! Click Here to pick it up on my e-store and start saving now!
See The Best Of Jamaica - In Videos!
My channel reaches over 140,000 subscribers worldwide and has leveraged over 11 million views, sharing, what I call 'The Real Jamaica'. Subscribe today and join our family of viewers.
P.S. Didn't find what you were looking for?
Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.