Eloping In Jamaica | What can I expect?
A reader is considering eloping in Jamaica and needs some advice, or rather, some reasons. What do you say to him (or her)?
I shared my response below but there might be some learnings for you as well.
Here is the question...
ANSWER: by Wellesley
We are considering eloping in Jamaica in January.
My fiancee's sister got married there a few years ago at one of the popular resortS and we are looking forward to the same. Any ideas?
Thanks for asking!
And by all means, please make it Jamaica!
For the benefit of those who are new to the concept of eloping, let me quickly explain... Eloping in its strictest sense means a secret wedding, usually away from family and friends. In the historical context, it happens between sweethearts who sometimes were not approved by the family, or where there is a limited budget.
It is also done when the parties want to exclude all the formalities that a traditional wedding might entail.
Nowadays though, the term is used interchangeably, almost in a novel way, with a wedding.
Now back to your question...
There are several
great reasons why your sister in law chose Jamaica, I'm pretty sure - and perhaps why you are considering as well.
In fact, according to Bliss, the popular honeymoon destination guide, Jamaica is the perfect eloping destination in the Caribbean - and it's easier than you think!
They listed four great reasons!
- The magical tropical settings - which creates the perfect backdrops, from beachside and tropical gardens to mountains and waterfalls.
- The variety of resorts and the abundance of specialized services they offer.
- The pricing - Many of our resorts offer all-inclusive packages that might work in your favour.
In addition, there are extremely professional consultants available that are ready and willing to make it happen in an even more customized way.
- The service! We talk a lot about the Jamaican beaches, hotels, food, attractions etc, but the people and the service is what is consistently rated as our biggest attraction.
Jamaican hospitality is right on par with the best in the world!
Can I tell you also that over 50% of the recorded weddings in Jamaica today are actually what is termed 'hotel weddings'?
And a large number of them are visitors like yourself! Yeah man, Jamaica is still the hotbed for romance.
By the way, if you decide to make it Jamaica (and I'm pretty sure you will), I have a great recommendation
for you - she did my wedding too!
You can find her here on my marriage in Jamaica
Thanks again for your question! And congrats on your new and romantic adventure!
As usual, I welcome your comments here
P.S. We've answered HUNDREDS of questions, click here
to get even more answers.References
- "Elope to Jamaica: It’s Easier Than You Think!", BlissHoneyMoons.com, Retrieved from https://www.blisshoneymoons.com/elope-jamaica/ on August 14, 2019
- "What Does It Mean to Elope?", The Spruce, Retrieved from https://www.thespruce.com/the-definition-of-eloping-3489843 on August 14, 2019