How To Send Free Text Messages To Jamaica
How To Send Free Text Messages To Jamaica
Here's How to Send Free text messages to Jamaica (and even within Jamaica)
Every wonder how to send a free text message to a Jamaican mobile number regardless of the provider?
I'll show you in 10 seconds - and you'll be able to do it at zero cost!
You'll simply send it as an email.
This facility becomes even more helpful if you have many friends in Jamaica and would rather send then all one text, eg. "Happy New Year from Joan in Michigan".
Here is how...
- First, find your friend's Jamaican phone number.
It should be something like this "8764446387" (Your friend would normally give you only the last 7 digits)
- Check to find out the provider they use.
The majority of mobile users in Jamaica are subscribed to either Digicel and LIME.
But just to be sure, here's an easy way to find out...
- Go to http://www.whitepages.com/phone/.
- On the text area that it mentions "Reverse Phone", enter the Jamaican phone number and click "search" or the magnifying glass.
- The results will either say something like:
- Mossel (Jamaica) mobile phone from Kingston, JM
- Jamaica Tel. Co. landline from Discovryby, JM
Make a note of either.
You might get other results, but I find that all ALL DIGICEL NUMBER WILL SAY "Mossell Jamaica"- anything else is LIME!
- Next... Sign into your email account (yahoo, gmail etc.)
- Click on "Compose" (or create) an email message, as you'd normally do for regular emails.
- In the "To" field, simply enter either of the following:
- The mobile number (that is 876 + seven digits) then @digitextjm.com, if the provider said "Mossel (Jamaica) mobile phone" from step #2 above OR
- The Phone number, that is 876 + seven digits then @mylimemobile.com, if the provider said "Jamaica Tel. Co. landline" (or anything other than Mossel Jamaica) from step #2 above.
- At the end, the recipient's address should now look like this, firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com
- Simply type your message- you can type the entire text in the subject field or use the regular email body; the first 130 characters will be sent.
- Click Send email.
- That's it!
- Within short order your friend (or family) will receive your email as a text message on their phone in Jamaica!
- Just note that your email address will be sent as well and in the case of Mossell Jamaica" (Digicel) the recipient will see the sender as "555".
- There you have it! No verfication code, No sign up, Nothing!
Just a quick, simple, and FREE way to send free text (SMS) messages to to Jamaica using your email.
Jamaicans (locally) may also do the same - it doesn't have to be from outside the country.
I currently use this feature to send messages to many of my fellow clubites, cricketers, and travel business partners
to advise of updates and new developments.
It can also be an easy way for public relation officers, secretaries, church members, students or members of other organizations to communicate instantly.
If you found this useful, please share this article with a friend or send this link: https://www.my-island-jamaica.com/how-to-send-free-text-messages-to-jamaica.html
New! Looking for authentic Jamaican Grocery items? Click Here to check out our top recommendations on Amazon.com
Recommended For You ...
And, Before You Go!
Here (below) are some sweet deals on matching products at Amazon that you might have otherwise missed.
Amazon.com, by the way, is the internet's most reputable retailer and usually showcases only the best products that are related to your search. Be sure to check them out.
Note: If link does not show, please click here to be redirected to our page at Amazon.com.
Great Articles You Might Have Missed
Please help me get the message out by sharing this article with your friends on social media (links below). Thnx ;-)
Also connect with My-Island-Jamaica.com on Social Media:
Facebook | Twitter | Instagram | Youtube
P.S. Didn't find exactly what you were looking for? Still need help?
Click Here to try our dependable and effective Site Search tool. It works!
Or, simply click here and here, to browse my library of over 500 questions and answers! Chances are someone already asked (and got an answer to) your question.
Top Of Page
About The Author
A patriotic Jamaican who adores his culture, Wellesley has been using this medium to share what he calls 'the uniqueness of Jamaica with the world' - since April 2007.
To date, he serves over 8,300 unique readers / viewers per day.
His efforts have earned him featured positions in local publications, including the Jamaica Gleaner's Hospitality Jamaica, Carlong Publishers, as well as recognition from numerous prestigious international agencies and universities.
He invites you to join his friends list and stay updated on all the latest. You are also invited to join his exclusive patron community.