The Conglomerate of Financial Services
Sharing Is Caring! Share this awesome content with your friends now.
New! See the real Jamaica in VIDEOS!
Click Here and see why over 140,000 fans are raving about my YouTube Channel!
by Venesha Johnson | Associate Writer
A conglomerate of financial services, Sagicor Group Jamaica. As Life of Jamaica (LOJ) Limited (their name when the business began initially), the business began operations in 1970. It was the first locally held life insurance firm to be listed on the Jamaica Stock Exchange (JSE).
New! Ready To Visit Jamaica?
Join countless of travelers who have already unlocked the secrets to experiencing Jamaica on a budget. Click Here and find out how.
And, if you ever need a trustworthy, friendly and knowledgeable local guide, consider booking a private tour with us!
They have provided both goods and services to provide assistance to Jamaican citizens across multiple financial disciplines through various avenues, namely:
- Sagicor Bank Jamaica Limited is one of the biggest commercial banks on the island
- Sagicor Investments Jamaica Limited is one of the top investment firms in the nation
- Sagicor Life Jamaica Limited is a major life and health insurance provider in Jamaica
- Sagicor Financial Corporation, founded in 1840, has operations in more than 20 nations.
A component of the larger Sagicor Financial Corporation is Sagicor Group Jamaica.
With a distinguished past and a standing for being a pioneer in innovation, Sagicor Jamaica is a full-service financial company that provides the following services:
- Life and health insurance
- Real estate
- Pensions and Retirement Planning
- Asset Management
What is the minimum amount to open a Sagicor bank account?
You will need a minimum of $5000, however, if you are opening an account in a foreign currency the minimum is $100.
Is Sagicor an international bank?
Yes, it is. Sagicor now operates in 22 countries located in Jamaica and other Caribbean islands, the United States and Latin America.
Does Sagicor do online banking?
Yes, they do. You can carry out a variety of day-to-day banking tasks using their Sagicor e-banking portal.
What do you need to open a Sagicor Bank account?
- One valid photo identification- such as a voters ID or passport
- TRN or SSN number or Driver’s Licence
- Two character references are required- such as Employer for at least the last 3 months or Principal of school registered with the Ministry of Education.
- Proof of address- such as Utility Bill or Current Statement from Financial Institution.
- Proof of source of funds or income.
The philanthropic division of Sagicor Jamaica, known as Sagicor Foundation Jamaica, is in charge of carrying out the group's Corporate Social Responsibility (CSR) projects and programs.
With a passion for giving back, Sagicor's CSR initiatives are supported by the Foundation's motto of "caring, inspiring, serving" and its mission statement, which is "to be a great company committed to improving the lives of people in the areas in which they operate."
The fundamental goals of the Sagicor Foundation are to improve the lives of children and youth in Jamaica, build communities, and leave a legacy that will help future generations. These goals are best achieved by focusing on the two key pillars of health and education.
The Sagicor Foundation's main projects include the following:
- Adopt-A-School Program - provides early childhood facilities across the island with much-needed refurbishment upgrades, enhancing their overall teaching and learning environment.
As part of the program, three schools in need are adopted each year, and the Sagicor Foundation completes infrastructure improvements to help the schools meet the Early Childhood Commission's standards.
- Sagicor Sigma Corporate Run - a distinctive road race intended to foster friendship, fitness, and pleasure among Jamaica's business community. With a focus on health, child-related, and educational activities, more than $450 million has been contributed to a variety of recipients since the race's inception.
- Scholarship Program - College Scholarships: Students seeking their first degree at only a few Jamaican universities and colleges are eligible for scholarships. Any level (year) of a student may apply. Up to $300,000 in scholarships are granted immediately payable to the university to cover tuition costs.
- High School Scholarships - Children of parents who are protected under the Sagicor Life Jamaica Government Employee Administrative Services Only (GEASO) and Commercial Health Policies are eligible for these scholarships.
Parents must submit an application for their child or children through the Human Resources Department of their employer or the Health Plan Administrator.
Secondary scholarships are also given to the winning boy and girl in the annual Jamaica Teachers' Association/Sagicor National Athletic Championship.
The Sagicor Foundation supports several programs throughout the year in addition to its own efforts. It also collaborates with other organizations to assist significant causes.
Sagicor Jamaica continues to provide unique services and give back to this small island in tremendous ways.
Sharing IS Caring! Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
If you found this page useful, please consider subscribing to my weekly newsletter, to get even more.
It tells you each week about the new information that I have added, including new developments and great stories from lovers of Jamaica!
Return to Jamaican Financial Institutions from Sagicor Jamaica
Return to My Island Jamaica Homepage from Sagicor Jamaica
References & Sources For Sagicor Jamaica
- Sagicor Jamaica, https://www.sagicor.com/en-JM/Personal-Solution/Insurance
Back To The Top Of This Page
New! Get My Latest Book👇🏿
You asked, I've answered! You no longer need to save for months or years, to enjoy paradise!
JAMAICA On A Budget is your passport to experiencing what I call 'The Real Jamaica' on a budget!
I spilled the beans! sharing my top tips on finding cozy accommodations and secret gems, only the way a native could! Click Here to pick it up on my e-store and start saving now!
See The Best Of Jamaica - In Videos!
My channel reaches over 140,000 subscribers worldwide and has leveraged over 11 million views, sharing, what I call 'The Real Jamaica'. Subscribe today and join our family of viewers.
P.S. Didn't find what you were looking for?
Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.